Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2006, 09:20   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore-Honnavar Info reqd

Hi Guys, am planning to drive down to murudeshwar on Friday, would like to know if anyone knows the condition of the road from shimoga to honnavar, have been till Tarikere about 2 months ago, road was excellent, but now after the rains i'm not so sure, could anyone who's travelled recently on this route share some knowledge?
Old 9th August 2006, 10:24   #2
BHPian

Shimoga- honnavar is one awesome road.

Route -
Shimoga->Sagar->Jog falls->Honnavar.

The route is through Sharavati river valley and protected forest area. A single road but wide enough to be comfy

This is how it looks like - Was on it sometime back :P

Old 9th August 2006, 17:55   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker
Hi Guys, am planning to drive down to murudeshwar on Friday, would like to know if anyone knows the condition of the road from shimoga to honnavar, have been till Tarikere about 2 months ago, road was excellent, but now after the rains i'm not so sure, could anyone who's travelled recently on this route share some knowledge?
Luke, I went to Bhadra last weekend.. Turned left after Tarikere, so dont know beyond that.. Road was generally quite good with a few potholed sections between Arsikere-Tarikere.. However, workers were filling up the potholes with soil (!!) so the ride wasnt too bad.. Hope somebody else can give you info on the Tarikere-Honavar part..

Last edited by nitinbhag : 9th August 2006 at 17:57.
Old 10th August 2006, 09:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Route -

Quote:
The route is through Sharavati river valley and protected forest area. A single road but wide enough to be comfy

I've been on this road lots of times, and the pic is awesome, but i actually needed to know of its condition as of now.

Quote:
Luke, I went to Bhadra last weekend.. Turned left after Tarikere, so dont know beyond that.. Road was generally quite good with a few potholed sections between Arsikere-Tarikere.. However, workers were filling up the potholes with soil (!!) so the ride wasnt too bad.. Hope somebody else can give you info on the Tarikere-Honavar part..
I'd been to bhadra (River tern Lodge) in june, good place but the road after the turnoff from tarikere is found wanting especially after the smooth drive till tarikere.
Old 19th August 2006, 19:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

Today 4 our family members including myself travelled in my swift from Bangalore ->Tumkur -> Tiptur -> Arasikere-> Tarikere -> Shimoga -> Sagar -> JogFalls -> Honnavar -> Kumta -> Ankola, road is quiet good except 30km strech tarikere - bhadravati and small strech of potholed condition once a while, over all drive was very pleasant luckily it didn't rain, We visited Jog Falls and couple of relatives houses on the way so it took 12 hrs for 500KM.Ravi.
Old 27th August 2006, 13:11   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmoquattro

Route -

No No No. avoid Sagar Jog falls single lane road. Drive straight down from Sagar, The road is two-lane and straightupto Jog falls diversion, then straight to Honavar. Shimoga - Sagar stretch is wonderful now.It's hotmix right up from Shimoga to Honavvar except for a tiny 10km stretch near Honavvar
Old 29th August 2006, 15:19   #7
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinces
No No No. avoid Sagar Jog falls single lane road. Drive straight down from Sagar, The road is two-lane and straightupto Jog falls diversion, then straight to Honavar. Shimoga - Sagar stretch is wonderful now.It's hotmix right up from Shimoga to Honavvar except for a tiny 10km stretch near Honavvar
Confusing... Which is this Sagar - Jog falls road, As I know it is the same road that goes from Sagar to Honnavar, Jog is a small diversion from the main road.

Anyways, I did this route last week, and the road is fabulous!
Old 30th August 2006, 20:20   #8

About 2km from Sagar is a diversion for Jog falls (left) with a board showing the direction. Avoid this. Drive straight ahead. Next fork (about 5 km ahead) is the diversion for Kumta via Sidhapur (right) and for Jog falls (left). Take left here. That's about it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks