Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2013, 01:46   #16
BHPian

Allahabad to Basoda route suggestions

Hello

I have a trip to Basoda (Madhya Pradesh) coming up next week. I need suggestions on the best route that could be taken from Allahabad for this place.
I would be travelling alone and the car is Rapid.

I checked the mapmyindia map and I see two routes:
First, via chitrakoot-mahoba-chhatarpur-sagar and Second, via rewa-satna-chhatarpur-sagar.

I have not traveled by road in this part so i have absolutely no idea as to what would be the best route. Good roads are my primary concern.

Also, last time i had traveled to Bhopal, I had gone via kanpur-jhansi-lalitpur route which had got quite long and as of now I dont intend to take that route this time.

Any suggestion would be a great help

Regards
Old 11th November 2013, 07:33   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Allahabad to Basoda route suggestions

Some good ideas here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...est-route.html

Either - Allahabad-Kanpur-Jhansi-Lalitpur-Basoda

or come via Jabalpur. (Rewa-Maihar-Umaria-Jabalpur-Sagar-Basoda)

I think Jabalpur option seems better. Check with others for latest conditions.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 16:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere
Some good ideas here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...est-route.html

Either - Allahabad-Kanpur-Jhansi-Lalitpur-Basoda

or come via Jabalpur. (Rewa-Maihar-Umaria-Jabalpur-Sagar-Basoda)

I think Jabalpur option seems better. Check with others for latest conditions.
Hi

Wouldn't u suggest any of the two routes that I have mentioned above?
As for the Jabalpur route, it will again be quite a detour and will become the same distance wise as Kanpur-Jhansi route.
Old 11th November 2013, 18:42   #19
Team-BHP Support

Re: Allahabad to Bhopal - Best route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hi

Wouldn't u suggest any of the two routes that I have mentioned above?
As for the Jabalpur route, it will again be quite a detour and will become the same distance wise as Kanpur-Jhansi route.
I am frankly not sure of the condition. But in general the Chatarpur section was not advised by many. Hence I referred to that link. It may be about 100km more. But if you come via Kanpur/Jhansi, roads are much better.

I will let HVK comment.

Last edited by ampere : 11th November 2013 at 18:43.
Old 11th November 2013, 19:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello

I have a trip to Basoda (Madhya Pradesh) coming up next week. I need suggestions on the best route that could be taken from Allahabad for this place.
I would be travelling alone and the car is Rapid.

I checked the mapmyindia map and I see two routes:
First, via chitrakoot-mahoba-chhatarpur-sagar and Second, via rewa-satna-chhatarpur-sagar.

I have not traveled by road in this part so i have absolutely no idea as to what would be the best route. Good roads are my primary concern.

Also, last time i had traveled to Bhopal, I had gone via kanpur-jhansi-lalitpur route which had got quite long and as of now I dont intend to take that route this time.

Any suggestion would be a great help

Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I am frankly not sure of the condition. But in general the Chatarpur section was not advised by many. Hence I referred to that link. It may be about 100km more. But if you come via Kanpur/Jhansi, roads are much better.

I will let HVK comment.
The route to Chhatarpur via Banda is a horrible road which is unlikely to have changed in the last few months.

Allahabad-Rewa-Satna route would have been better, but Allahabad-Rewa is in bad shape now, so that can be ruled out.

That leaves only the Jhansi-Sagar route!
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 22:50   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
The route to Chhatarpur via Banda is a horrible road which is unlikely to have changed in the last few months.

Allahabad-Rewa-Satna route would have been better, but Allahabad-Rewa is in bad shape now, so that can be ruled out.

That leaves only the Jhansi-Sagar route!
Thank you sir.

I think I will take the Rewa route for the onward journey. I have been informed today that the road is motorable though you need to be cautious and go slow.

How is it after Rewa?

I have to come back via Kanpur only because of some work so then I will in any case have to come via jhansi route.

I will update about the stretch till Rewa for future reference.

Last edited by torque18 : 11th November 2013 at 22:55.
Old 12th November 2013, 08:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you sir.

I think I will take the Rewa route for the onward journey. I have been informed today that the road is motorable though you need to be cautious and go slow.

How is it after Rewa?

I have to come back via Kanpur only because of some work so then I will in any case have to come via jhansi route.

After Rewa, the road is fine to Chhatarpur via Satna.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 20:01   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you sir.

How is it after Rewa?

Hope I am not late in responding, Chatarpur - Sagar is also in bad shape. The best for you would be via Jhansi only. after Jhansi - Babina - Lalitpur - Malthon - Bina - Ganjbasoda, from Sagar - Khurai - Bina - Basoda is good. Shorter Sagar - RAhatgarh - Gyaraspur - Basoda , I have heard also good but not taken the Rahatgarh - Gyraspur - Basoda in recent times, upto Rahatgarh is great.

Last edited by rkhare : 16th November 2013 at 20:11.
rkhare is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 20:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhare View Post
Hope I am not late in responding, Chatarpur - Sagar is also in bad shape. The best for you would be via Jhansi only. after Jhansi - Babina - Lalitpur - Malthon - Bina - Ganjbasoda, from Sagar - Khurai - Bina - Basoda is good. Shorter Sagar - RAhatgarh - Gyaraspur - Basoda , I have heard also good but not taken the Rahatgarh - Gyraspur - Basoda in recent times, upto Rahatgarh is great.
Hi

No, you are not late. I am supposed to leave on wednesday.

How bad would you say is from sagar-chhatarpur? Should it be completely avoided? because taking the jhansi route means I will be travelling around 150 kms extra. And jhansi-babina is also a nightmare.

If i take the jhansi route, then there is a bifurcation from lalitpur and the road goes via pali to basoda. How is that?

Regards
Old 20th November 2013, 00:20   #25
BHPian

Quote:
How bad would you say is from sagar-chhatarpur? Should it be completely avoided? because taking the jhansi route means I will be travelling around 150 kms extra. And jhansi-babina is also a nightmare.

If i take the jhansi route, then there is a bifurcation from lalitpur and the road goes via pali to basoda. How is that?

Regards
Route and turning point - http://goo.gl/maps/dyQ5U
Please remember to take left exit at Malthone, please do not climb over elevated road.
also looking forward to update from your end between Jhansi and Babina

Last edited by rkhare : 20th November 2013 at 00:23.
Old 20th November 2013, 00:47   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhare

Route and turning point - http://goo.gl/maps/dyQ5U
Please remember to take left exit at Malthone, please do not climb over elevated road.
also looking forward to update from your end between Jhansi and Babina
Do we have any sign board indicating the turn at
Malthone? As far as I remember it's a deserted road from lalitpur onwards and there was no board whatsoever. Had taken this road when I went to Bhopal in February.
Old 21st November 2013, 18:02   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Do we have any sign board indicating the turn at
Malthone? As far as I remember it's a deserted road from lalitpur onwards and there was no board whatsoever. Had taken this road when I went to Bhopal in February.
I understand you have already done it by now, would love to get update on route from you,
Old 23rd November 2013, 00:37   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhare View Post
I understand you have already done it by now, would love to get update on route from you,
Hi

I came back today only. The road till Jhansi is not in a very good condition and you need to be careful, lest you will end up in one of the deep potholes. From jhansi to babina is still a nightmare and should be done during daytime strictly. babina-lalitpur-malthone is good. However, I dont understand why there are not many dhabas on this route and even the few that exist are deserted. I longed for tea and driving alone i needed it quite desperately so tried one dhaba only to be told that he is out of milk!

Anyway, from malthone to kurwai via bina is good. From Kurwai its quite bad for around 15kms and you got to be extra careful as after a patch of perfect tarmac the road suddenly disappears at several points. The final leg to basoda has some bad roads near the basoda town only.

Regards
torque18 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks