Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2015, 12:13   #1
BHPian

Kolkata - Lucknow Route Enquiry

Hi Guys,

I am planning to drive down from Kolkata to Lucknow next week. I am planning to do the trip in one day. The total distance is approx 1000 kms.

I am planning to take NH2 till Handia near Allahabad & then take the Kunda-Unchahar-Raebarelly route.

Kolkata - Lucknow Route Enquiry-map.jpg

Is this route ok ? Any suggestions ?

Any help/tips regarding the trip would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Pawan
Old 2nd March 2015, 19:34   #2
BHPian

Re: Kolkata - Lucknow Route Enquiry

Hi Pawan, I don't know the present status of the road, but few years back I covered part of your route. The roads are awesome except a few kilometres in total.

Try to start early from Kolkata - you can reach Varanasi by evening. Watch the aarti in the ghats in the evening. You can also attend the special puja in Vishwanath Mandir next day early morning. Then if you start at 5:00 am, you will reach Lucknow before midnight.

Few years back, I did part of your proposed route in reverse order. If you want, you can read it and there are a lot of details.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...e-rd350-8.html

Last edited by milindajp : 2nd March 2015 at 19:38.
milindajp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 09:13   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milindajp View Post
Hi Pawan, I don't know the present status of the road, but few years back I covered part of your route. The roads are awesome except a few kilometres in total.

Try to start early from Kolkata - you can reach Varanasi by evening. Watch the aarti in the ghats in the evening. You can also attend the special puja in Vishwanath Mandir next day early morning. Then if you start at 5:00 am, you will reach Lucknow before midnight.

Few years back, I did part of your proposed route in reverse order. If you want, you can read it and there are a lot of details.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...e-rd350-8.html

Thanks milindajp for the pointers. I will be starting around 3.30 am from Kolkata & Plan to reach Lucknow by 9pm. On the way back will take a night halt at Varanasi and attend the Arti along with Special puja.
Old 16th March 2015, 11:52   #4
BHPian

Completed the trip.

Total Distance driven in one day : 1024 kms.
Total Distance traveled in the trip : 2051 kms

Time taken : 16 hrs one way.

Road Conditions : NH2 is a breeze in WB & Jharkhand. Road has small bumps in Bihar specially near bridges. Roads has cracks near Sasaram. Smooth roads again start from Varanasi till Allahabad. The Varanasi & Allahabad byepass help a lot. Allahabad byepass is one of the best byepasses I have seen with properly marked exits. Allahabad to Raibareli road is in shambles. The top speed at certain stretch would be 30kmph. Raibareli to Lucknoww is a 4 lane toll road. You can hit Lucknow from Raibareli (70km) in 1 hour.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks