Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2014, 19:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Pathankot - Indore Trip

Hi Folks!

1. I am planning a trip from Pathankot to Indore in mid-Nov. I intend to cover the distance over a period of three days. (Approx 1350kms) I would be travelling with my family.

2. Broad plan is as under:-
(a) Day 1 : Pathankot-Jaipur Approx 700 Kms (Is it feasible to reach Jaipur in a day?)
(b) Day 2 : Jaipur-Chittorgarh Approx 300 Kms (to visit Chittorgarh)
(c) Day 3 : Chittorgarh-Indore Approx 300 Kms

3. I request the fellow bhpians to suggest the most suitable route with night halts and lunch break points. I am open to suggestions and changes in the above plan for route, night halts and breaks.

4. Would the Pathankot-Bikaner-Ajmer-Chittorgarh-Indore route be better?

@ Mods : I could not find any thread covering this route. Please merge thread in case a thread exists.

Last edited by GTO : 13th October 2014 at 14:41. Reason: Typos
Old 11th October 2014, 21:07   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Pathankot - Indore Trip

Quote:
2. Broad plan is as under:-
(a) Day 1 : Pathankot-Jaipur Approx 700 Kms (Is it feasible to reach Jaipur in a day?)
Should be doable easily , take Panipat - Bawal ( bypassing Delhi / Gurgaon mess )
Plenty of places on way till Panipat thereafter once you merge on NH8 , can recommend Haveli Jalandhar , NeelKanth - Karnal .

next 2 days should be easy , many options for overnight stays in Rajasthan depending on budget .
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2014, 22:37   #3
BHPian

re: Pathankot - Indore Trip

I would suggest the following route :

Pathankot - Delhi - Greater Noida - Mathura - 640 km (NH1 + Yamuna expressway) -

Mathura - Bharatpur - Swai Madhopur - Kota - jhalawar - Ujjain- Indore - 680 km ( Mega highway + SH)

You can also break the journey at Ranthambore national park, Sawai madhopur

Last edited by breezydrive : 11th October 2014 at 22:39.
breezydrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 10:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
I would suggest the following route :

Pathankot - Delhi - Greater Noida - Mathura - 640 km (NH1 + Yamuna expressway) -

Mathura - Bharatpur - Swai Madhopur - Kota - jhalawar - Ujjain- Indore - 680 km ( Mega highway + SH)

You can also break the journey at Ranthambore national park, Sawai madhopur
Indeed a very good option! I never thought about this as there was a perception that this route would be longer, but as it turned out, it is not.

1. How about the time taken near Delhi-Greater Noida?

2. How about the condition of route from Mathura to Indore?

I would still break my journey to three days incase I opt for this route.

Day 1 : Mathura
Day 2 : Kota/Sawai Madhopur
Day 3 : Indore

1. Sorry for the back to back post as the content cannot be added to the previous post and a new input is required.

2. The google map shows road closure between Kotputli and Behror. Is it because of some work going on? How long it is likely to be? What are the alternate route to go to Jaipur from Delhi?

Last edited by GTO : 13th October 2014 at 14:42. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 14th October 2014, 09:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pathankot - Indore Trip

Hello,

First of all, let me know if you need any help in Indore.

1. The Chittorgarh to MP border route might be bad. But, the route after that till Indore is 4 Laned except some 20-30Kms of road after Lebad due to 4 Laning work. If you would like to checkout Makhkhan ka Dhaba on this Highway just after Neemuch.

Some tips :
1. Don't forget to visit Pashupatinath Temple at Mandsaur.

2. While in Indore if you have a day or two you should go to Mahakaleshwar Temple (jyotirlinga), Chintaman Ganesh, Kaal Bhairav at Ujjain and Omkareshwar (jyotirlinga) (it is on a route opposite to Ujjain so you will have to cross Indore to visit Ujjain and Omkareshwar anyway).

3. Attend Bhasma aarti at Mahakaleshwar Ujjain it is once in a lifetime experience. You will have to book online for it here (if you want to book then book it now the bookings are limited and fills very fast) and make sure you reach the spot at 4 sharply : http://dic.mp.nic.in/Ujjain/mahakal/default.aspx

There is an alternate route to what I suggested above if you want to go from Chittorgarh straight to Ujjain. Just follow the same route till Jaora (Chittorgarh-Neemuch-Mandsaur-Jaora) and then take a left after Jaora (from the bypass itself no need to enter town) towards Ujjain. It is a 2 Lane toll road excellent to drive.

Last edited by mercedised : 14th October 2014 at 09:24.
mercedised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 11:51   #6
BHPian

The route from Panipat Till Rewari is Great in fact one of the Best i guess, through this route u can bypass all of delhi, gurgaon and manesar, but thereafter till jaipur it is a bit slow. While taking the panipat rewari route kindly note that you do not enter either Rohtak and also neither rewari. On approaching jaipur if you take the Jaipur Ajmer highway option then it is a great road and will save u a lot of time till Indore
Gill22g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 12:07   #7
BHPian

You can check the route from the picture(Google maps)
Attached Images
File Type: bmp route.bmp (521.5 KB, 5924 views)
Gill22g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2014, 11:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Hello,

First of all, let me know if you need any help in Indore.

1. The Chittorgarh to MP border route might be bad. But, the route after that till Indore is 4 Laned except some 20-30Kms of road after Lebad due to 4 Laning work. If you would like to checkout Makhkhan ka Dhaba on this Highway just after Neemuch.

Some tips :
1. Don't forget to visit Pashupatinath Temple at Mandsaur.

2. While in Indore if you have a day or two you should go to Mahakaleshwar Temple (jyotirlinga), Chintaman Ganesh, Kaal Bhairav at Ujjain and Omkareshwar (jyotirlinga) (it is on a route opposite to Ujjain so you will have to cross Indore to visit Ujjain and Omkareshwar anyway).

3. Attend Bhasma aarti at Mahakaleshwar Ujjain it is once in a lifetime experience. You will have to book online for it here (if you want to book then book it now the bookings are limited and fills very fast) and make sure you reach the spot at 4 sharply : http://dic.mp.nic.in/Ujjain/mahakal/default.aspx

There is an alternate route to what I suggested above if you want to go from Chittorgarh straight to Ujjain. Just follow the same route till Jaora (Chittorgarh-Neemuch-Mandsaur-Jaora) and then take a left after Jaora (from the bypass itself no need to enter town) towards Ujjain. It is a 2 Lane toll road excellent to drive.
Thanks for the inputs. I am going to be in Indore for a couple of months. I will keep in mind to visit all the places you mentioned. I also intend to visit Mandu during the stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill22g View Post
The route from Panipat Till Rewari is Great in fact one of the Best i guess, through this route u can bypass all of delhi, gurgaon and manesar, but thereafter till jaipur it is a bit slow. While taking the panipat rewari route kindly note that you do not enter either Rohtak and also neither rewari. On approaching jaipur if you take the Jaipur Ajmer highway option then it is a great road and will save u a lot of time till Indore
Now, the catch which has appeared is that I have to be in Delhi on 12 Nov for some work. So, basically the route has to be Pathankot-Delhi on Day 1. Do I continue on the Jaipur route further or take the Mathura-Kota-Indore route. Any suggestions?

Most Viewed