Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2013, 21:06   #1

Delhi - Naldehra - Karyali Roadtrip

Hi All.

The hills of Himachal have been calling me for a while now. And at last, have been able to chalk out a weekend getaway this coming extended weekend from 9th to 11th Aug.

The location zeroed in is a beautiful cottage in Vill. Karyali ahead of Naldehra i.e. Naldehra > Basantpur > Nottikhad > Karyali. Its about 430 kms from Delhi.

The drive: My blue oval i.e. Ford Figo Diesel.
No. of people: 04

Though I have driven a WagonR till Naldehra a cpl of years back, but still feel excited at the mere thought of a roadtrip to that area.

Any valuable inputs by our members on the route, car checks etc. are most welcome.

The travelogue will follow as soon as I am back from the trip.
Old 6th August 2013, 09:44   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Delhi - Naldehra - Karyali Roadtrip

Watch out for rain and slides due to rains.

Shoot pictures and share.
Old 7th August 2013, 22:51   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreativebug View Post
Hi All.

The hills of Himachal have been calling me for a while now. Any valuable inputs by our members on the route, car checks etc. are most welcome..
Dalli is a pace after Kalka and before Pinjore famous for pickles (especially non vegetarian). 3-4 kilometres short of Dharampur (500 meters after the right turn for Kasauli) is the famous Giani Da Dhaba and opposite that is Hot Millions. There's Solan No. 1 at Solan for a photo op. I think there's one around Dharampur after Giani Da Dhaba as well.

Alternate routes and activities - From Kandaghat you can try Sadhoo pull, Chail, Kufri to Simla circuit if starting early (or do it on 10th). I have found Tattapani not too amicable in this weather (low height therefore warm and sulphur springs not very so you can evaluate Theog -Fagu leisurely drive as per time and pace. There's also the famous golf course if interested.
Old 8th August 2013, 11:26   #4

Re: Delhi - Naldehra - Karyali Roadtrip

Hi. Thanks for the inputs.

The plan so far is to leave Delhi and hit the NH 1 latest by 4 AM. Assuming there's no heavy rain to slow down, I hope to hit Dharampur by 8 AM max.

Intend to take a breakfast break there and take the route via Subathu - Shalaghat - Hami - Devidhar - Basantpur - Nottikhad - Kadhar - Karyali. This is the alternate more scenic country route suggested by the owners of the cottage where we are heading to .. and also will help avoid peak hour traffic congestion in Solan / Shimla.

Its been said that its a 4 - 4.5 hours climb to Karyali from Dharampur via this route. My only concern is heavy rains and possible blockages / landslides - which is the last thing I would want. Wonder if taking the usual Shimla - Dhalli - Mashobra route would be better.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers

Most Viewed