Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2014, 22:24   #1
BHPian

Around Vijayawada - What to see / Where to stay?

We're planning a family trip (4 travelers) to Vijayawada next week (we can start Sunday or Monday) - we'll be there for a day for visiting a relative. We're free for 3 more days and are open to explore areas around Vijayawada. However, we're not sure what to see or where to go. We are willing to travel 100-120KM further from Vijayawada if needed.

Places we like to visit are serene, quiet, and nowhere close to population centers. We also like water bodies and a quiet boat ride would be lovely. We don't prefer places of worship.

If nothing, we're even willing to stay in a small town or village for a couple of days to unwind and relax - none of us has ever been in a village. We'd love to stay in your house if we're welcome!

We'd be very happy to skip Hyderabad's New Year's noise if we can, and return the on 1st evening.

Please pour in your suggestions.
Old 27th December 2014, 12:58   #2
BHPian

re: Around Vijayawada - What to see / Where to stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
We're planning a family trip (4 travelers) to Vijayawada next week (we can start Sunday or Monday) - we'll be there for a day for visiting a relative. We're free for 3 more days and are open to explore areas around Vijayawada. However, we're not sure what to see or where to go. We are willing to travel 100-120KM further from Vijayawada if needed.

Places we like to visit are serene, quiet, and nowhere close to population centers. We also like water bodies and a quiet boat ride would be lovely. We don't prefer places of worship.

If nothing, we're even willing to stay in a small town or village for a couple of days to unwind and relax - none of us has ever been in a village. We'd love to stay in your house if we're welcome!

We'd be very happy to skip Hyderabad's New Year's noise if we can, and return the on 1st evening.

Please pour in your suggestions.
Iam quite surprised to see there were no responses.
Let me try to give some inputs. You can visit the following places
1. Bhavani island in Vijayawada itself
2. Hailand(amusement park) between Vijayawada andGuntur
3. Kolleru bird sanctury, you can sight some unique birds there and you can travel back to Vijayawada by evening.
4. Antarvedi beach, not so good but you can expect plesent ambience.
5. Undavalli caves, not so big ones

I have visited places 3 & 4 during my college days. Rest i have passed by many times but have not visited, may be because they are too close to my hometown

If you like lush green paddy fields and fish just go to Bhimavaram (i have done my BE there). There are quite a few good hotels which will serve great food. Let me know if you need any help further
hillsnrains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 15:10   #3
BHPian

Re: Around Vijayawada - What to see / Where to stay?

Quote:
Places we like to visit are serene, quiet, and nowhere close to population centers.
A couple of options you could consider:
a) If you know anybody who owns a farmhouse/coconut farm on the backwaters around Dindi, it will be a very good place to unwind. Local cuisine (veg and non-veg) will be a bonus.
b) There are a few APTDC resorts around this area, you can consider them if (a) is not an option
c) Papikondalu - may be crowded
skumare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 17:11   #4
BHPian

You can also look at Suryalanka Beach Resort at Suryalanka near Guntur and Coconut Country Resort near Dindi. Both the places have decent APTDC accommodations available. APTDC website will give you more details.
The Dindi resort is on the bank of Godavari.
9tMax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2015, 09:08   #5
BHPian

People I am planning to visit Vijayawada today from Hyderabad. Return on Saturday. Any suggestions on accommodation and route? And places to visit?
Old 2nd January 2015, 06:59   #6
BHPian

Quote:

I am very sorry to pitch in late here. But would like to give my contribution to this thread for future reference for fellow bhpians. Apart from the list hillsnrains mentioned, I would like to add a few more places in and around Vijayawada.

1. Rajiv Gandhi Park near Pandit Nehru Bus Station.
2. Amaravathi (40kms from Vijayawada)
3. Panakala Narsimha Swamy Temple in Mangalagiri (10 kms)

I suggest others also to contribute to this thread with any other interesting places in and around Vijayawada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
may be because they are too close to my hometown
I am curious to know the name of your hometown. I have lived in Mangalagiri and Vijayawada when I was very young.
Old 2nd January 2015, 08:45   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
I am very sorry to pitch in late here. But would like to give my contribution to this thread for future reference for fellow bhpians. Apart from the list hillsnrains mentioned, I would like to add a few more places in and around Vijayawada.

1. Rajiv Gandhi Park near Pandit Nehru Bus Station.
2. Amaravathi (40kms from Vijayawada)
3. Panakala Narsimha Swamy Temple in Mangalagiri (10 kms)
Vijay,
I have not listed temples because hellmet is not interested to visit religious places. Otherwise places 2 & 3 listed by you are must to see around Vijayawada. I personally don't like the ambiance of the park near central bus station.

Quote:
I am curious to know the name of your hometown. I have lived in Mangalagiri and Vijayawada when I was very young.
Good to know that you grown in and around Vijayawada. My hometown is Guntur and stayed in Vijayawada for about 5 years.

For the benefit of fellow BHPians here is the exhaustive list of places around Vijayawada
1. Kanaka Durga Bhavani Temple
2. Bhavani Island Park
3. Undavalli caves (~10 kms towards Mangalagiri)
4. Panakala Narsimha Swamy Temple (~15 kms, towards Mangalagiri)
5. Agrigold Haailand(amusement park) ~20 Kms from Vijayawada Towards Guntur
6. Hrinkar Thirth Jain Temple (~25 kms towards Guntur, opp. Nagarjuna University)
7. Kondapalli (~25 kms towards Hyderabad) famous for Toys
8. NTR Manasa Sarovar Park (~35 kms from Vijayawada and Outskirts of Guntur)
9. Amaravathi Buddhist monuments (~40kms from Vijayawada)
10. Dwaraka Tirumala Balaji Temple (~95 kms towards Eluru)
11. Kolleru bird sanctury: One can sight some unique birds (~75 kms from Vijayawada toward Eluru/Bhimavaram)
12. Antarvedi beach (~180kms towards Narsapur)

Fellow BHPians please add if I miss anything.

P.S: Sorry hellmet for hijaking your thread

Last edited by hillsnrains : 2nd January 2015 at 08:46.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2015, 09:14   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Vijay,
I have not listed temples because hellmet is not interested to visit religious places. Otherwise places 2 & 3 listed by you are must to see around Vijayawada. I personally don't like the ambiance of the park near central bus station.
My post was not specific to hellmet. First of all thanks to hellmet for starting this thread. I have lived in Vijayawada for 10 long years and had been to all the places mentioned in your post. And regarding the park near bus station, it's been more than a decade since I went there. So I cannot comment on the ambiance.
Old 11th January 2020, 14:39   #9
BHPian

Bumping a old thread ... my in laws are planning to visit Vijayawada for a day. Need some information on
1. Do vehicles ply between Vijayawada town and the panakala Narasimhaswamy temple.
2. They are planning for Magha masa snana ( bathing in the river), any good ghats for doing the same ?

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks