Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2021, 13:29   #2026
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Kannur : Route Queries

Hi All,

Any information on whether we need to carry a hard copy of RT-PCR test results to the checkpoint (Kannur- Coorg) or a soft copy in mobile/ laptop is enough?

I prefer to carry a hard copy, but the reports will come only tonight and if a soft copy is enough I could start tomorrow early morning (3.30- 4 am) to BLR, else I can start only by 8-9 am after obtaining print outs.

Thanks
Aravind
Old 29th March 2021, 13:33   #2027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravindpn View Post
Any information on whether we need to carry a hard copy of RT-PCR test results to the checkpoint (Kannur- Coorg) or a soft copy in mobile/ laptop is enough?
Soft copy on a mobile is absolutely fine. I know of people who traveled in this route by showing soft copies. In some cases, even an SMS was considered to be enough.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 19:08   #2028
BHPian

Hi,

Planning to make a trip from Bangalore to Telicherry , as soon as the lockdown in both states get lifted. Would like to know whether the route through Gonikkopa - Virajpet- Iritti is still open ?
If not , what about Mysore-Handpost-Bavalli-Kattikulam -Mananthavady ?

Any latest update would be helpful !
Old 16th May 2021, 20:53   #2029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPVEN View Post
Hi,

Planning to make a trip from Bangalore to Telicherry , as soon as the lockdown in both states get lifted. Would like to know whether the route through Gonikkopa - Virajpet- Iritti is still open ?
If not , what about Mysore-Handpost-Bavalli-Kattikulam -Mananthavady ?

The Gonikoppal-Virajpet-Makutta-Iritty route is open 24x7 but do look out for specific state-wise requirements like negative RTPCR report etc when you do travel.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 18:04   #2030
BHPian

Hi All,

Today (May 25, 2021) I travelled from Bangalore to Kannur. Posting the experience assuming it may be of help to someone.

Had to attend medical emergency of a Sr citizen (non-covid), hence had to take up this travel. I had applied for a short visit in covid jagratha portal and instantaneously pass got issued. Although, it's very tough to get RTPCR done in BLR without Dr's prescription for travel, managed to get one done on May 24th through contacts from my office and got the reports on 24th late night.

Started today at 4.30 am alone, as thought roads were very deserted. In KA side, two times I was stopped (one after Ramanagar around 5.45 am and second time at checkpost of elephant training point after Hunsur (Anechowkur?). Both places they didnt asked for RTPCR, just e pass from the Covid Jagratha portal. After entering Kerala, at Kiliyanthara, again pass was verified and I think because it was short visit pass, no check of temperature or RTPCR were done. My destination was Azhikode, so KL police stopped me at Iritty, Mattanur and Varam. By seeing E pass no further questions were asked. All police men (both in KA and KL) were courteous.

No hotels/ eateries are available, so carry required food and refreshments. In KL, saw some shops open. In case RTPCR could not be done in BLR, still travel could be taken up and RTPCR can be done at Kiliyantara (as per some sources, cannot confirm)

Thanks
Aravind

Last edited by Aravindpn : 25th May 2021 at 18:09. Reason: spelling
Aravindpn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 12:43   #2031
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Planning to make a trip from Bangalore to Telicherry , as soon as the lockdown in both states get lifted.

The update below, was very helpful , and some of the clarifications I needed were answered.
Can somebody help in guiding me as to what kind of pass I should apply for , to travel from ;

Bangalore to Telicherry
Telicherry to Ernakulam
Ernakulam to Telicherry
Telicherry to Bangalore
Old 31st May 2021, 18:08   #2032
BHPian

Quote:
The update below, was very helpful , and some of the clarifications I needed were answered.
Can somebody help in guiding me as to what kind of pass I should apply for , to travel from ;

Bangalore to Telicherry
Telicherry to Ernakulam
Ernakulam to Telicherry
Telicherry to Bangalore
1. Bangalore to Telicherry

Kerala Covid Jagratha pass+ RTPCR (preferable to carry from BLR, if not possible can be taken at KL checkpost as required, but there may be quarantine restrictions till reports come).

2. Telicherry to Ernakulam

KL Police intercity pass+ affidavit regarding the purpose of travel (format can be downloaded via google search). Police intercity pass may take time (not sure about the process here). My personal view is with affidavit alone you will be able to travel for a genuine reason as from this week restrictions are eased.

3. Ernakulam to Telicherry

Same as 2.

4. Telicherry to Bangalore

RTPCR to show at KA check post after Iritty. Maybe affidavit as well if someone stops you in Telicherry- Iritty stretch.

Last edited by Aravindpn : 31st May 2021 at 18:09. Reason: spacing
Aravindpn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 18:27   #2033
BHPian

Quote:
1. Bangalore to Telicherry

Kerala Covid Jagratha pass+ RTPCR (preferable to carry from BLR, if not possible can be taken at KL checkpost as required, but there may be quarantine restrictions till reports come).

KL Police intercity pass+ affidavit regarding the purpose of travel (format can be downloaded via google search). Police intercity pass may take time (not sure about the process here). My personal view is with affidavit alone you will be able to travel for a genuine reason as from this week restrictions are eased.
Thanks for the update. However some queries on Jagratha Pass. WE are planning to stay a month in Telicherry and a week in Ekm

1. There are 2 passes ;SHORT VISIT and REGULAR VISIT ,but the drop down choices for "reason" is confusing.
Which pass should we ask for ?
2. Can we show the pass for Ekm and break journey at Telicherry ?

Last edited by Sheel : 31st May 2021 at 20:21.
Old 31st May 2021, 18:40   #2034
BHPian

Quote:

Oh, by the way, we were planning the trip ONLY after the lockdown is lifted.
Old 31st May 2021, 18:45   #2035
BHPian

1. There are 2 passes ;SHORT VISIT and REGULAR VISIT ,but the drop down choices for "reason" is confusing.
Which pass should we ask for ?

For a visit of 1+ month, I would select a domestic returnee

2. Can we show the pass for Ekm and break journey at Telicherry ?

I assume this question is about Jagratha Pass, hence answering accordingly. The pass is for single entry to KL. So the pass should be to the nearest location after entering KL. So in this case, it should be taken to Telicherry. For your travel from Telicherry to Ekm no need of Covid Jagratha Pass. Police pass and affidavit are required for intercity travel. Covid Jagratha pass is for entry from other states and countries.

Last edited by Aravindpn : 31st May 2021 at 18:47. Reason: spacing
Old 31st May 2021, 18:50   #2036
BHPian

Quote:
Oh, by the way, we were planning the trip ONLY after the lockdown is lifted.
The replies are based on the current process in place. Once lockdown is lifted, things can change like no police pass required, no affidavit etc.. just speculating. Cannot comment on it now. Please check/ follow 2-3 days prior to your travel
Aravindpn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 21:22   #2037
BHPian

Hello BHPians, Any latest information on entry to Kerala via Makkottam/Koottupuzha?
From other threads in the forum, I gather that either RTPCR negative or Final vaccination certificate is accepted, at least at Walayar.
Is it same at Koottupuzha too?

Also, is there any difficulty in driving down from Bangalore to Kannur on the weekend?, considering weekend restrictions at both states. Is Kerala travel pass sufficient for officers, if they stop and check en-route?

Thank you!
Old 3rd July 2021, 21:28   #2038
BHPian

Drove Bangalore Kuthuparamba today.

The health dept checkpoint is at Kiliyanthara, at the Excise checkpost. They asked only the Jagratha portal registration number. Did not ask RT-PCR test report or Vaccination certificate. Had to get down and go to the counter to give the registration number. Was done in a minute.

Prior to that, was stopped at Anechowkur checkpost. KA police/health has a checkpoint there.Had to get down and go to the counter. There were a few vehicles and was not sure whether to get down. As soon as I said that I am going to Kerala to a police man there, he asked me to proceed. Nothing else asked. Seems like they are screening entry into Coorg dist.

Road condition is pretty much same as 6 months before.
Mysore road work is still on, many diversions. No issues during day time, but night drive may be tricky.
A section of road between Mysore and Hunsur after the 4 lane ends is uneven, but patched up
Hunsur to Perumpadi is in good condition.
Ghat road is in good condition. But the places where new culverts are made is not finished. So, deep ditches between asphalt surface and concrete slab. Need to be dead slow to avoid bottoming out. I think there are 5 such spots.
Superb road from Koottupuzha to Kuthuparamba, Iritty new bridge is also open.
MSAneesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 21:32   #2039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
Did not ask RT-PCR test report or Vaccination certificate.
Did you carry RTPCR report? Or planning to do quarantine, or quarantine not required? Please let know if you get calls from any health dept regarding quarantine.
Old 3rd July 2021, 22:42   #2040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Did you carry RTPCR report? Or planning to do quarantine, or quarantine not required? Please let know if you get calls from any health dept regarding quarantine.
I did not have RTPCR negative report. Had full vaccination report as an alternative, but neither was asked from me. I did not tell them that I have vaccination certificate.

Was not asked to quarantine(even at the counter), nobody contacted yet. Will post here if any updates.
MSAneesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed