Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2013, 22:26   #1
BHPian

Hyderabad to Madikeri and Mudhumalai Forests

I live in Hyderabad and am planning to go on a vacation to the above areas. I've booked a couple of home-stays there and would like to visit these locations with family on my new Ecosport in the third week of August (Hope you read my ownership report - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ond-white.html).

I've read through several threads in this section and got some tidbits of disparate information, but a lot of questions have been left unanswered (because my requirements don't exactly match the other threads), so I thought it's worth starting a new thread, hoping I'll get some specific pointers. In return, I promise to give back to the community by publishing a detailed travelogue when I come back.

After leaving Hyderabad, I want to have an overnight pit-stop at Bangalore, before I reach my first destination, a home-stay near Virajpet. I will leave Hyderabad on a certain Saturday morning, put up in Bangalore on Saturday night and start off early Sunday morning. I know a direct run is doable, but I know it will leave me exhausted and I just don't want to risk it. I will also avoid any night driving at all costs.

So, here are my questions:
  1. Which is the best route to take to avoid getting stuck in Bangalore traffic? I know the traffic will be relatively low on Sat evening / Sunday morning, but I would rather not underestimate Bangalore. I know Electronic City won't work. I was planning to take Jalahalli -> Tumkur road -> NICE toll road -> Mysore road. Is there any better route?
  2. In the route you recommend me to take, can you recommend any clean, no-frills hotel to rest for the night?
  3. What's the best route to take from Bangalore to Virajpet? How's the road and how much time should I plan for this?

My next destination will be a place near Gudalur. What's the best route to take from Virajpet to Gudalur? How's the road and how much time should I plan for this?

After that, I'll spend a couple of days in a home-stay near the Singara checkpost in Mudhumalai Forest and from there, I need to return back to Bangalore. I want to spend the night in Bangalore and then head back to Hyderabad.
  • Which is the best route to get back to Bangalore from Mudhumalai forests? How's the road and how much time should I plan for this?
  • I want to stay in a hotel to spend the night on my return journey in Bangalore, preferably on the route I should ideally take to get back to Hyderabad. Which place do you recommend?
  • What route should I take to evade Bangalore traffic on my way back?

Last edited by saisrujan : 1st August 2013 at 22:34. Reason: Added more information.
Old 1st August 2013, 23:33   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad to Madikeri and Mudhumalai Forests

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
My next destination will be a place near Gudalur. What's the best route to take from Virajpet to Gudalur? How's the road and how much time should I plan for this?
Your answers :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3144872

Virajpet-Gudalur :

Virajpet-Hunsur-Mysore-Nanjangud-Bandipur-Gudalur.

But note that Hunsur to Coorg road was cut-off due to heavy rain.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 06:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I live in Hyderabad and am planning to go on a vacation to the above areas. I've booked a couple of home-stays there and would like to visit these locations with family on my new Ecosport in the third week of August (Hope you read my ownership report - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ond-white.html).

I've read through several threads in this section and got some tidbits of disparate information, but a lot of questions have been left unanswered (because my requirements don't exactly match the other threads), so I thought it's worth starting a new thread, hoping I'll get some specific pointers. In return, I promise to give back to the community by publishing a detailed travelogue when I come back.

After leaving Hyderabad, I want to have an overnight pit-stop at Bangalore, before I reach my first destination, a home-stay near Virajpet. I will leave Hyderabad on a certain Saturday morning, put up in Bangalore on Saturday night and start off early Sunday morning. I know a direct run is doable, but I know it will leave me exhausted and I just don't want to risk it. I will also avoid any night driving at all costs.

1. Which is the best route to take to avoid getting stuck in Bangalore traffic? I know the traffic will be relatively low on Sat evening / Sunday morning, but I would rather not underestimate Bangalore. I know Electronic City won't work. I was planning to take Jalahalli -> Tumkur road -> NICE toll road -> Mysore road. Is there any better route?
  2. In the route you recommend me to take, can you recommend any clean, no-frills hotel to rest for the night?
  3. What's the best route to take from Bangalore to Virajpet? How's the road and how much time should I plan for this?

After that, I'll spend a couple of days in a home-stay near the Singara checkpost in Mudhumalai Forest and from there, I need to return back to Bangalore. I want to spend the night in Bangalore and then head back to Hyderabad.
  • Which is the best route to get back to Bangalore from Mudhumalai forests? How's the road and how much time should I plan for this?
  • I want to stay in a hotel to spend the night on my return journey in Bangalore, preferably on the route I should ideally take to get back to Hyderabad. Which place do you recommend?
  • What route should I take to evade Bangalore traffic on my way back?
Hyd Airport-Blr airport at normal driving speeds is a 5.5hr drive.From there another 60mins to reach NICE Road junction.To get to NICE Road,this post has all the directions http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3145118

Instead of staying in Bangalore,I would suggest that you stay in Mysore.Because after all the bypass routes,its hardly a 2hr drive to Mysore.From Mysore next day morning you would be in the coorg region in 3hrs.If interested you can go see the lighted mysore palace at night as well.

From Virajpet to Gundlupet,follow Ampere's reccomended route.

I assume you are staying at The Wilds Northern at Singara.Pls check with them on parking arrangements as your vehicle I doubt would make it to the home stay.

Route to take to Singara CP,is Gudalur-Thepekadu-Masinagudi-Singara CP.Shouldnt take you more than 45mins.Drive slow,wild animal crossings are plenty.Peacocks especially.

Singara CP-Masinagudi-Bandipur-Gundlupet-Mysore-Kengeri-Bangalore.Dont take NICE road if you intend to stop at bangalore.instead drive straight into blr stay in any of the city hotels.There are zillions of them.Ginger at Domlur is good.

Mysore Hotels:Country Inn by Carlson
MB International
Mango Suites
Jade Garden
Pai Vista
Ginger Mysore
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:02   #4
BHPian

Quote:
After leaving Hyderabad, I want to have an overnight pit-stop at Bangalore, before I reach my first destination, I will leave Hyderabad on a certain Saturday morning, put up in Bangalore on Saturday night and start off early Sunday morning.

I was planning to take Jalahalli -> Tumkur road -> NICE toll road -> Mysore road. Is there any better route?[*]In the route you recommend me to take, can you recommend any clean, no-frills hotel to rest for the night?
IMHO, Hotel Holiday palms situated right on the suggested route that bypasses BLR city would be suitable for your planned stay in both the directions of your journey.
Address:
Holiday Palms
14th Mile, Nelamangala, Tumkur road,,
Near vijaya vittala temple, Nelamangala
Bangalore, KA
094 80 321889

Its a decent family friendly place with a very vast and safe parking area. I stayed there during my Ooty trip.
Cheers!
NH
Night_Hawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 18:21   #5
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 13th August 2013 at 12:42.
majumon is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks