Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2020, 19:10   #2011
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Kannur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
Is Bavali checkpost allowing private vehicles into Kerala towards Kattikulam? Or, is it only towards Karnataka?
No, entry to Kerala for private vehicles is only through Muthanga cp.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 22:30   #2012
BHPian

Hi All,

Just overheard that Gonikopplal-Makuta- Iritty route is open for travelers from Bangalore. Request a confirmation please.

Also, if this route is open any information on where the medical checkup/ pass checking/ swab checking is happening will be appreciated.

Thanks
Aravind
Aravindpn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 22:37   #2013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravindpn View Post
Hi All,
Just overheard that Gonikopplal-Makuta- Iritty route is open for travelers from Bangalore. Request a confirmation please.

Also, if this route is open any information on where the medical checkup/ pass checking/ swab checking is happening will be appreciated.
Yes it is open. As of 25-Aug, the entry was permitted only till 6pm. Medicals will be done at Kiliyanthara check post (2 Km from Koottupuzha).
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 13:00   #2014
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it is open. As of 25-Aug, the entry was permitted only till 6pm. Medicals will be done at Kiliyanthara check post (2 Km from Koottupuzha).
Is this route still open and is the swab checking still being done mandatorily? I'm planning to drive down with my pregnant wife, perhaps next week.
Old 5th September 2020, 16:37   #2015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulDrive View Post
Is this route still open and is the swab checking still being done mandatorily? I'm planning to drive down with my pregnant wife, perhaps next week.
Yes, open. Timings 7am to 6pm as of now. Swab test will be done for one person and temp check for all.
Old 8th December 2020, 09:32   #2016
BHPian

Is swab test or temperature check happening in this route now? planning to travel down to Kannur for <8 days trip.
Old 8th December 2020, 10:05   #2017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajblr View Post
Is swab test or temperature check happening in this route now? planning to travel down to Kannur for <8 days trip.
Yes and No.

Sometimes they do it and sometimes they do not (as per last weeks updates from people who traveled). It is not officially completely taken off. So depends on the day and time you pass.

For sure, no testing post 6pm.
Old 10th December 2020, 12:16   #2018
UMe
BHPian

Hi BHPians,
These days my usual route via NH75 is Nelamangala Town> Kunigal> Bellur Cross> Nagamangala> Srirangapatna and then join usual route onto mysore road.
Has anyone travelled further straight onto Bellur Cross towards Channarayapattana> Piriyapatna. This route takes you to Anechoukoor Check Post and toward elephant camp road.

Has any one taken this route & how is the road condition? This route is also as first preference on google map!
Old 10th December 2020, 13:22   #2019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMe View Post
Hi BHPians,
These days my usual route via NH75 is Nelamangala Town> Kunigal> Bellur Cross> Nagamangala> Srirangapatna and then join usual route onto mysore road.
Has anyone travelled further straight onto Bellur Cross towards Channarayapattana> Piriyapatna. This route takes you to Anechoukoor Check Post and toward elephant camp road.

Has any one taken this route & how is the road condition? This route is also as first preference on google map!
People known to me have taken this route several times, although I have never tried. As per them, roads are pretty good throughout except that there are too many humps.
The route would be Anechowkoor- Periyapatna- Bettadapura - Ramanathapura - Arakalgud- Holenarsipura - Channarayapattana.
Old 13th December 2020, 21:19   #2020
BHPian

Anyone knows how good is Kanhangad - Bhagamandala stretch these days ?
Old 14th December 2020, 23:07   #2021
UMe
BHPian

Finally much needed asphalting work is beginning on the Hunsur Road

https://www.facebook.com/14085857760...5134159746924/
Old 21st February 2021, 10:14   #2022
Senior - BHPian

Saw in another group:
KA health officials have informed that effective Monday 22nd February, all travelers crossing into Karnataka via Makootta check post between Kannur and Kodagu need to mandatorily carry RT-PCR negative report. Checking will be done at Makkutta check post. This also applies to bus passengers including drivers and staff.
sandsun7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 22:09   #2023
Senior - BHPian

Traveled today and there was strict checking for test result. It was at about 5:30am and still the checking was there. Even trucks were not spared. I have carried the test result. Not sure how long this is going to continue.
Old 1st March 2021, 09:35   #2024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Traveled today and there was strict checking for test result. It was at about 5:30am and still the checking was there. Even trucks were not spared. I have carried the test result. Not sure how long this is going to continue.
My brother-in-Law and sister crossed the check post today (Monday) at around the same time you did. He said it took just 2-3 minutes for the process as they were carrying the reports.
However, no passage if you do not have the report that too RT-PCR, not antigen test and they seem to be very strict about that.
Old 22nd March 2021, 10:12   #2025

Hello Friends, Any idea Karnataka border checking allows people with Covid Vaccination certificate in place of RT PCR?? Thanks.

Most Viewed