Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2017, 16:50   #31

Re: Hyderabad - Kolhapur - Ganpatipulle - Tarkali - Goa

Just wondering if I should do Srisailam - Gulbarga instead of Srisailam - Hyderabad and continue travel to kolhapur the next day?
I heard that the road from Srisailam to ORR gets closed in evening for the jungle section. Any details on the time of road closure?
Old 20th December 2017, 17:41   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binil View Post
Just wondering if I should do Srisailam - Gulbarga instead of Srisailam - Hyderabad and continue travel to kolhapur the next day?
I heard that the road from Srisailam to ORR gets closed in evening for the jungle section. Any details on the time of road closure?
I don't think Gulbarga has even one decent place to stay. But I am not sure. Better let Ranjit or someone answer.
The forest road is closed between 9pm and 6am.
Old 21st December 2017, 11:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binil View Post
Checkpost timings are 9pm close,6am open

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I don't think Gulbarga has even one decent place to stay. But I am not sure. Better let Ranjit or someone answer.
The forest road is closed between 9pm and 6am.
You are right,it's all lodges there

Atharva is the only one I would consider if I "had" to stay in Gulbarga.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 14:26   #34
BHPian

coming to the place Srisailam, has anyone done the safari there? Was anyone fortunate to see any tigers there?

Mods: Please move to relevant thread if this is not the right place to post this question.
Old 12th January 2018, 12:11   #35

Did our Hyderabad - Kolhapur journey on 27th December, from our hotel in Masabtank, we started at 5:50 AM and reached Kolhapur at 5:20 PM with 2 hours 10 minutes stop at Bijapur, a fuel stop and numerous short breaks to answer nature's calls, stretch a bit, to eat something etc. We didn't follow Google Maps and took some wrong turns and stopped at few places to ask for road directions. All together total break was of 3 hrs and driving time was around 8.5 hours.
We followed Masabtank - ORR - Expressway till Humnabad - Gulbarga Ring Road - Bijapur - Athani - Miraj - Sangli - Kolhapur. Road till Bijapur was very good, Bijapur to Athani had some bad patches and Athani to Kolhapur was just ok, narrower roads with lots of tractors and bullock carts full of sugarcanes made us slow down a lot.

We also did Kolhapur - Ganpatipule - Kolhapur on 1st Jan, 2018.
binil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 01:26   #36
BANNED

Hello All,

I am looking to do Hyderabad to Ganpatipule drive in Dec. I was looking for route. Google seem to suggest me vai

Sholapur -> Shangli -> Kolhapur (actually it's suggesting to bypass Kolhapur to go via Shangli, Ashta, Peth Vadgoan, Kodli, Panhala ) -> Malkapur -> Devrukh -> Hathkhanbha -> Ganpatipule

Below are my queries

* I am looking for overnight stay in Kolhapur. Do we have any recommended hotels that are clean and provide good breakfast in the morning?
* Any other place to break the journey in case the hotel is extra ordinary? ( I do want to split the journey to avoid rushing in day).
* I believe, I shouldn't take the bypass of Kolhapur as suggested by Google Maps?

Thanks in Advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks