Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2014, 14:19   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chennai Bypass Query (Nellore to Sabarimala)

^ Second Venuvedam's suggestion. Took part of this route when returning from Pulicat lake to Chennai.

You will face traffic as you near the exit ramp from NH 5 to Chennai bye-pass. However it is not the typical Chennai traffic, but due to traffic signals en-route.

Couple of pointers -
-Ramp to Chennai bye-pass can be easily missed. You need to take the left service road ramp and then loop back across NH 5 and to the bye-pass on the right. Do keep an eye out for over pass, as you see it approaching await for the ramp on the left. Sign boards are kept only at the turn, hence of no much use in anticipating the turn.

- Bye-pass is bit bumpy thanks to lack of repairs and overladen trucks, anything above ~ 80 and you will get a feeling of camel ride.

- If taking this route to proceed towards Salem, Bangalore, Krishnagiri you need to take exit here. Again, this exit is easy to miss. To make spotting it easy, look out for big glass building of RBS on the left and once that is crossed for MGR university. The exit ramp on the left is soon after this.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 16:32   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
Follow NH5 till red hills. Then after crossing the Puzhal jail, you get a ramp to get onto the Madhuravoyil bypass... and you will get off this road at Perangalatthur/Vandalur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
^ Second Venuvedam's suggestion. Took part of this route when returning from Pulicat lake to Chennai.
Can any one of you mark the route for me in google map? I tried tracing the route but couldn't
Old 6th December 2014, 22:57   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Can any one of you mark the route for me in google map? I tried tracing the route but couldn't
Hi Arun,

Please search for "Tada, Andhra Pradesh to Vandalur, Tamil Nadu" in Google Maps search. Google, by default, provides directions through the Madhuravoyil bypass road only.

Regards
Venu

Last edited by venuvedam : 6th December 2014 at 23:02.
venuvedam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 09:20   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Can any one of you mark the route for me in google map?
This would be the route.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:35   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

I took the redhills route to bypass chennai. Didn't face much traffic on this route. It was around 40Kms and it took around 35-40mins. I think we paid couple of tolls. However traffic was there near vandalur which took some time. I think this traffic was due to a temple on the road side and most of the vehicles stops here for a quick pooja. It took may be around 20mins to cross this place.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions!

Chennai Bypass Query (Nellore to Sabarimala)-ld3.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
-Ramp to Chennai bye-pass can be easily missed. You need to take the left service road ramp and then loop back across NH 5 and to the bye-pass on the right. Do keep an eye out for over pass, as you see it approaching await for the ramp on the left. Sign boards are kept only at the turn, hence of no much use in anticipating the turn.
mpksuhas, despite your warning, I still missed the ramp to Chennai bye-pass. I then took 'U' turn at the next signal.

Last edited by arun_josie : 23rd December 2014 at 09:36.
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I would suggest:

Tada-Thiruvallur-Sriperumbudur-Oragadam-Singaperumal Koil.

Route Link

Another option can be: Naidupeta-Kalahasti-Tirupati bypass - Arakkonam - Kanchi - Chengalpet (But this means you need to go through Kanchi. No byasses available)

Route Link

I would suggest the second option. That also gives you a place to break on the way (Kanchi).
When was the last time you actually drove on this route ? Or was a it a Google Maps search to help Arun

And I see that you are active on all the road threads , was just curious to understand on how would you rate road conditions and facilities on a particular route that you would suggest

Last edited by speedsatya : 23rd December 2014 at 11:12.
Old 17th November 2015, 06:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

Is Nellore - Chennai Bypass - Trichy road motorable following heavy rains? We plan to go that way during the evening of 18.11.15.

Please advice.
Old 17th November 2015, 06:48   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
Is Nellore - Chennai Bypass - Trichy road motorable following heavy rains? We plan to go that way during the evening of 18.11.15.

Please advice.
I drove to Trichy-Thanjavur on 14 Nov.A few craters (at 5-10 places) were there in Chennai Trichy stretch,but for that it was quite good.Dont know what damage two more days of rain had done.2 days ago Madhurantakam lake was almost full.Hope water has not overflowed over the bridge.Are you taking Theni-Cumbum-Kumily route?

Have a safe trip.

Last edited by ramanak : 17th November 2015 at 06:50.
Old 17th November 2015, 17:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak View Post
I drove to Trichy-Thanjavur on 14 Nov.A few craters (at 5-10 places) were there in Chennai Trichy stretch,but for that it was quite good.Dont know what damage two more days of rain had done.2 days ago Madhurantakam lake was almost full.Hope water has not overflowed over the bridge.Are you taking Theni-Cumbum-Kumily route?

Have a safe trip.
Yes, going to Sabarimala. Can u please suggest alternatives now that Nellore - Chennai is out of reckoning.
Old 22nd April 2016, 10:43   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

@venuvedam, @ampere

Based on the earlier posts by you both, I am hoping you can help me with some route suggestions. What is the best way to go to Tada from Bangalore?

1. Bangalore (yeshwantpur) - Chittoor - Tirupati - Tada
340KM total 110KM 4-lane, 230KM 2-lane

2. Bangalore (yeshwantpur) - NICE - Vellore - Chennai Bypass - Tada
440KM total, all 4-lane

My criteria is to have a relaxed journey but don't want to take #2 if it takes 30min+ longer.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
Hi Arun,

Please search for "Tada, Andhra Pradesh to Vandalur, Tamil Nadu" in Google Maps search. Google, by default, provides directions through the Madhuravoyil bypass road only.

Regards
Venu
Quote:
The other option :

Nellore-Gudur-Nayadupeta-Tirupati bypass - Chandragiri- Chitoor-Palamaner-Venkatagirikota-Krishnagiri Salem-Dindigul-Theni-Kumily-Sabarimala.

Last edited by androdev : 22nd April 2016 at 10:44.
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:10   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
@venuvedam, @ampere
Based on the earlier posts by you both, I am hoping you can help me with some route suggestions. What is the best way to go to Tada from Bangalore?
1. Bangalore (yeshwantpur) - Chittoor - Tirupati - Tada
340KM total 110KM 4-lane, 230KM 2-lane

2. Bangalore (yeshwantpur) - NICE - Vellore - Chennai Bypass - Tada
440KM total, all 4-lane
The best option for you is Chitoor-Tirupati bypass-Kalahasti-Tada. But beyond Mulbagala, you will be on 2-lane road.

Quote:
My criteria is to have a relaxed journey but don't want to take #2 if it takes 30min+ longer.
If you need to meet this aspect, you have to go via Chennai. Take the Chennai bypass onto Redhills and there on to Tada on the GQ.

Some updates on Chennai-Tada:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...queries-7.html

Last edited by ampere : 22nd April 2016 at 15:37. Reason: Fixed Typo
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 14:13   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you need to meet this aspect, you have to go via Chennai. Take the Chennai bypass onto Redhills and there on to Tada on the GQ.
Thanks ampere, how much extra time will this route take as it is nearly 100KM longer than chittoor route as per google maps (340km vs 440km)?
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:38   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Thanks ampere, how much extra time will this route take as it is nearly 100KM longer than chittoor route as per google maps (340km vs 440km)?

I would suggest chitoor route as it has less traffic though you go on 2 lanes. but if you still want to take chennai route then take Chennai bye pass from maduravoyal > redhills > tada.

My take is chitoor>tirupathy > Tada. I have driven this route , its peaceful.

thanks
joshguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 16:12   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
I would suggest chitoor route as it has less traffic though you go on 2 lanes. but if you still want to take chennai route then take Chennai bye pass from maduravoyal > redhills > tada.

My take is chitoor>tirupathy > Tada. I have driven this route , its peaceful.

thanks
Thanks, that settles it. I will use chittoor route while going and if I find it involves too much overtaking hassle, I will return by vellore route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks