Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2014, 16:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Ahmedabad to Shimla

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepathy View Post
was checking out the route on the map. yes there is a turn at bawad before bawal and it goes to rewari. hope you meant that. this is the route being shown by mobile navigation too. checking out NH 65 too. hope roads are good on that route
Exactly, it is the one being referred here. It has skirts the Rewari city, is newly constructed four lane with proper markings. I traveled a portion on this route 15 days back. Saves your time and energy in crossing Gurgaon-Delhi.

Roads are okay on NH 65. But you have to keep in mind that this is the old fashioned two laned NH. Good thing about this route is that you wont encounter that much traffic here and also less chances of fog.
amikacin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 19:04   #17
BHPian

That will be great. Will try to take nh 65 on return journey.
But if the place I stay in jaipur during the onward journey is going to be decent, then I will book that for return journey stopover too.
I mean, i am planning it that way now. there are three more weeks to go for the trip. So, with more inputs from here, friends and colleagues, I can confirm/change plans later.
Old 13th December 2014, 17:19   #18
BHPian

It's started snowing in shimla! The attached pic is today's.
I will be reaching there by the last week of december.. and i guess once it starts snowing it will continue mostly throughout this month and the next.
any advice on driving in snow? Hope vento won't face much problems!
Attached Thumbnails
Ahmedabad to Shimla-13-decsnowfall01.jpg  

Old 13th December 2014, 18:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's started snowing in shimla! The attached pic is today's.
I will be reaching there by the last week of december.. and i guess once it starts snowing it will continue mostly throughout this month and the next.
any advice on driving in snow? Hope vento won't face much problems!
Yes;but only if there are enough clouds
As for driving, its not the snow you should be worried about, its the black Ice which can catch you especially on the outskirts of kufri, just be gentle on the throttle and brakes, and maintain a good distance between vehicles, more than double of what you would in normal driving conditions.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 18:11   #20
BHPian

i will be staying at club mahindra and i guess it is located a few kilometres off the city... hope i will be able to reach there safe and sound!
well, it will be my first encounter with black ice. will keep you advice in mind
Old 31st December 2014, 11:39   #21
BHPian

returned home yesterday safe and sound after 10 days on the road... lots of hits and much more misses! planning to post a detailed travelogue
sreepathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 18:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that you completed your travels. Do post a link to your travelogue here as and when you post it. Ciao

Quote:
returned home yesterday safe and sound after 10 days on the road... lots of hits and much more misses! planning to post a detailed travelogue

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks