Team-BHP - Hardwar / Rishikesh Trip
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Hardwar / Rishikesh Trip (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/12942-hardwar-rishikesh-trip.html)

Hai PPL,

I'm planning ahead for the trip to Hardwar / Rishikesh / Gangotri in Sep / Oct this year. I've 9 days, lots of info and idea of the A'bad-Delhi-Hardwar route and not much beyond that. I'll stay with a friend at srinagar and can make it base camp. Possible points of interest woudl be, Hardwar, Rishikesh, Jim Cobert WLS, Gangotri and lots of temples around there; lots of trecking options too. If anyone has toured these areas I'd appreciation information on:

1. White water rafting points in and around Hardwar / Rishikesh and costs.
2. Are Nainital or Mussore too far from these points ?
3. Are the roads drivable from Rishikesh and up, its ghat routes.
4. Are there road heads to Gangotri etc.

Tnx in advance,

==Ramky
=================

I've been to rishikesh a few years back by car ... it was a gr8 drive. U can contact a company called "AQUATERRA" for rafting and stuff there. From rishikesh we went up 21kms to "neelkant" the road that time was being built it must be good to drive now... back then the road was bad but the scenary was AWESOME ...

2. Mussourie is nearer, nainital would be around 5 hours. But I suggest you visit nainital as its a better hill station. Stay away from the mall at someplace near mallital
3. Road to nainital through Kalidunga/Corbett is great. Infact corbett is just 2-3 hours from nainital
4. Yes there are but its a 10 hour+ drive. The roads may be very very bad I suggest you pick up outlook holiday in the hills guide, or the Lonely planet india map book for routes.

[SIZE=2]Dear Ramky,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Water rafting is above rishkesh and the cost is 800 rs for 4 hr.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]The same would cost you 2500 rs for 2 days.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]i can send you the link to water rafting site http://www.logoutatwork.com/[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]They make arrangements for Water fafting.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
Are Nainital or Mussore too far from these points ?Mussore is about 3 hr and naintal is quiet far
3. Are the roads drivable from Rishikesh and up, its ghat routes.Yes
4. Are there road heads to Gangotri etc.Yes

Take care !!
Regards
Anupam

Hai Anupam and others,

Tnx for the info, I just went to the logout website (neat I'd say) sent them a mail and talked to a guy called Rohit, they're sending me quotes and plans.

We need to do some OBL for about 200 senior personnel and what Hardwar / Rishikesh rivers and mountains has to offer will fit the bill. I'd start off with my personal visit, scout the area and possibilites, do a pilot of 20 ppl and then take it from there........

Any information would be helpful to build a complete picture. I plan to drive a lot, explore the entire region, even if it takes around 10 days and see all the trecking, white water rafting and sking options around there. Will post a synopsis in a month or two after the file builds up.

--Ramky

Quote:

Originally Posted by anupam00
[SIZE=2]Dear Ramky,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Water rafting is above rishkesh and the cost is 800 rs for 4 hr.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]The same would cost you 2500 rs for 2 days.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]i can send you the link to water rafting site http://www.logoutatwork.com/[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]They make arrangements for Water fafting.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
Are Nainital or Mussore too far from these points ?Mussore is about 3 hr and naintal is quiet far
3. Are the roads drivable from Rishikesh and up, its ghat routes.Yes
4. Are there road heads to Gangotri etc.Yes

Take care !!
Regards
Anupam

Hi Ramkya and others

Need a little bit of urgent help. I and two other friends were planning on taking a trip to Rishikesh (from Delhi) to do white water rafting from Oct 17-19.

We were originally supposed to take the bus and go..Then suddenly my friend decided that he has to give a workout to his old horse m800. So the plan has become as of this morning: Leave early 4 am types from delhi on morning of Oct 17. And try and reach Rishikesh by noon or late noon.

Drive to Shivpuri/Malakunti to the Logout Camp and stay there for the rest of our time.

I had a couple of questions which I would be grateful if you could help me with:
1) We are novices with respect to the roads around Delhi. If you could help us with the route to Rishikesh.

2) While I read about the Snow Leopard camp and log out camp from team bhp, hence went ahead and contacted them, snow leopard did not respond while log out camp did.

Since they are charging quite a bit (Rs. 3500 per person for 2 nights and 3 days), just wondering if it is a decent enough place. We are guys, so no special demands just want a little good food and safety equipment (since 2 of the three of us do not know swimming). Have you heard anything about them.

3) Anything else we should be aware of.

Cheers and wish you a happy diwali.