Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 22:06   #241
BHPian

Re: Information on Coorg route

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I saw a policeman at the junction and he was least interested in directing me to either Sunticoppa or Somwarpet. No idea on why the road had closed. I asked one policeman why the road had closed and he replied "Road close aagide saar" (road is closed saar). That's it, no reason whatsoever.
Lucky you! Anyway, no regrets, as I had the opportunity to explore another route because of him! By the way, how long did it take you to reach Bangalore? Did you take the Mysore-Bangalore SH or the NH209?
Old 2nd August 2013, 21:21   #242
BHPian

Folks, please take note of this update re SH 88. Affects only heavy motor traffic I guess : crack on the Sampaje Ghat road, near Koynad : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/21537266.cms
Old 3rd August 2013, 19:54   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Approximately what time did you pass through this road? The Madapura-Sunticoppa diversion was just ahead of the fork where the barricade was put up. You could have taken a right turn there. I contemplated taking the Shanivarsante-Arkalgudu-Channarayapatna road to Bangalore, but I knew the conditions on the road and my friend who was in his Vento would not go there. So we had to take the regular route via Mysore.

I left Madikeri at around 4 pm I think
What time did you reach Bangalore? Also did you take SH17 or NH209? I am planning to go to Madikeri for the August 15th long weekend and all the reports of roads closed because of rain induces cracks in Coorg district are making me rethink! Any advice from the good folk on this thread will be welcome
Old 3rd August 2013, 22:50   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercharlie View Post
I am planning to go to Madikeri for the August 15th long weekend and all the reports of roads closed because of rain induces cracks in Coorg district are making me rethink! Any advice from the good folk on this thread will be welcome
I think you should be fine. You can take the regular route without any issues. We were redirected because of some road blocks between Suntikoppa and Madikeri which is the last strecth of the leg(30kms). Even then, the diversion was also good enough.

SH17 is fine if you are travelling during non-peak hours. Otherwise, you can take the NH209. Also, stick to the NH if you are traveling back on Sunday evening.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 15:00   #245

We are planning to go to a resort in Kakkabe this weekend. Which Route is better now. Any latest updates on the re routing/blocks?
Old 9th August 2013, 23:14   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playitsafe View Post
We are planning to go to a resort in Kakkabe this weekend. Which Route is better now. Any latest updates on the re routing/blocks?
Still, the one via Madikeri is the best to go with. You will find Siddapura route to be shorter, but the Periyapatna-Siddapura section is not in good shape. Regarding the blocks, the best people to ask would be your resort folks who should give you the current status.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 10:51   #247

Thank you. We took the route via Madikkeri and we had a pleasent drive.
Old 13th August 2013, 12:27   #248
BHPian

Quote:
So no blocks on this route now huh?
Old 14th August 2013, 06:59   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
An update on SH88 road conditions. The stretch between Madikeri and Suntikoppa was blocked and traffic was being diverted via Madapur when I was returning from Madikeri yesterday. Not sure of the reason, could have been mudslides because when I travelled towards Madikeri on Friday morning there were one stretch where there was a landslide and earth moving equipment had just cleared half of the road.

Weather is lovely in Madikeri if you're on a trip to just relax. Rains off and on, but not too heavy. Hills covered in mist all day long. Abbi falls looks majestic since there's plenty of water.
Quote:
Going to Madikeri tomorrow for the long weekend. Was the Madapur diversion still there? How long did it take you to cover the Mysore to Madikeri stretch? Thanks in advance.
Old 14th August 2013, 08:58   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
So no blocks on this route now huh?
No. There are barricades kept at Sonikuppa after Kushal Nagar, but still they will allow cars. There is small bridge which is damaged on the way .This has one way traffic. This is in the last 30 kms
Playitsafe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 17:52   #251
BHPian

Drove from Bangalore to Madekeri this morning. Took 6 hours and 15 mins via SH17, and two short breaks. SH17 was quite busy with long weekend traffic. Wish had taken NH209, the humps on SH 17 seem to have grown taller and multiplied! Had to keep an eye on the rear view mirror to make sure the vehicle behind me was slowing down too.

The diversion at Sunticoppa was there. About 6km of potholed road in the diversion, but not as bad as I expected.

The weather here is great, rain and mist all over!
rogercharlie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 15:22   #252
BHPian

Drove from Bangalore to Madekeri this morning. Took 6 hours and 15 mins via SH17, and two short breaks. SH17 was quite busy with long weekend traffic. Wish had taken NH209, the humps on SH 17 seem to have grown taller and multiplied! Had to keep an eye on the rear view mirror to make sure the vehicle behind me was slowing down too.

The diversion at Sunticoppa was there. About 6km of potholed road in the diversion, but not as bad as I expected.

The weather here is great, rain and mist all over!
rogercharlie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 16:45   #253
BHPian

Returned yesterday from Madikeri. Reached the Sunticoppa diversion at 8AM. No one was manning the barricades and went through. A little ahead saw that one side of the road has caved in (about 50 meters) so only one lane is available. There was hardly any traffic so there was no problem. The rest of the Madikeri to Mysore road was super as usual.
Old 2nd September 2013, 02:48   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello folks,
Need a bit of help for the coming long weekend. The plan is to take a overnight bus (from Pune) to Bangalore, and then tag along with my friends to Coorg (Kushalnagar). Now the plan was to get down at Nelamangala bypass, where my friends would pick me up and we head directly to Coorg.

Gmaps suggests me the following routes
1. Nelamangala - NH48 - Channarayapattana - Holenarasipura - Kushalnagar
2. Nelamangala/Bangalore - NH17 - Ramanagaram - Hunsur - Kushalnagar
3. Nelamangala/Bangalore - NH209 - Mysore - Hunsur - Kushalnagar

Any reasons I shouldn't opt for the first route via NH48? Asking as I don't see that route being mentioned in this thread.
Old 11th January 2014, 12:58   #255
BHPian

Gentlemen,
We (3 friends and me) are planning to go to Ponnampet to attend the marriage of our colleague. We will be leaving Bangalore on 18-Jan at about 3 PM. Vehicle is Etios sedan. Please suggest which route to take: - (considering vehicle is sedan, the time we are leaving Bangalore)

Option 1:
Bangalore - Mysore - Husur - Gonnikoppal - Ponnampet

Option 2:
Bangalore - Mysore - Husur - Periyapatna - Gonnikoppal - Ponnampet (to avoid the Hunsur - Anechowkur stretch)

Option 3:
Bangalore - Mysore - Husur - Periyapatna - Siddapura - Gonikoppal - Ponnampet

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Samish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks