Team-BHP - Bangalore to Raichur (North Karnataka) : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore to Raichur (North Karnataka) : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/156725-bangalore-raichur-north-karnataka-route-queries.html)

I am planning a bike ride from Bangalore to Raichur via Anantpur, Gooty, Adoni. Can someone who had done this before provide information on the road conditions especially from Gooty to Raichur?

Planning the return ride from Raichur via Bellary, Challakere, Hiriyur, Tumkur. What is the status of this road? How much time should I consider for the to and from routes considering moderate speeds?

Appreciate if information about fuel stations and eating points is also mentioned when you provide details on the road conditions.

Planning this ride from 24-26 Oct.

- BlrGuy

The roads are good upto Bellary via Challakere although a 2 lane with frequent humps, Siruguppa to Sindhanur is a rough stretch from but doeable in a bike. The Manvi to Raichur stretch were good till 2 years back not aware of present condition. Bellary will be the ideal pitstop else Challakere town. Some decent eateries are there in Hiriyur on the service road. I had driven to Mantralaya recently, roads are excellent upto Gooty, there onwards take the Adoni-Yemmiganur-Mantralaya-Raichur route. Roads are narrow inside the towns with lot of humps but in good condition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlrGuy (Post 3560250)
How much time should I consider for the to and from routes considering moderate speeds?

I think you can do it in 10 hours running time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deehunk (Post 3560288)
The Manvi to Raichur stretch were good till 2 years back not aware of present condition.

Manvi to Raichur was good but bumpy when I traveled some six months back.

Edit: Raichur-Kurnool road via Ieeja was very bad at several places when I did six months back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlrGuy (Post 3560250)
I am planning a bike ride from Bangalore to Raichur via Anantpur, Gooty, Adoni. Can someone who had done this before provide information on the road conditions especially from Gooty to Raichur?

Quote:

Originally Posted by deehunk (Post 3560288)
I had driven to Mantralaya recently, roads are excellent upto Gooty, there onwards take the Adoni-Yemmiganur-Mantralaya-Raichur route. Roads are narrow inside the towns with lot of humps but in good condition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolclouds (Post 3560349)
I think you can do it in 10 hours running time.

My take:

Drive all the way till Gadwal exit on Nh7 (near Sasnool. Yes its Sasnool and not Kurnool). Then its only 63km for the last stretch. This way you reduce all uncertainty to the just one stretch.
This exit is just before the bridge on Krishna.

This is what I mean:

Route Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3560398)
My take:

Drive all the way till Gadwal exit on Nh7 (near Sasnool. Yes its Sasnool and not Kurnool). Then its only 63km for the last stretch. This way you reduce all uncertainty to the just one stretch.

This is what I mean:

Route Link

I absolutely agree with this suggestion. Did this just a couple of weeks back. It's by far the best option. While coming back to Bangalore somebody forced me to go via Kurnool (Ieeja route) and it was the worst route I ever drove in my entire life. Please avoid this route at all circumstances.

Thanks.

Quote:

My take:

This exit is just before the bridge on Krishna.[/url]

I agree with ampere whole-heartedly.

I did this few times.Gadwal-Raichur is single road, but not very bad.

Waseem.

Quote:

My take:

This is what I mean:

Route Link

Thanks ampere; this is the route I will follow. Guess, I will take to take a gamble on the last stretch of this route. Are there fuel stations spread across this stretch? My bike (N250R) can make about 300 kms on a full tank and hence I will need to refuel at the minimum a couple of times along this journey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlrGuy (Post 3561093)
Thanks ampere; this is the route I will follow. Guess, I will take to take a gamble on the last stretch of this route. Are there fuel stations spread across this stretch? My bike (N250R) can make about 300 kms on a full tank and hence I will need to refuel at the minimum a couple of times along this journey.

Since its a 4-lane you should have ample options. Kurnool, Ananthpur etc should have options.

I need to drive to Raichur from BTM Bangalore. Can you please suggest the best route, in terms of road conditions? The options I have are Bangalore Anatapur Kurnool Gadwal Raichur and Bangalore Hiriyur Bellari Adoni Raichur

Thanks and regards.
Narayan

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnarayang (Post 4355194)
I need to drive to Raichur from BTM Bangalore.

Ballari to Adoni road, via Alur, is hopeless. Avoid if possible. Hiriyur to Ballari is anyway a single road. So, why not drive on Bangalore- Hyderabad highway for a longer distance.

I might have to travel from Gadwal Railway station to Sriramnagar railway station by car. This requires crossing Krishna river. As per google maps, I will have to use one of the two bridges (Jurala project bridge) or NH44 (HYD BLR) bridge. Is there any other bridge that will offer a shorter route?

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ga...d16.304119!3e0

Bangalore to Raichur (North Karnataka) : Route Queries-screen-shot-20181006-5.57.34-pm.png

Team,

With interstate travel restricted, I need to reach Raichur from Bangalore, this is the route I am planning-
Bengaluru to Tumakur to Hiriyur to Bellary to Sindhanur to Raichur, total distance is 484 and drive time is 10 hours plus.

Is there an alternate route for me to cut down on time, without leaving KA border.

What are some good hotels in Raichur for families? It's for transit halt while travelling from Hyderabad to Gokarna.

It will be better if you stay in Mantralayam or drive till Bellary/Chitradurga.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanchari (Post 5432003)
What are some good hotels in Raichur for families? It's for transit halt while travelling from Hyderabad to Gokarna.

Pavan Mansion -
Santoshi Novatel

Nrupatunga is an older one.

suggestions from my cousin who travels in the area regularly.