Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2016, 21:28   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore - Madhugiri - Jayamangali Black Buck reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
The route via doddaballapur is mayhem. Way too many diversions and the road isn't done yet. AVOID.
+1. The route via Dobbaspet is much better. And road via Urdigere is also fresh at many places. This SH is getting paved fresh, with work going on at some places though. Dont know how is it close to Madhugiri though.
Old 2nd July 2016, 22:12   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
+1. The route via Dobbaspet is much better. And road via Urdigere is also fresh at many places. This SH is getting paved fresh, with work going on at some places though. Dont know how is it close to Madhugiri though.
My native is Madhugiri. Dabaspet, Urdigere route is mostly fine now. In between few patches are being completed now. You have to watch out for deviation in few places.
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 13:51   #18

Trivia with a personal experience

In the month of April this year, a couple of us friends decided to ride to Jayamangali Black Buck Reserve. We stopped half way at Devarayanadurga Hills for a quick breakfast and headed towards the the Black Buck Reserve with the navigation guiding us.

As I was referring to the map for directions, I saw that we would be crossing a river and conveyed the same message through the intercom to the other 2 comrades riding with me. As we rode past the river with a close eye on the map expecting to see the river water, well.. we didn’t find it. It was just a dry bed with boulders, small rocks and thorny shrubs scattered around. So we mumbled to ourselves that the river is long gone.

Bangalore - Madhugiri - Jayamangali Black Buck reserve-2.jpg

Bangalore - Madhugiri - Jayamangali Black Buck reserve-1.jpg
Part of the river bed

Today morning while browsing through the news, this article came up :

https://https://timesofindia.indiati...w/87879256.cms

Put a bright smile on my face, nature is indeed charming. The article says that the river Jayamangali has stayed dry since the last 27 years. But with the relentless rain battering Bangalore and surrounding areas since the last few weeks, this river is alive today!
Arv1990 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks