Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2013, 09:37   #1
BANNED

AH1/NH2 - South of Agra to Gurgaon

I have to drive from Kanpur to Gurgaon. This query applies for all of us going to Gurgaon from South of Agra.

As per Google Maps I should follow AH1/NH2 and then take the Yamuna Expressway to one junction before the end. Get off the YE on SH22A and then rejoin AH1/NH2 finally getting off at the Gurgaon-Faridabad highway. Given our traffic conditions is this a referable route, or is there some other better way.
Old 5th September 2013, 10:28   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: AH1/NH2 - South of Agra to Gurgaon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have to drive from Kanpur to Gurgaon. This query applies for all of us going to Gurgaon from South of Agra.
Did not get the South of Agra Part, if you are driving from Kanpur.
Also if driving via NH2, how about Palwal-Sohna-Gurgaon option?
Though I agree Sohna can see quite some traffic blocks.
Old 5th September 2013, 10:36   #3
BANNED

Ampere - this is the exact route. NH2 is now renamed as AH1. On basically gets off the Ah1/NH2 in Faridabad Industrial Area.

South of Agra means all places like Kanpur, etc. which join the AH1/NH2 before Agra. Thus Kolkata, Allahabad, etc. will all be the same.
Old 5th September 2013, 10:40   #4
Team-BHP Support

Thanks. (I thought South of Agra town. Hence the confusion).

If driving via expressway, then you cant exit to take SH222 right. I was just wondering how we save in that case by taking the e-way.

Hence I was stating, if driving via NH2, then is Palwal/Sohna a good option.
Old 5th September 2013, 10:44   #5
BANNED

You get about 120km on the E'way, so must save at least 45 minutes to one hour. SH-22A is what Google flags.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th September 2013 at 14:13. Reason: Typo corrected as per request.
Old 11th October 2013, 16:41   #6
BANNED

Re: AH1/NH2 - South of Agra to Gurgaon

Did it yesterday. SH22A is a disaster - more tractorable than motorable. Also, which exit to take from Faridabad to Gurgaon. F-G E'way is no longer signposted in Faridabad. Then due to wrong coordinates from Google wasted two hours in Gurgaon. Quite a hairy drive that way. Also, watch out on NH2/AH1 - Kanpur-Etawah is being three laned, so there are multiple underpasses under construction with detours. Took me about three hours as against the normal 2-1/4.
Old 15th October 2013, 15:46   #7
BANNED

Returned via New Delhi (and a halt in NOIDA). Far better roads. Well worth the extra 50km.

Only fly is that the Etawah-Kanpur stretch is being six-laned. As a result there are lots of diversions. Basically pass throughs are being made, and traffic diverted. These are fortunately well marked, only after Sikandra (start of Akbarpur byepass) is this marking poor/non-existent.
Old 6th October 2014, 09:41   #8
BANNED

I hear that SH222A has been mended a lot. Also, yesterday I ran into someone who spent 45 mins at the Toll on DND flyway, so I am again tempted to the SH222A option. Also, a couple of months ago when I was in Delhi there were some major works planned at the entrance to SouthEx from NOIDA side, closing the underpass.

So what is the advice for the present?
Old 6th October 2014, 11:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hear that SH222A has been mended a lot. Also, yesterday I ran into someone who spent 45 mins at the Toll on DND flyway, so I am again tempted to the SH222A option. Also, a couple of months ago when I was in Delhi there were some major works planned at the entrance to SouthEx from NOIDA side, closing the underpass.

So what is the advice for the present?
My view, is come off YEW, onto Greater Noida Expressway, Mahamaya flyover, Kalindi Kunj, right onto Mathura Road, past Apollo Hospital, left onto Outer Ring Road, keep going until that becomes NH-8 which goes into Gurgaon.

Aside from a small stretch near Chirag Dilli and Hauz Khas, you won't hit any Metro construction.
https://goo.gl/maps/lB4GR
AH1/NH2 - South of Agra to Gurgaon-3deb9475f77abf54.jpg

You might want to avoid coming via DND, as you will run into metro construction work all along ring road, starting from Ashram Chowk itself. Not worth the wait IMO
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 11:43   #10
BANNED

What you are suggesting is to cross the river at Sector 94/ Kalindi Kunj and then right onto Mathura Road, and left onto the Outer Ring Road. Only I have to go onto the Golf Course Road in Gurgaon, so I may be better off turning left at AIIMS to take the MG Road. Thanks for the guidance.

Last edited by sgiitk : 6th October 2014 at 11:50.
Old 6th October 2014, 12:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only I have to go onto the Golf Course Road in Gurgaon, so I may be better off turning left at AIIMS to take the MG Road. Thanks for the guidance.
You are welcome.

When coming via Outer Ring Road, you would be turning left at IIT crossing (AIIMS would be on the right at this crossing , a little past Green Park). And yes MG road is a better option if your destination is Golf Course road.

But be aware that the Chattarpur crossings can add a good 10-15 minutes based on time of day.
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 14:29   #12
BHPian

I'm planning to do a trip From Gurgaon to Agra and back on the same day. Can someone help on which route to take and how much time will it take?
Old 27th November 2014, 15:11   #13
BANNED

I am in Gurgaon at the moment. Yes, inner Ring road has metro work going on. My son tells me that some major work is underway on the outer as well. So depending on where your are in Gurgaon take MG Road and then cross across to the Inner Ring using Aurbindo Marg and then turn follow the road to the YE and so on. Avoid the rush hours and same day return is on. Yesterday it took me under two hours from NOIDA to Golf Course Road, entering Delhi at 5:00pm!
Old 27th November 2014, 16:04   #14
BHPian

Quote:
I am in Gurgaon at the moment. Yes, inner Ring road has metro work going on. My son tells me that some major work is underway on the outer as well. So depending on where your are in Gurgaon take MG Road and then cross across to the Inner Ring using Aurbindo Marg and then turn follow the road to the YE and so on. Avoid the rush hours and same day return is on. Yesterday it took me under two hours from NOIDA to Golf Course Road, entering Delhi at 5:00pm!
I plan to start around 6:30 am in the morning from Gurgaon, I hope this should be good to hit YE by 8:00 to 8:30 am. Add another 2 Hours which means by 10:30-11:00 am I should be there at Taj. Start back around 2:00 and have to come back to Noida so I should come to Noida by 5:00 pm. Is my plan workable? I'll be driving on Saturday with kids hence want to be doubly sure. Also is 3 Hours to visit Taj Mahal possible or will I be needing more time?
Old 27th November 2014, 20:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
I plan to start around 6:30 am in the morning from Gurgaon, I hope this should be good to hit YE by 8:00 to 8:30 am. Add another 2 Hours which means by 10:30-11:00 am I should be there at Taj. Start back around 2:00 and have to come back to Noida so I should come to Noida by 5:00 pm. Is my plan workable? I'll be driving on Saturday with kids hence want to be doubly sure. Also is 3 Hours to visit Taj Mahal possible or will I be needing more time?
On the outward journey, the likely trouble spot would be Aurobindo Marg near Mother's International school (saturday working!) if coming by MG road (around 7'sh).
To be on the safer side , start by 6 AM, and then you can avoid the ^^^ because it will be too early for the kids/parents to be out and about.
Once you are on Outer ring road, you should be able to maintain a decent clip. You should be able to get to kalindi kunj/mahamaya flyover latest by 7 AM - in which case you can have a peaceful drive till YEW.

On the return, getting away from Agra takes the most time. Plan at least a good hour in the afternoon to hit the YEW. From that point to he Gr. Noida expressway should be about 2-2.5 hours. Then say about 45 mins with all the traffic on the greater noida expressway and then noida internal roads to your destination.
So about 4 hours - 4.5 hours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks