Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2013, 16:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Raipur / Bhilai to Goa : Road info and other queries

Thanks to Ranjit, Ampere, Shabbir and Erlebrito.

From the feedback provided by all I now have three possible routes :
Route 1 : Bhilai- Nagpur- Amravati-Karanja-Mehkar-Jalna-Aurangabad-Ahmednagar-Pune-Kolhapur-Panjim.
The distance would be 1413KM approx. and estimated time taken 23hrs. approx.

Route 2 : Bhilai-Nagpur ORR-Hyderabad-Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Bagalkote-Belgaum-Panjim.
The distance in this route would be 1425KM and the estimated time required 23hrs. approx.

Route 3 : Bhilai-Nagpur ORR-Hyderabad-Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Gangawati-Hubli-Yellapur-Karwar-Panjim.
The distance in this route would be 1532KM and the estimated time required 24hrs. approx.

I think I should go via route 1 with halt at Aurangabad and a visit to the Shirdi temple. I cannot resist the temptation of visiting Shirdi and that is the main reason for taking this route. The return journey would be via route 2 with a halt at Hyderabad.

I would request the distinguished members for their comments on the route.
Old 27th June 2013, 14:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Thanks to Ranjit, Ampere, Shabbir and Erlebrito.

From the feedback provided by all I now have three possible routes :
Route 1 : Bhilai- Nagpur- Amravati-Karanja-Mehkar-Jalna-Aurangabad-Ahmednagar-Pune-Kolhapur-Panjim.
The distance would be 1413KM approx. and estimated time taken 23hrs. approx.

Route 2 : Bhilai-Nagpur ORR-Hyderabad-Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Bagalkote-Belgaum-Panjim.
The distance in this route would be 1425KM and the estimated time required 23hrs. approx.

Route 3 : Bhilai-Nagpur ORR-Hyderabad-Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Gangawati-Hubli-Yellapur-Karwar-Panjim.
The distance in this route would be 1532KM and the estimated time required 24hrs. approx.

I think I should go via route 1 with halt at Aurangabad and a visit to the Shirdi temple. I cannot resist the temptation of visiting Shirdi and that is the main reason for taking this route. The return journey would be via route 2 with a halt at Hyderabad.

I think its a brilliant idea because you get to see two different routes and you will be able to post your take on the routes after the monsoon period, giving us an idea of how the roads have held up. I would also not really look at option 3 because the roads are not too great!

Enjoy your drive and if you need more inputs on Goa, do ask!

Regards

Erle Brito
Old 27th June 2013, 15:25   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
- Good option. Third option can be used if you are at south Goa.
- Also note Belgaum-Panjim is via Chorla ghat. Very nice road.
Old 29th June 2013, 13:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlebrito View Post
I think its a brilliant idea because you get to see two different routes and you will be able to post your take on the routes after the monsoon period, giving us an idea of how the roads have held up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
- Also note Belgaum-Panjim is via Chorla ghat. Very nice road.
Thanks for your approval of the route.
Now I have this itinerary in place :

Day 1 : Bhilai-Nagpur-Aurangabad 735KM 11 hours.
Day 2 : Aurangabad & Shirdi (Stay).
Day 3 : Aurangabad-Pune-Goa 680KM 12 hours.
Day 4-8 : Goa stay.
Day 9 : Goa-Raichur-Hyderabad 663KM 12-13 hours.
Day 10 : Hyderabad-Nagpur-Bhilai 762Km 11 hours.

The dates are not yet fixed but it should be in the later half of October.
Now I need information on hotels in Goa (both north and south Goa) and at Hyderabad (outskirts).
Old 29th June 2013, 13:32   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now I need information on hotels in Goa (both north and south Goa) and at Hyderabad (outskirts).

If you are looking for resorts to laze around, you will the more expensive and luxury ones in south Goa. They have private beaches. (Well no beaches are private as per Govt. These hotels make a very lean access to these hotels, where they own the property. So for all practical purposes, they are private!)

North Goa is mostly shacks. So depends on where you want to stay. Do check with others on the exact places. This is just a higher level assessment of what I have seen.
Old 4th September 2013, 11:32   #21

hi Sommos,

I am a travelling freak who likes to regularly go to Goa. I was doing this from Hyderabad previously, but 2 months back have shifted to Raipur. Pl get in touch so that we can discuss or plan a trip. my no is 7773012678
Old 7th July 2014, 13:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Sorry friends for reviving this thread after an year.

Last year this trip could not be done because of my leave being turned down during the Dushera holidays, but this year the trip is definitely on. Based on the suggestions/ advice of different members (RanjitP1, Ampere, Erlebrito and others) the route plan is as follows :-

Raipur / Bhilai to Goa : Road info and other queries-goa-route.jpg

Now I've a few observations on the above route :
a. The return journey via Hyderabad is almost decided and I hope there is no problem with the route with night stay at Hyderabad.

b. The onward journey through MH is done with the purpose of exploring that side of the country and specially to experience the Western Ghats. I've travelled on this route upto Aurangabad/Shirdi and hence some part of the route is known to me. I hope it would be possible to reach Pune by the end of day 1 by starting early in the morning.

Your views on the route, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by erlebrito View Post
I think its a brilliant idea because you get to see two different routes ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I would suggest that you do

Day 1: Bhilai/Raipur-Hyderabad or Raichur (a little over 12hrs at a comfortable pace)

Day 2:Hyderabad/Raichur-Goa (a little over 12hrs drive,Hyd-Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Gangawati-Koppal-Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Karwar-Madgaon-Panjim)
Old 7th July 2014, 15:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Last year this trip could not be done because of my leave being turned down during the Dushera holidays, but this year the trip is definitely on. Based on the suggestions/ advice of different members (RanjitP1, Ampere, Erlebrito and others) the route plan is as follows :-

Attachment 1258393

Now I've a few observations on the above route :
a. The return journey via Hyderabad is almost decided and I hope there is no problem with the route with night stay at Hyderabad.

b. The onward journey through MH is done with the purpose of exploring that side of the country and specially to experience the Western Ghats. I've travelled on this route upto Aurangabad/Shirdi and hence some part of the route is known to me. I hope it would be possible to reach Pune by the end of day 1 by starting early in the morning.

Budget for 12-13hr drive between Nagpur and Pune.So Bhilai to Pune is going to take you around 17hrs at the minimum,else break at Aurangabad on day 1.Rest of the drive looks good.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 16:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Budget for 12-13hr drive between Nagpur and Pune.So Bhilai to Pune is going to take you around 17hrs at the minimum,else break at Aurangabad on day 1.Rest of the drive looks good.
Thanks Ranjit for your prompt response.

I think I'll have to cross through the city of Pune and there is no way to avoid driving through the city. In case I stay at Pune I can probably avoid the crowd by making a start at 7/8 in the morning, but from Aurangabad a start at 7 or 8 AM means I'll be crossing Pune at the peak office hours. I want to avoid this.

As you rightly said I'm expecting around 17 hours to Pune and that can be done by starting midnight (if required) and being around Amravati by day-break. The road from Bhilai to Amravati is all four-laned and there is no threat for driving during the night. Also the next day would be pretty easy at 450KM total distance.
Old 7th July 2014, 18:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ranjit for your prompt response.

I think I'll have to cross through the city of Pune and there is no way to avoid driving through the city. In case I stay .

If you are ok with driving long stretches then its fine,you could keep Aurangabad stopover as a backup plan in case fatigue sets in.

Pune Goa is a 10hr drive
Goa Hyd is a 12-13hr drive
Hyd Bhilai would be a 13-14hr drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 21:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1258393
Sommos,
Drove back from calcutta to Navi Mumbai few days back. I traveled on some of the sections you would be traveling so can comment on the road conditions. How long it would take to cover a stretch , depends on a no of factors.

Raipur to Nagpur : Good roads baring some broken patches here and there. I started from Raipur at around 10 p.m and reached Nagpur at 5 a.m. which includes a three hour nap at a petrol pump.

Nagpur to Amravati: Excellent Roads.

Amravati-Karanja-Mehkar-Jalna: Can't comment ,i took a different route.

Jalna to Aurangabad: Combination of Good and Bad roads.

Aurangabad to 'Nagar to Pune : Overall Good Roads ,few broken patches here and there.

I reached Pune at 3 a.m. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Ravi Yadav : 12th July 2014 at 21:03.
Ravi Yadav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 13:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Yadav View Post
Sommos,
Drove back from calcutta to Navi Mumbai few days back. I traveled on some of the sections you would be traveling so can comment on the road conditions. How long it would take to cover a stretch , depends on a no of factors.

Raipur to Nagpur : Good roads baring some broken patches here and there. I started from Raipur at around 10 p.m and reached Nagpur at 5 a.m. which includes a three hour nap at a petrol pump.

Nagpur to Amravati: Excellent Roads.

Amravati-Karanja-Mehkar-Jalna: Can't comment ,i took a different route.

Jalna to Aurangabad: Combination of Good and Bad roads.

Aurangabad to 'Nagar to Pune : Overall Good Roads ,few broken patches here and there.

I reached Pune at 3 a.m. Hope this helps.
Well Yadavji that makes 26 hours (excluding the 3 hour nap) from Raipur to Pune. May I ask Sir, why did it take so long since you say Raipur to Amravati is good / excellent roads, and Aurangabad to Pune is good roads. You must have travelled through Akola on NH 6 to Jalna, that is again good and Jalna to Aurangabad is not much distance.

Would you please share with all why did it take so long.
Old 15th July 2014, 08:41   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Well Yadavji that makes 26 hours (excluding the 3 hour nap) from Raipur to Pune. May I ask Sir, why did it take so long since you say Raipur to Amravati is good / excellent roads, and Aurangabad to Pune is good roads. You must have travelled through Akola on NH 6 to Jalna, that is again good and Jalna to Aurangabad is not much distance.

Would you please share with all why did it take so long.
Dear Summos, sorry for the typo error . It's not 3 a.m but 3 p.m. This also include a two hrs break for Breakfast/Chai/Cigratte and Lunch. You are right i too the Akola-Balapur-Chikhli-Jalna route.
Old 15th July 2014, 16:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Yadav View Post
Dear Summos, sorry for the typo error . It's not 3 a.m but 3 p.m. This also include a two hrs break for Breakfast/Chai/Cigratte and Lunch. You are right i too the Akola-Balapur-Chikhli-Jalna route.
Now that fits the bill, that also gives some confidence to me.
I calculated 17 hours approx. for Bhilai to Pune including all breaks.

Thanks.
Old 11th September 2014, 13:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, since the journey is to start on 28th. of this month, I would request for some more information :-

a. Suggestion for some decent hotel at Pune (on the route) is welcome, as I'll be travelling with my family I would prefer safe and comfortable ones.

b. Similar hotel in Ahmednagar as a backup option.

c. What route should I follow to pass through Pune city. Can I stay near Kharadi and continue through SH27 to Hadapsar-Pisoli and join the SH114 near Katraj. I have absolutely no idea about Pune and would really appreciate your help in this matter as I would like to avoid the monday morning traffic to the extent possible.

d. Similarly, suggestions of a decent hotel in Hyderabad near to the ORR is welcome.

e. Lastly, any news about the latest road condition after the monsoons would be immensely helpful.

Thanks, in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subirdas View Post
Many thanks Sommos. Please feel free to contact me for anything that you may need in/around Pune.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks