Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2018, 18:18   #31
BHPian

Re: Ranchi to Bhubaneswar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_factor View Post
1 .

However, if you do not wish to go via Nagpur and Raipur then the best way is Hyderabad > Vizag (Day 1) and then Vizag > Ranchi (Day 2). You will need to depart Vizag around 6am which will put you in Ranchi by 9pm via Kandra with a lunch break in Bhubaneswar.
Thank you for your prompt reply but I have to go via Raipur as we are having our 43rd Course Reunion (passing out from OTA Chennai) at Hyderabad. From there the wife and I are planning a drive to visit the Capitals of the central Indian states- Raipur, Ranchi, Patna (Varanasi), Lucknow, Bhopal, Hyderabad and back to Bangalore.

Therefore may I request you to please suggest the better route from Raipur to Ranchi.
Old 25th July 2018, 19:58   #32
BHPian

Re: Ranchi to Bhubaneswar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
Therefore may I request you to please suggest the better route from Raipur to Ranchi.
The truckers prefer RAIPUR - BILASPUR - AMBIKAPUR route to enter Jharkhand. But I am unable to make a definite suggestion as due to hilly/forested topography, these areas are prone to monsoon damage.

You may consider Raipur - Sambalpur - Simdega - Kolebira route. The advantage is you get excellent 4 lane till Sambalpur and then the famous L&T 2 lane road that goes till Rourkella. This is the default route from Ranchi to Sambalpur local service. Raipur to Sambalpur is under 6 hrs and same duration for Sambalpur to Ranchi.

The X factor is monsoon. Once you are in Raipur do ask about the bilaspur route for rain damage particularly at CG/JH border region. That is decidedly a more scenic route.
drive_factor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks