Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 21:32   #1
BHPian

Vellore to Tirupati, best route?

Hi guys,

I am planning a Tirupati Trip right now, the roads which we went through last year was pathetic, no hope, also the exit from Tirupati had an one way route where we nearly met with an accident with am Innova taxi, he ws rushing like a mad, did'nt wear seatbelts either and was rather going like a mad. So I am planning to use another route. Is there any other route from Vellore to Tirupati for the sake of escaping from the earlier route?

Thanks,

Achyuth
Old 31st July 2013, 22:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vellore to Tirupati, best route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
Hi guys,

I am planning a Tirupati Trip right now, the roads which we went through last year was pathetic, no hope, also the exit from Tirupati had an one way route where we nearly met with an accident with am Innova taxi, he ws rushing like a mad, did'nt wear seatbelts either and was rather going like a mad. So I am planning to use another route. Is there any other route from Vellore to Tirupati for the sake of escaping from the earlier route?

Thanks,

Achyuth
Vellore-Katpadi-Chittoor-Tirupati
ranjitp1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 09:04   #3
BHPian

Digging the old thread.

Yesterday I drove from Thiruvannamalai to Tirupathi via Vellore. Once I crossed TN border, 4/6 lane construction is going on and the current road was extremely bad with full of potholes and damages. Moreover there is lot of dust and 99% of the vehicles in the oncoming traffic did not switch to low beam even after multiple requests from my side (I dimmed 2 to 3 times for each vehicle). Trucks and buses were fitted with more than 1 pair of high beam lights. Because of that I could not see the road ahead of me and multiples crashed into potholes and speed breakers .

Could you guys please help me finding an alternate route without potholes (even if distance & time are more) to Tiruvannamalai.

Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd December 2019, 09:26   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
Digging the old thread.

Yesterday I drove from Thiruvannamalai to Tirupathi via Vellore. Once I crossed TN border, 4/6 lane construction is going on and the current road was extremely bad with full of potholes and damages. Moreover there is lot of dust and 99% of the vehicles in the oncoming traffic did not switch to low beam even after multiple requests from my side (I dimmed 2 to 3 times for each vehicle). Trucks and buses were fitted with more than 1 pair of high beam lights. Because of that I could not see the road ahead of me and multiples crashed into potholes and speed breakers .

Could you guys please help me finding an alternate route without potholes (even if distance & time are more) to Tiruvannamalai.

Thanks in advance.
Tirupati-Puttur-Karveti Nagar-Pallipattu-Sholinghur-Walajahpet-Vellore is good roads throughout.

Another option is, Tirupati-Puttur-Karveti Nagar-Pallipattu-GD Nellore-Ponnai-Thiruvalam-Vellore. Roads are not as good as option-1 but not too bad either. Some stretches are desolate with less vehicular movement.

Are you doing return journey in day or night time?
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 09:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Tirupati-Puttur-Karveti Nagar-Pallipattu-Sholinghur-Walajahpet-Vellore is good roads throughout.

Another option is, Tirupati-Puttur-Karveti Nagar-Pallipattu-GD Nellore-Ponnai-Thiruvalam-Vellore. Roads are not as good as option-1 but not too bad either. Some stretches are desolate with less vehicular movement.

Are you doing return journey in day or night time?
Thanks a lot for the detailed info mate.

I’ll start from Tirupathi apprx. at 4 pm
Old 9th December 2019, 09:04   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the detailed info mate.

I’ll start from Tirupathi apprx. at 4 pm
Hi, Which route did you eventually take? And what was the road conditions? Can you please update on this thread?
Old 9th December 2019, 11:06   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Hi, Which route did you eventually take? And what was the road conditions? Can you please update on this thread?
Hi, thanks a lot for your tipp. I did take Tirupathi-Puttur-Pallipattu-Sholinghur-Ranipet-Arani-Thiruvannamalai route. It was SH road but without any potholes and since I drove during night time there was no traffic in the villages/towns along the SH. I would recommend this route even if costs little more time compared to Chittor NH.
gopi_rm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 11:11   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, thanks a lot for your tipp. I did take Tirupathi-Puttur-Pallipattu-Sholinghur-Ranipet-Arani-Thiruvannamalai route. It was SH road but without any potholes and since I drove during night time there was no traffic in the villages/towns along the SH. I would recommend this route even if costs little more time compared to Chittor NH.
How much time did it take to cover this distance. we are planning vellore golden temple and tirupati from bangalore this weekend.
Old 10th December 2020, 21:55   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
How much time did it take to cover this distance. we are planning vellore golden temple and tirupati from bangalore this weekend.
Hi, I’m sorry it has been a year and I completely forgot the time taken in that route. But the route was much better than the NH where construction was going on.

Most Viewed