Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2008, 03:11   #76
BHPian

Last day I took this road to Kannur ( Bangalore - Srirangapatna - Hunsur - Nagarhole - Kutta - Thopetty - Manathawadi ). The roads are narrow and lots of road humps.It took 280KM and 6hrs for me to reach mananthawadi from banglore. We could see many Wildlifes in the national park, thats the only advantage by taking this route.

Who ever taking this route, remember to take the right turn at HD kotte in front of the taluka court and the sharp U turn at kutta taxi stand.
Old 6th May 2008, 13:04   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Last day I took this road to Kannur ( Bangalore - Srirangapatna - Hunsur - Nagarhole - Kutta - Thopetty - Manathawadi ). The roads are narrow and lots of road humps.It took 280KM and 6hrs for me to reach mananthawadi from banglore. We could see many Wildlifes in the national park, thats the only advantage by taking this route.

Who ever taking this route, remember to take the right turn at HD kotte in front of the taluka court and the sharp U turn at kutta taxi stand.
how are the roads after kutta till mananthavadi?
Old 13th May 2008, 03:58   #78
BHPian

Roads are very good after entering Kerala border
Old 19th May 2008, 09:55   #79
BHPian

Bangalore-Manathavadi-Koothuparamba Update Required

I need to hit Koothuparamba on Saturday for a Betrothal function. Planning to take the Bangalore-Manthavadi route, though it's a little longer one compared to Kabini-Kattikulam route.

Would like to get some updates on the following:

1. Bangalore-Mysore-S. Battery-Manathavadi Route: Road conditions (I've taken this route few times, but not recently)
2. How far is Koothuparamba from Mananthavadi (this is unknown territory for me)
3. Mananthavadi-Koothuparamaba road conditions and directions

Thanks
Rex
Old 19th May 2008, 11:48   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post

1. Bangalore-Mysore-S. Battery-Manathavadi Route: Road conditions (I've taken this route few times, but not recently)
Just got back from Wayanad yesterday - the above stretch is in pretty good shape, except for a couple of marginally rough stretches - nothing really. The road through the forest - both sides of the border - is heavenly.
Old 20th May 2008, 00:25   #81
BHPian

Quote:
2. How far is Koothuparamba from Mananthavadi (this is unknown territory for me)

Thanks
Rex
1. Roads are very good except few pathholes after Gundalpet and before Muthanga.
2. Around 80km.
3. S.Battery - Beenachi - Panamaram - Manathavadi - Nedumpoyil - Koothuparamba. Once you are in manathavadi, ask for nedumpoyil road, and once in Nedumpoyil take the left turn to koothuparamba. The roads good and scenic.
Old 20th May 2008, 07:21   #82
Senior - BHPian

I once travelled from mysore to kannur via bus, no idea about the route , but the greenery was as stunning as much as the road was bad . A few pics
Name:  IMG_0943.jpg
Views: 1859
Size:  100.0 KB

Yes, thats what the road looked like

this was a year ago though

Bangalore - Kannur : Route Queries-img_0930.jpg
Bangalore - Kannur : Route Queries-img_0914.jpg
Bangalore - Kannur : Route Queries-img_0925.jpg

Last edited by greenhorn : 20th May 2008 at 07:37.
Old 20th May 2008, 07:31   #83
Senior - BHPian

some more pics
We stopped at a bridge over this brook to take a leak
Bangalore - Kannur : Route Queries-img_0947.jpg

Check out how high the trees are
Bangalore - Kannur : Route Queries-img_0927.jpg
Bangalore - Kannur : Route Queries-img_0934.jpg

Last edited by greenhorn : 20th May 2008 at 07:40.
Old 21st May 2008, 14:32   #84
BHPian

Quote:
I need to hit Koothuparamba on Saturday for a Betrothal function. Planning to take the Bangalore-Manthavadi route, though it's a little longer one compared to Kabini-Kattikulam route.

Thanks
Rex
Any updates on the Kabini-Kattikulum Route? Are they doing some work there? Last time when I went, it has a hellish road for some 18kms! took 2 hrs in a M800.
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:10   #85
BHPian

Guys,
Any updates on the Bangalore - Kannur road conditions either of these routes. Need to go to Kannur on Monday.

bangalore- mysore - hunsur- nagarhole - kutta - tholpatty - kattikulam - manandvady - nedupoyil - kuthuparamba - kannur is around 356 km.

blr-mysore-nanjangud-gundulpet-sutan battery-meenangadi-mananthavady-koothuparamba-kannur
Old 26th May 2008, 21:55   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
Guys,

bangalore- mysore - hunsur- nagarhole - kutta - tholpatty - kattikulam - manandvady - nedupoyil - kuthuparamba - kannur is around 356 km.

blr-mysore-nanjangud-gundulpet-sutan battery-meenangadi-mananthavady-koothuparamba-kannur
Better to avoid taking the Nagarhole route, its too narrow and many roadhumps. You need to reach nagarhole before 5:30pm otherwise the gate will be closed

You can take the Gundalpet Route where road is very good and u can drive faster. from mananthawadi, try the Boys own - Ambayathode - Kottiyur - Mattanur - Kannur Road. This may be shorter than via Koothuparamaba. But the road is bit steep and drvie carefully
Old 26th May 2008, 22:56   #87

Bangalore- srirangapatna (12Kms before Mysore) - Nothing new Can do it in 2 Hours, watch out to take a right on the bypass on a leftward bend/ intersection.

Srirangapatna - Hunsur - 40 Kms - 30-45 minutes. Roads are excellent,, clean drive, watch out for dogs / cattle to dart the road

Hunsur - Nagarhole - ok roads, can do it in 1 hour maximum.

Inside the park, awesome scenery, we were lucky to spot a herd of 10 -12 elephants. narrow roads with frequent bumps, you should enjoy the drive through forest.

Reach kutta just outside nagarhole. take a sharp you turn at kutta taxi stand. 5 Kms of terrible roads and you reach kerala, once you are in wayanad, it is absolute bliss.

I would say for some one who loves driving, it will be a pleasure driving through wayanad, narrow serpentine roads, honk appropriately in bends. the driver is always occupied and hence the chances of accidents are lower.

Mananthavady is your first point to reach in wayanad. from there on proceed to kuttaparamba, 45 minutes drive from there you reach kannur.

Hunsur -
Old 27th May 2008, 10:50   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlymadhu View Post

Reach kutta just outside nagarhole. take a sharp you turn at kutta taxi stand. 5 Kms of terrible roads and you reach kerala, once you are in wayanad, it is absolute bliss.
How horrible is this, can a regular hatch do the 5 kms without scrapping the bottom?
Old 27th May 2008, 11:28   #89
BHPian

thanks for the info guys. Will keep you posted after the trip.

Rgds

Prithvi
Old 28th May 2008, 00:33   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
How horrible is this, can a regular hatch do the 5 kms without scrapping the bottom?
I have travelled in Santro earlier this month through this route. No issues, its a motorable road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks