Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2013, 07:52   #16
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ranchi to Bhubaneswar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
No. I was suggesting this route, in case someone wishes to drive up to Bahragora. So far information I have, this road is good in Orissa. But there are problems of unmarked speed-breakers in this route.
Thank You for the inputs Rahul da.

Last I heard, NH6 is not in a good shape and members from the HVK forum also suggested the same saying that NH6 is in a car breaking condition now. Ditto NH33 from Ranchi-Baharagora. Plus this route will mean driving over 650 kms and going with these conditions it will be impossible to drive it in a day.

In February I rode my Classic 500 from Ranchi-Jamshedpur-Baharagora-Baripada-Balasore-Bhubaneswar in 11 hours. The same when I did in a Tavera in the month of August, it took me 13 hours. This was because the whole NH33 is so pothole ridden that it is better to ride a motorcycle and negotiate potoles (read craters) rather than driving a car and getting stuck. Moreover now in the last month, the condition has only got worse. I seriously want to avoid NH-33 unless all other options are equally pathetic as far as road conditions are concerned.
Old 12th June 2014, 15:45   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ranchi to Raurkela. Best Route?

So any updates on the route? I need to travel to Rourkela from Ranchi sometime this month or early next month. Was looking for the route where the first priority would be safety. Kindly suggest the best route in terms of safety and then road surface.

Google maps suggests this: (Haven't checked MMI)
Ranchi to Bhubaneswar : Route Queries-untitled.jpg

Thanks,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 12th June 2014 at 15:51. Reason: adding map
Old 23rd July 2014, 15:15   #18
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

UPDATE:

The best route to reach Bhubaneswar or Puri from Ranchi/Jamshedpur is the Ranchi-Jamshedpur-Hata-Rairangpur-Bagriposi-Baripada-Balasore-Cuttack-Bhubaneswar route.

The Hata-Rairangpur-Bangriposi stretch is a charm with some nice swooping corners too, making driving so much more pleasurable. However, the Ranchi-Jamshedpur stretch is not in a really good shape. No potholes though, but the surface is not really smooth.

The Baripada-Bhubaneswar is again lovely. Just before the exit to Balasore, one enters the Golden Quadrilateral and from here to Cuttack runs a road which is smooth, fast and exciting.
//M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 20:49   #19
BHPian

Any updates or the best route between Bhubaneswar to Ranchi please. How is NH 215 and NH 75. Is it better via Chakradharpur or via Jamshedpur?
Old 28th May 2016, 20:54   #20
BHPian

Any updates or the best route between Bhubaneswar to Ranchi please. How is NH 215 and NH 75. Is it better via Chakradharpur or via Jamshedpur?
Old 3rd June 2016, 12:58   #21
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ranchi to Bhubaneswar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
Take the Bhubaneswar - Baripada - Bangriposi - Rairangpur - Hata - Jamshedpur - Ranchi route.

This route is in much better shape and sees much less traffic than the one via Baharagora or the one via Chakradharpur.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 13:10   #22
BHPian

I think below is also a good option. My Oriya neighbor confirmed that roads are good:
Ranchi-Bundu-Khunti-Kandra- Sariakela-Chaibasa-Koenjhar-Bamnipal-Cuttack-Bhubneshwar
yogesh.janghel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 11:27   #23
BHPian

Hi! What's the current status of the route between Panikoili to Jamshedpur via Anandapur - Thakurmunda - Karanjia - Jashpur - Rairangpur.

I am planning for a BLR-JSR drive soon. Normally, I take the Bhadrak - Balasore - Baripada - Bisoi - Rairangpur - Bahalda - Jamshedpur route but the route I've queried is slightly shorter.

Also, any safety issues in the Panikoili route?

Thanks in advance.

Rahul
Old 5th July 2018, 02:01   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
Hi! What's the current status of the route between Panikoili to Jamshedpur via Anandapur - Thakurmunda - Karanjia - Jashpur - Rairangpur.

I am planning for a BLR-JSR drive soon. Normally, I take the Bhadrak - Balasore - Baripada - Bisoi - Rairangpur - Bahalda - Jamshedpur route but the route I've queried is slightly shorter.

Also, any safety issues in the Panikoili route?

Thanks in advance.

Rahul
Dont take the Anandpur route. Its an old fashioned road meandering thro random settlements with numerous speed breakers.

Instead take NH20 via Keonjhar (Bypassed)>Remuli>Jaintgarh>Chaibasa (dont take the bypass - just drive thro the town. its faster)>Jamshedpur. Its a newly built 4 lane from Panikoili to Remuli and then excellent 2 laned road till Kandra from where you again get a 4 lane road to Jamshedpur. Traffic would be mild most of the time accept after 10PM when iron ore traffic is allowed when it gets busy.

Panikoili - Jamshedpur drive time would be under 5 hours and fatigue free. Gmap link below

https://goo.gl/maps/eQsqUtSmqxL2

As of now this the fastest and best connector for some one coming from South India and driving towards Jamshedpur/Ranchi and further up along AH1
drive_factor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 13:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_factor View Post
Dont take the Anandpur route. Its an old fashioned road meandering thro random settlements with numerous speed breakers.
As of now this the fastest and best connector for some one coming from South India and driving towards Jamshedpur/Ranchi and further up along AH1
So, If I were to ask about the Anandpur-Thakurmunda-Karanjia-Rairangpur route, which section do you suggest has speedbreakers/settlements etc? I've traveled between Rairangpur-Bisoi-Baripada numerous times but have never taken the Rairaingpur-Karanjia-Anandpur-Panikoili route.

Also, how about safety? Can I travel post sunset on the Thakurmunda or the Keonjhar route suggested by you?

Thanks once again!
Old 8th July 2018, 23:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
So, If I were to ask about the Anandpur-Thakurmunda-Karanjia-Rairangpur route, which section do you suggest has speedbreakers/settlements etc?
Almost the entire stretch between Anandapur till Jashipur.

Quote:
I've traveled between Rairangpur-Bisoi-Baripada numerous times but have never taken the Rairaingpur-Karanjia-Anandpur-Panikoili route.
You dont need to take either of the these two routes now if your desitination is Jamshedpur and beyond. The new NH20 brings you a 4 lane route till almost JH border, and then excellent 2 lane roads till Kandra and again a 4 lane lane highway to Jamshedpur. Benefits are low traffic+high speed. Just blindly follow the below gmap routing.
https://goo.gl/maps/GnoxKeonmp52
Enlarge and review the map particularly at OR/JH border and the suggestion to drive thro Chiabasa town. The bypass is a mess right now due to construction of a railway flyover. The drive thro town shouldn't last more than 20 minutes.

Quote:
Also, how about safety? Can I travel post sunset on the Thakurmunda or the Keonjhar route suggested by you?
The route suggested by me is safe all the time. In fact after midnight the traffic will increase thus I would suggest you cross Panikoili max by 5pm which will comfortably put you in Jamshedpur by 10pm. The iron ore traffic starts after 10pm and sometimes it leads to congestion at toll gates.

Having said that I would urge you to be careful for about 15km after Jaintgarh. The roads are curvy and many fatal accidents have taken place when high speed drivers lost control of their vehicle. Also, watch out of a couple of "flying culverts" in this length as they can launch your vehicle on air !
drive_factor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 10:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_factor View Post
Almost the entire stretch between Anandapur till Jashipur.
Thank you drive_factor. I have a relative coming next month. Will ask him to take this route on their way back.
Old 16th July 2018, 16:23   #28
BHPian

Road suggested by Drive_Factor is the best. Koenjhar->Remuli->Kandra->JSR is in fabulous condition.
I have a query though- Samabalpur->Koenjhar, which passed through Kanji Paani, was in real bad condition, some 4-5 months back. Any alternative route here. I am basically trying to reach Jamshedpur from Sambalpur. Any idea how is Sambalpur->Kuchinda-> Barbil->Jaintagarh->Jamshedpur ?
Old 23rd July 2018, 09:03   #29
BHPian

May I request information on the Route from Sambalpur to Ranchi-shortest or scenic route. Will be driving from Hyderabad to Ranchi via Nagpur and Raipur.
Old 24th July 2018, 17:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.janghel View Post
I have a query though- Samabalpur->Koenjhar, which passed through Kanji Paani, was in real bad condition, some 4-5 months back. Any alternative route here.

I am basically trying to reach Jamshedpur from Sambalpur. Any idea how is Sambalpur->Kuchinda-> Barbil->Jaintagarh->Jamshedpur ?
1 . Till June end it was in good condition. Lots of 4 lane work going on but the going was smooth. However, since last 15 days its been raining heavily and the Kanji Paani Ghat is susceptible to rain damage. They do some patch work at times.
2. Sambalpur to Barbil will not be in best of condition in monsoon time. The road passes thro dense Tensa ghati and hilly Iron areas. Last I traversed thro that stretch in mid 70s and it was an adventure !

However from Barbil onwards you will get excellent roads to Jamshedpur

Its advisable to take the normal Kanji Pani route as overall you get better roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
May I request information on the Route from Sambalpur to Ranchi-shortest or scenic route. Will be driving from Hyderabad to Ranchi via Nagpur and Raipur.
The usual CV traffic to JH from Raipur is via Bilaspur > Ambikapur as it saves them toll and avoids entering OR. This is a reasonable 2 lane old type route which is usually satisfactory.

However, if you do not wish to go via Nagpur and Raipur then the best way is Hyderabad > Vizag (Day 1) and then Vizag > Ranchi (Day 2). You will need to depart Vizag around 6am which will put you in Ranchi by 9pm via Kandra with a lunch break in Bhubaneswar.
drive_factor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks