Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2023, 21:37   #2431
BHPian

Re: Leh, Ladakh and Zanskar - The Ultimate Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantsethi View Post
Hi! I'm planning to do the same route during the same time. My tentative start date from Delhi is September 1 and tentative return is September 15. It would be great to connect with you to discuss more about the trip and detailed itinerary!
Hi Prashant,

Sure, please connect. Not able to PM or email you as it seems to be disabled. See if you can PM me.

Regards
Old 9th March 2023, 22:29   #2432
BHPian

Guys,

Do you have a list of recommended hotels on the route - clean and decent, not too expensive, with comfortable parking spots.

Near Patnitop
Near Sonmarg
In Leh
Tangste
Hanle
Tso-Moriri
Sarchu
Old 10th March 2023, 00:24   #2433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys,

Do you have a list of recommended hotels on the route - clean and decent, not too expensive, with comfortable parking spots.

Near Patnitop
Near Sonmarg
In Leh
Tangste
Hanle
Tso-Moriri
Sarchu
I would suggest Udhampur instead of Patnitop for economically sound stay options.

Similarly Kargil Instead of Sonamarg as Sonmarg is highly expensive.
Pine Stay in Sonamarg is a beautiful but expensive property (Mr. Seth used to be Manager. Ph No. 8716900863)
Leh, Ladakh and Zanskar - The Ultimate Guide-20220603_164426.jpg

Padma Homestay in Hanle has good reviews all around.

Sarchu only has tents/Swiss Tents so target Jispa for solid roof requirements.
88_TANK_88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 14:46   #2434

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
Hi Prashant,

Sure, please connect. Not able to PM or email you as it seems to be disabled. See if you can PM me.

Regards
Hi!

Thanks for your message

Yes seems it was disabled for me. I don't have the option to send PM/email active for me yet (need to be more active I guess!). Can you try to send an email to me now then we can connect offline as well?

Regards
Old 12th March 2023, 19:29   #2435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantsethi View Post
Hi!

Thanks for your message

Yes seems it was disabled for me. I don't have the option to send PM/email active for me yet (need to be more active I guess!). Can you try to send an email to me now then we can connect offline as well?

Regards
Sent you email. Or contact me at Seven 0 Six 5 Seven 8 Seven 9 Nine 6.
Old 15th March 2023, 18:03   #2436
BHPian

Hello Good People !

We are planning a Ladakh ride from Kolkata and need your suggestions/ opinions on the route. Specially the timings

We plan to leave Kolkata on 29th April 2023 and the entire trip is 24 days. Since it is the peak summer we plan to ride from 6 PM to 6 AM each night and rest at the hotels during the day. Now most youtube vlogs we follow do not have a night ride, but a few (couple) we found seemed to give us the confidence that if we stick to the Express and High ways, and stay low profile, there is limited risk.

We are two bikes and both our wives are accompanying us as pillions. We are well experienced on night rides and only wanted to know if this route has some specific risks

ROUTE
Kolkata - Sasaram - Lucknow - Murthal - Amritsar

A stay at each of these places, 1 hours ride then 15 minutes break. Have mapped 24 hour dhabas and fuel stations. Still need some expert advises please!

Regards,
Saurab Chatterjee
Old 18th March 2023, 11:10   #2437
BHPian

I am planning to do Salsal La route for Hanle to Karzok in a humle Ford Freestyle TDCi(GC 190mm). Anyone went on to this route last year?

Suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance!

Cheers
Old 4th April 2023, 16:29   #2438
BHPian

Hi All, Am planning a family trip this month end.

Please share your views /suggestions/ observations

Leh, Ladakh and Zanskar - The Ultimate Guide-capturetrip.png
Old 4th April 2023, 17:20   #2439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal View Post

Attachment 2436927
If your primary objective is Ladakh, you should look at maximising the number of days there and cut down the time taken to get there.

I feel you should drop Amritsar (too hot in May). You should also cut your time in Srinagar. You should then look at adding an extra day in Nubra Valley and consider doing the whole Nubra-Spangmik-Hanle-Tso Moriri circuit. This will also give you extra days to deal with contingencies (sickness, road blockages) when you are in the mountains. Or give you breathing space if you really like a place and want to spend an extra day there.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 17:30   #2440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
If your primary objective is Ladakh, you should look at maximising the number of days there and cut down the time taken to get there.

I feel you should drop Amritsar (too hot in May). You should also cut your time in Srinagar. You should then look at adding an extra day in Nubra Valley and consider doing the whole Nubra-Spangmik-Hanle-Tso Moriri circuit. This will also give you extra days to deal with contingencies (sickness, road blockages) when you are in the mountains. Or give you breathing space if you really like a place and want to spend an extra day there.
Gulmarg/palgham would be included to Srinagar. Wifey is still undecided, thus I kept a "free" day.

I have two more days [my return date is displayed on the graphic as Thursday], which I can stretch till Saturday.

Sunday is unquestionably a day of relaxation.

Amritsar may be eliminated, and I will surely try towards convincing the family for thecircuit.
Old 10th April 2023, 16:49   #2441
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2436927
CO-INCIDENCE! We are also starting exactly on 29-April, 14 hours later - 6 PM. Due to the heat, we will be riding at night from Sasaram till Amritsar and then switch to morning rides. Same plan in the return, to switch to night rides from Agra onwards.

We will be riding. Two bikes, and our wives as pillion. May be we will meet - Please do lookout for two Honda Highnesses - WB24 and WB26 number plates

Our plan is also to stay at Amritsar for a day as it will both serve as a rest after 2K of riding and cover the Golden Temple and Atari border (Evening).

I do agree to maximize the driving/riding on the plains to make more time for the actual Leh and around areas.

Leh, Ladakh and Zanskar - The Ultimate Guide-route.png

Regards,
Saurab Chatterjee

Last edited by Exhaust_Note : 10th April 2023 at 16:55. Reason: Adding route plan
Old 10th April 2023, 17:36   #2442
BHPian

Is the Srinagar-Leh highway open? They are opening intermittently it seems.

I will be reaching Sonmarg by 21st Apr. The Hotel staff in Leh and Sonmarg are quite confident that the highway will open by 15 Apr.
Old 10th April 2023, 17:58   #2443
BHPian

Quote:
Day 5 Amritsar - Srinagar: Doable. But the 10 hr driving time you proposed might not suffice. Once you cross Jammu, the traffic situation can be tricky. Also, you will be driving though some of the beautiful roads and landscape well past sunset. I did this mistake so I'd suggest that you break earlier (Udhampur/Patnitop/Anantmarg) on that day instead. I see that you have ample days planned for Srinagar anyway. So it might make sense to adjust there.

Day 8 Srinagar - Kargil: I suggest that you break your day at Drass. I'm sure that you are planning to visit the war memorial. The Kargil War memorial is in Drass. So if you drive till Kargil on Day 8 and the plan is to visit the memorial next day, you will have to drive back to Drass to complete that pitstop. Also, Zoji La is unpredictable. If you plan to complete the sight seeing in Sonamarg and Zero Point on your way to Kargil, you will be reaching the Kargil town quite late.

Day 15 Tso Morriri - Sissu: May be, you could stop for the night at Jispa. I guess you'll find lot more options to stay at Jispa than at Sissu.

Day 16 Sissu - Rohtak: This will be a stretch too. It will take forever to cross Manali - Kullu and reach Roopnagar. Before that its mostly slow traffic. Also, any specific reason for planning to stop at Rohtak and not take the new highway 132D all the way till Narnaul?

Overall, I think this is doable. But may be rework on your night halts in some of these days just so that you don't burn out yourself. I see that you have ample amount of days available for the trip, so even with the rework, you will still be able to manage the trip within the planned duration. All the best.

Drive Safe,
R-Six
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 09:12   #2444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
Is the Srinagar-Leh highway open? They are opening intermittently it seems.

I will be reaching Sonmarg by 21st Apr. The Hotel staff in Leh and Sonmarg are quite confident that the highway will open by 15 Apr.
You can check for update on route status here.

https://www.facebook.com/HighwayUpdates
thirugata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 11:18   #2445
BHPian

Dear Esteemed members,

I would need your suggestion on the below itinerary planned.
Your valuable inputs are highly appreciated.

We are a group of 4 friends and would be doing this circuit on XPulse 4v.

Is Kishtwar-Killar-Keylong doable in a single day? Or does it makes sense to stay over at Killar and cover Sach pass the next day and reach Keylong.
Im reading contradictory info about the cliffhanger route between Kishtawar and Killar. Is it open for motorists?

Do we have options to stay at Hanle? If yes, then i would prefer to do Spangmik - Hanle (Stayover)
Next day Hanle to Tso-Moriri. What are the stay options at Tso-Moriri?

and following day Tso-Moriri to Jispa. Can we do this stretch in a day?

Regards,
Anand

Leh, Ladakh and Zanskar - The Ultimate Guide-capture.jpg

Most Viewed