Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2013, 15:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Agra To Nainital : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
But since you can reach in 2 hrs to delhi from agra, through YEW. I guess, via hapur route is better.

I have done Delhi-nainital in 6 hrs with 10 min break in between and Delhi-rudrapur in 4-5 hrs many times.

And, i am certain that, time taken on both the routes will be pretty much same, if not less, via hapur route.

When i posted this same on HV sir fb forum, most of the guys who have done this agra-barielly, recently, suggested the same.
Hapur route is better when you do not get stuck in jams. I have done Delhi Nainital in 6 to 12 hours and sometimes even more! At the same time I once travelled in state transport bus (night service) and reached Delhi in less than 6 hours.

However, the longest time in Nainital - Agra, via Etah (in a state transport bus) was 11 hours. That was done in times when the bridge over Ganga was common for road and rail transport.

I would like to know, in more detail, the issues on Etah Barielly route before striking it out. The Hapur route will be at least 100 km more than the Barielly route.
Old 8th March 2013, 23:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Hapur route is better when you do not get stuck in jams. I have done Delhi Nainital in 6 to 12 hours and sometimes even more! At the same time I once travelled in state transport bus (night service) and reached Delhi in less than 6 hours.

However, the longest time in Nainital - Agra, via Etah (in a state transport bus) was 11 hours. That was done in times when the bridge over Ganga was common for road and rail transport.
Jam on Delhi-hapur route is now a thing of past, with new bridge up in gadhganga and flyover over notorious rampur railway crossing, You won't fact any jam, unless and until you choose the day, when there is somefestival or something at gadhganga

Rest all is fine now. But, regarding other route, I have heard, it's fine but the one via hapur is better and with YEW in place, those 100 extra kms hardly matters, no ?
Old 11th March 2013, 11:30   #18

Thanks gentlemen! But the confussion continues! So, should I now toss a coin or what?

Any new opinions please?

But seriously, thanks for being helpful!
Old 10th June 2013, 10:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushikc5 View Post
Thanks gentlemen! But the confussion continues! So, should I now toss a coin or what?

Any new opinions please?

But seriously, thanks for being helpful!
Which route did you take eventually? Your feedback will be helpful for others!
Old 28th December 2013, 01:14   #20
BHPian

Well, sorry for reviving an old thread but I thought of chipping in cause I am currently in Bareilly and came here from Mumbai via the Delhi - Hapur - Moradabad - Rampur route. ( this is my regular route that I take 4 times a year). I will be taking the Bareilly - Etah - Agra - Bharatpur -Jaipur route on day one tomorrow morning. Will post details tomorrow night.
Old 28th December 2013, 07:00   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Chief View Post
Well, sorry for reviving an old thread but I thought of chipping in cause I am currently in Bareilly and came here from Mumbai via the Delhi - Hapur - Moradabad - Rampur route. ( this is my regular route that I take 4 times a year). I will be taking the Bareilly - Etah - Agra - Bharatpur -Jaipur route on day one tomorrow morning. Will post details tomorrow night.
Badaun Kasganj Etah sections were always quite rough. That situation has never improved over the quite some amount of time. Would be curious to know about your findings.

You will also have one more BIG trouble. And that would be finding your way to the Jaipur Road through the city of Agra. The city has bypass only for GT Road. For the rest one has to wade through the city.
Old 29th November 2015, 18:30   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post

With regards to the above, its great to note that Agra-Hathras-Aligarh is good. This section was ever broken. And so was the section beyond. I assume you took the Atrauli (or Dibai) section to Narora where you crossed the Ganges and proceeded further to Mooradabad via Chandausi. All these sections were never good. You should have taken the Etah/Kasaganj/Badaun route. Thats what most buses take.

Last edited by ampere : 30th November 2015 at 08:43. Reason: grammar
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 08:37   #23
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
its great to note that Agra-Hathras-Aligarh is good.
Yes. I paid toll twice on this very good section.

Agra To Nainital : Route Queries-agramoradabadtoll.jpg

I decided to stick on to NH 93 all the way to Moradabad as I wanted to explore the UP roads. I had planned to drive on Yamuna Expressway in the return journey.
Quote:
And so was the section beyond.
The bad roads were the sections after Aligarh, before Moradabad and Rampur - Rudrapur.
Quote:
I assume you took the Atrauli (or Dibai) section to Narora where you crossed the Ganges and proceeded further to Mooradabad via Chandausi.
The NH 93 took me via Chhatari>Dibai>Chandausi to Moradabad. I saw the cooling towers of Narora Atomic Power Station far away on my right.
Quote:
All these sections were never good.
Apart from the sections mentioned above, all other sections were good. Moradabad bypass to Rampur was a beautiful 4-lane toll road. Here is another photo of a good section of NH 93:

Agra To Nainital : Route Queries-dsc06163.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 30th November 2015 at 08:49.
  (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 08:47   #24
Team-BHP Support

Re: Agra To Nainital Route query

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Apart from the sections mentioned above, all other sections were good. Moradabad bypass to Rampur was a beautiful 4-lane toll road.
Great to hear that these roads have vastly improved. I only used to go through pot-holes. But that was a long-long time back when I used to take those state transport buses.

As regards Mooradabad-Rampur; I think the 4-lane is because it is a part of NH24 (Delhi-Lukhnow highway).
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 11:55   #25
BHPian

Re: Agra To Nainital : Route Queries

How is the road between Agra and Etah? One of me relative has decided to marry his daughter going all the way to Etah and we have to attend that coming wednesday.

The route I am thinking is Gurgaon - Sohna - KMP Expressway till Palwal - NH2 to Agra and than Etah. While I am pretty familiar till Agra but absolutely no idea for Agra to Etah road.

Any help is highly appreciated.
Old 26th March 2019, 11:51   #26
BHPian

Re: Agra To Nainital : Route Queries

During summer of May 2019, which route would be good from Agra to Nainital considering 3 families (3 females and 3 kids)? One of my friends may take up a Tempo Traveler for this section, departing in the morning.
Any note on good/hygienic places to eat and other facilities (washroom, snack shops, etc.)?

Most Viewed