Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 18:30   #151
BHPian

12 months to complete 16 KMs? !! :(
Looks like we are still in the 18th century!
Old 1st March 2009, 12:07   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
12 months to complete 16 KMs? !! :(
Looks like we are still in the 18th century!
@Swift, Its not just a maintenance, but a complete re-build. As per some earlier news, there would be additional 76 culverts to be constructed.

Any way, the recent HC direction on this give some hope on an early completion-> HC warning on 'Bangalore warming'-Bangalore-Cities-The Times of India

read the last paragraph..
Old 9th March 2009, 09:57   #153
BHPian

At last some good news (Makkutta road) I stay in Iritty and once this road is ready, my drive will be reduced to 5 hours from 8 hours I spent to reach iritty now. Even my city would appreciate that.
Old 12th March 2009, 16:13   #154
BHPian

Road condition

Last week some of the truck drivers told me that repairing work has been started,its gonna take 3 months it seems.
Old 18th March 2009, 17:50   #155
BHPian

Road work is on

Well, work is in full swing. But it is going to take another 3 months at least to complete. I wonder, why?. But some respite--work has started for sure.
Old 18th March 2009, 18:16   #156
Senior - BHPian

after that this will be shortest route into Kannur than taking the other routes.
Old 18th March 2009, 22:16   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princenoble View Post
Well, work is in full swing. But it is going to take another 3 months at least to complete. I wonder, why?. But some respite--work has started for sure.
3 Months...no way..It will surely take 1year atleast. 76 new culvert and 3 new small bridge are coming up.

See the news came in Decan Herald -> Deccan Herald - 10-month deadline to complete Makutta road

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 25th March 2009, 15:20   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
3 Months...no way..It will surely take 1year atleast. 76 new culvert and 3 new small bridge are coming up.

See the news came in Decan Herald -> Deccan Herald - 10-month deadline to complete Makutta road

Thanks
Rajesh
It might be faster than that due to the bond the contractor has signed and the rains, the contractor has only 10 months in total to complete,read below:

Quote:
contractor has signed a bond in High Court that the work will be completed within 10 months, the work on road construction is in full swing.

Kodagu gets rain from June. As a result, the contactor can not carry on the work till September owing to monsoon. As a result, the road work is in full swing now.
Old 25th March 2009, 18:02   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
It might be faster than that due to the bond the contractor has signed and the rains, the contractor has only 10 months in total to complete,read below:
I'm sure for the condition the road is in currently, 10 months may not be enough!
Old 31st March 2009, 13:41   #160
BHPian

what is the route from madikeri to kuke. is it via sulya or is there a shorter route.
what is the distance between them.
Old 8th April 2009, 09:58   #161

Hello Guys,
I took a risk of travelling through Virajpet route, though it was not planned I just thought I will check what our men at work are doing. To my surprise they have till now done tremendous progress, they have laid a layer of mud before they do the tar layer. If the rain doesn't disrupt I guess they will be able to complete most part of the 20 Km Stretch in another 2 months. I was able to drive thorugh from Payyannur> Taliparamba>Irrity>Kootupuzha>Virajpet>Hunsur>Myso re stretch in 4.5 Hrs. I guess once completed we can travel this stretch in like 4 Hrs and another 2.5 hrs for Bangalore folks
Old 8th April 2009, 10:36   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayantc View Post
Hello Guys,
I took a risk of travelling through Virajpet route, though it was not planned I just thought I will check what our men at work are doing. To my surprise they have till now done tremendous progress, they have laid a layer of mud before they do the tar layer. If the rain doesn't disrupt I guess they will be able to complete most part of the 20 Km Stretch in another 2 months. I was able to drive thorugh from Payyannur> Taliparamba>Irrity>Kootupuzha>Virajpet>Hunsur>Myso re stretch in 4.5 Hrs. I guess once completed we can travel this stretch in like 4 Hrs and another 2.5 hrs for Bangalore folks
Thanks for the current update, what car did you make the trip in ?
Old 8th April 2009, 19:30   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,
Exactly how long did you take to cover the 16.5 kms distance?
Last year I took 4 hours to cover the 16.5km stretch in my Santro.
It would've made more sense have just walked the whole stretch.
Old 9th April 2009, 11:58   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,
I took a risk of travelling through Virajpet route, though it was not planned I just thought I will check what our men at work are doing.
---------------------
I guess once completed we can travel this stretch in like 4 Hrs and another 2.5 hrs for Bangalore folks
Does this mean the road is already motorable and vehicles started plying? Is there any other bad strech on this route..?
Old 9th April 2009, 20:46   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
Does this mean the road is already motorable and vehicles started plying? Is there any other bad strech on this route..?
Will be going to Kannur next week.
Will take this route and give an update.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks