Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 23:16   #1
BHPian

Hyderabad - Thanjavur (via Bangalore-Trichy)

Team,

I am planning to drive to Thanjavur from Hyderabad during the Independence Day long weekend - route - Bangalore -> Trichy -> Thanjavur.

While Hyd-Bangy road condition is well known.

I need your help in getting the latest update on the road conditions between Bangalore-Trichy and Trichy-Thanjavur.

Also, good direction to pass thru' Bangalore to hit Trichy would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance.
JeetAman
Old 1st August 2013, 06:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaman View Post
Team,

I am planning to drive to Thanjavur from Hyderabad during the Independence Day long weekend - route - Bangalore -> Trichy -> Thanjavur.

While Hyd-Bangy road condition is well known.

I need your help in getting the latest update on the road conditions between Bangalore-Trichy and Trichy-Thanjavur.

Also, good direction to pass thru' Bangalore to hit Trichy would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance.
JeetAman
Blr trichy can be done in about 6-7hrs.nh7 till karur and then exit onto nh67 towards kulithalai trichy.however last 20odd kms are bad otherwise road is good.the other option is to take the namakkal musiri trichy road.if you can live with 20kms of bad road then stick to the standard nh7-nh67 combo.

Hyd blr can be done in 7hrs.blr bypass 1hr to reach attibele.attibele trichy in about 7hrs.overall a 15hr drive or maybe 16.I shall send you the maps later in the day as travelling nos
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 08:08   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad - Thanjavur (via Bangalore-Trichy)

Quote:
- Hyd-Bangalore : Drive only till Devanahalli. Follow NH207 all the way to Hosur. This would bypass Bangalore and also its associated tolls for NH7.

Now how to do it:
- You need to get into Devanahalli Town, look for NH207 or ask for road to Hoskote.
- At Hoskote follow the NH207 directions, cross the 4-lane NH4 and continue to Sarjapur.
- Again at Sarjpur, dont get into the village, continue on 207 towards Bagalur.
- At Bagalur, you would hit a T-junction. Take right here and this would lead you to Hosur.

Here are more details :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3174510

- Beyond Hosur, you need to endure some pains thanks for diversions till Krishnagiri.
- Beyond Krishnagiri: Drive past Salem till Namakkal.
- Here I differ from Ranjit. Dont drive till Karur. Get into Namakkal town, take the road to Thuraiyur.
- At Thuraiyur, take the road to Trichy. It would land you up on GST (Chennai-Trichy-Madurai Grand Southern Trunk road) (NH45) to the north of the city.
- Cross the river, exit out NH45 and take the 4-lane to Tanjore.

About timings :

- As Ranjit said 6-7 hours to Devanahalli
- 2 hours for another 90km to Hosur.
- 5 hours to Trichy
- 40 minutes to Tanjore

All this would be drive time. Add more breaks.

Last edited by ampere : 1st August 2013 at 08:10.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 08:52   #4
BHPian

Thank you AMP for all the details. Have a great day ahead.

Cheers
Jeet
Old 1st August 2013, 08:55   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Blr trichy can be done in about 6-7hrs.nh7 till karur and then exit onto nh67 towards kulithalai trichy.however last 20odd kms are bad otherwise road is good.the other option is to take the namakkal musiri trichy road.if you can live with 20kms of bad road then stick to the standard nh7-nh67 combo.

Hyd blr can be done in 7hrs.blr bypass 1hr to reach attibele.attibele trichy in about 7hrs.overall a 15hr drive or maybe 16.I shall send you the maps later in the day as travelling nos

Thank you Ranjit for the details on road conditions.
Old 1st August 2013, 10:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

There is similar information in the Hyd to Bangalore thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...thread-58.html
Old 1st August 2013, 16:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Ranjit for the details on road conditions.
Jeet,I would suggest that you follow Ampere's bypass route to land up directly at Hosur.Saves you some money in the form of Attibele toll as well.

From thereon keep on NH7 till Namakkal.From Namakkal getonto the Thuraiyur route and all the way to Thanjavur.Map attached below fyr

http://goo.gl/maps/oFqgD

Namakkal-Thathaiyangarpatty-Kannanur-Pagalavadi-Manachanallur-Trichy Bypass-Thanjavur Highway-Thanjavur.

You can target Sree Saravana Bhavan at Krishnagiri for lunch.I wouldnt reccomend wasting time at the A2B "REFUGEE CAMP" as its a virtual fight for food there everytime.Plenty of eating options enroute.

At Kurnool,too there is a new place open though not on the highway but a very good one.http://dvrmansion.com/

Directions to the hotel http://goo.gl/maps/l1trW
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 16:33   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Jeet,I would suggest that you follow Ampere's bypass route to land up directly at Hosur.Saves you some money in the form of Attibele toll as well.
The savings will be 25/- in cash on the toll and around 2/3 minutes for your turn to pay at the toll and maybe another 5/10 minutes that you will get stuck just after the toll at the checkpost.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 16:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
The savings will be 25/- in cash on the toll and around 2/3 minutes for your turn to pay at the toll and maybe another 5/10 minutes that you will get stuck just after the toll at the checkpost.
A couple of days back the local public smashed the right side and left side toll booths is what I heard.Not sure if things have returned back to normal though.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 16:23   #10
BHPian

Quote:
A couple of days back the local public smashed the right side and left side toll booths is what I heard.Not sure if things have returned back to normal though.
Thank you for the heads up. I will check with couple of friends in Bangalore.
Cheers
Old 3rd August 2013, 18:43   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
More than the money it can worse for the time spent. Many a times you end with huge queues at that toll. Bypassing for that aspect surely helps.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed