Team-BHP - Places around Bangalore (Detailed)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Places around Bangalore (Detailed) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/15869-places-around-bangalore-detailed.html)

Hi All

This weekend i am planning for a ride, want to start off on Sat and want to reach b'lore back on Sun may be in the Eve or late night . I prefer to go to someplace where i can enjoy nature, something like a hill station, a trekking place, rafting etc...I have heard abt chikmanglur ? can anyone tell me what do i get to see there, or better suggest me some other place

Hey Jango...
I'm guessing that u are leaving Saturday early...You can go to Kemmanagundi... it's a nice hill station... it would be a 6hr journey Max to this place...the distance would be around 260 kms. You can trek to the Hebbe falls there...trek through the estates ...sorry no rafting there... but all other things are in abundance...
Road to this place is good as well... off NH-4 take a deviation from Tumkur towards Arasikere... further on the same road, the BH ROAD to Tarikere, where you need to take a turn left towards Lingadalli...

If possible leave early, or on friday to enjoy in this place...

this place looks intresting bruce !! Do we have to make any reservation for accomodation or can we get it once we are there !!!.

Agreed Kemannugundi is a good place. but accomidation is a problem coz there's one guest house owned by the government. so u might as well consider coorg.. cool hill station and lotsa fun. i can help you for accomidation. its a 6 hour drive frm Bangalore....sure u gona have fun mate

Kemmangundi is a lovely place. If you are going with family though, I suggest you make prior arrangements for stay, because the one you will get when you book on the spot is bound to be dirty. Secondly, just downhill from K'gudi (down the coffee route) you get to Chikmagalur. The drive is terrific and there's hardly any traffic. The roads are mostly good though a few small sections are very bad. It is a rather challenging route when it rains. I speak from experience because once our car broke down in the rain and we had to spend the night in the middle of nowhere as there was no one else using that road the whole night. If you go next weekend you will run into the Coffee Day rally at Chikmagalur.

If you do decide on K'gudi and u plan to trek, take something to get the leeches off you. They attack you by the dozens.

One of my colleague did this, he halted at Chikkamagalur and did a to & fro to Kemmanagundi, though he drove his new baleno to Chikkamagalur, he hired a cab to Kemmanagundi, because he was with family...

The following link..

http://www.journeymart.com/DExplorer...mmanagundi.asp

..provides the Phone nos to guest houses in Kemmanagundi... but i suggest you try staying as above...and like others said only if you are going with family....else if you are those adventurous types... do a camp fire on top of kemmanagundi.. (...if weather permits ofcourse!!).... you may have all the sjy for you... it's wonderful...

Enjoy!!
.....hey coorg is an awesome place too... There are so many things to see in coorg, Matrix can help you i guess...

oh no - u *must* drive Chikmaglur - kemmanagundi. Its one of the best drives i've done - 55 kms of slopes, mostly single road at the end - changing landscape and solitude.
Take the deviation to Babbudangiri - the views from there rock.
There are cheapish basic rooms at Kemmanagundi - take ur own sleeping bags if u're icky about not-too-clean bedsheets etc.
The drive+hike to Hebbe falls is a recommended one too, if u're so inclined.
If you have time, on ur way back, as u get down - take a left instead of a right towards Chikamaglur - road goes towards nh206 - birur etc - through some lovely rolling hills.

You can check out,

Coorg
Chikmanglur
Chunchi falls.
Mekedatu falls ( its just too good to have nice bathing time :)
U can also check out nice water parks.. like GRS,

I agree, If you plan to go to Kemmannugundi, Please take the Chikmagalure route. I am sure you will remember for life. Such a beautiful route it is.

En route you will find a mountain top, like the ones they show in movies, like a large lawn atop a mountain.

BTW, Did you say ride? you are biking there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRC
I agree, If you plan to go to Kemmannugundi, Please take the Chikmagalure route. I am sure you will remember for life. Such a beautiful route it is.

En route you will find a mountain top, like the ones they show in movies, like a large lawn atop a mountain.

BTW, Did you say ride? you are biking there?

Oh yes DRC ...we are actually planning to ride !! for a change :) . 3 of us in 3 bikes are planning to leave on Sat morning. And yes we are not going with our family so we can really adjust ...Since i got the no i will definitely try calling up, and will find abt the reservations as well.......K'gudi is so tempting after reading all ur responses !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jango
3 of us in 3 bikes

Bikes!! that should be adventurous, Jango!!! Enjoy Man.... take care in the Ghat area....

Hi Guys,

Check out the MS Excel file for places to visit around Bangalore

http://rapidshare.de/files/28710953/...Spots.xls.html

Info on eating spots.

http://rapidshare.de/files/28711126/Food_Fest.xls.html

Have a great time, Drive Safe and Watch what you EAT !!! ;)

Anarchist

Hi Anarchist...The attachment with eateries was a really good idea.

Would you have a similar one for eateries on Hosur Road, etc - which might be useful to plan our stops on weekend getaways from Bangalore ?

My two cents:
:OT
'Corner House' (shown as a 'confectionary' in the Food file) is an ice-cream parlour and has 2 branches in Bangalore (that I know of) - one at Residency Road and another on Airport Road (behind TGIF). Another one might be coming up on the road near Symphony theatre - there is a board there which says 'opening shortly'). Could not help writing about this as its one of my favorite eating haunts - this might be of help for visitors to Bangalore. Try 'Strawberry with cream' (in its season) or 'leachie with ice-cream and cream' (available these days). For the really adventurous, try DBC (as its called - full name is 'Death By Chocoloate').

Quote:

Originally Posted by pravin_sn
Hi Anarchist...The attachment with eateries was a really good idea.

Would you have a similar one for eateries on Hosur Road, etc - which might be useful to plan our stops on weekend getaways from Bangalore ?

My two cents:
:OT
'Corner House' (shown as a 'confectionary' in the Food file) is an ice-cream parlour and has 2 branches in Bangalore (that I know of) - one at Residency Road and another on Airport Road (behind TGIF). Another one might be coming up on the road near Symphony theatre - there is a board there which says 'opening shortly'). Could not help writing about this as its one of my favorite eating haunts - this might be of help for visitors to Bangalore. Try 'Strawberry with cream' (in its season) or 'leachie with ice-cream and cream' (available these days). For the really adventurous, try DBC (as its called - full name is 'Death By Chocoloate').

There is one more on Airport Road just after the Marathahalli bridge. Probably others, too... DBC - yum!! :Cheering:

Well both the files are pretty old and have not been updated for sometime now. Corner House is also present at Seshadripuram and Jayanagar 4th T Block. Hot Chocolate Fudge is also an all time favorite at CH.