Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2013, 18:26   #1
BHPian

Route suggestions from South Goa to Velankanni

Hi Guys,

My extended family is considering a roadtrip from South Goa to Velankanni, TN in the 3rd week of August.

I would like to know all route suggestions & current/recent road conditions.

Is it even a wise idea to drive down at this time of the year due to the monsoons?

Thanks for all the help

ChoosetoCruze
Old 8th August 2013, 16:47   #2
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Route suggestions from South Goa to Velankanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
My extended family is considering a roadtrip from South Goa to Velankanni, TN in the 3rd week of August.

I would like to know all route suggestions & current/recent road conditions.

Is it even a wise idea to drive down at this time of the year due to the monsoons?
For the route, it would be simplest to break it down to Goa-Bangalore and Bangalore-Velankanni.
For this you can take Goa-Karwar-Yellapur-Hubli-Bangalore (NH4 from Hubli) or Goa-Karwar-Honnavar-Sagar-Shimoga-Arsikere-Tumkur-Bangalore (NH206 for Sagar-Tumkur)
If you don't have plans to stay over in Bangalore you can easily bypass using NICE Road to get you from Tumkur Road (NH4) to Hosur Road (NH7) - end to end on NICE Road for this bypass.

Then, for Bangalore-Velankanni you can refer to this thread that has more current information - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ankanni-5.html
Not sure about monsoons in southeast parts this time of the year.

Last edited by NPV : 8th August 2013 at 17:00.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 17:45   #3
BHPian

Re: Route suggestions from South Goa to Velankanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
For the route, it would be simplest to break it down to Goa-Bangalore and Bangalore-Velankanni.
For this you can take Goa-Karwar-Yellapur-Hubli-Bangalore (NH4 from Hubli) or Goa-Karwar-Honnavar-Sagar-Shimoga-Arsikere-Tumkur-Bangalore (NH206 for Sagar-Tumkur)
If you don't have plans to stay over in Bangalore you can easily bypass using NICE Road to get you from Tumkur Road (NH4) to Hosur Road (NH7) - end to end on NICE Road for this bypass.

Then, for Bangalore-Velankanni you can refer to this thread that has more current information - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ankanni-5.html
Not sure about monsoons in southeast parts this time of the year.
Thanks for your reply NPV!

Yes, I too thought it might be a good idea to break the trip down to 2 days & stopover in Bangalore.

Thanks for the tip for Bangalore - Velankanni! Much appreciated.

Also, what if I join NH4 at Dharwad using NH4A from Goa? Would it make any difference? Although I guess taking NH17 until Karwar would be a lot more scenic. I'd like to get on NH4 as quickly as possible for obvious reasons of there being the safety of a road divider..

Also, just as a 'good to know', is it realistically possible to reach Velankanni on the same evening/night from Goa if the time of departure is around 4 or 5am?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks