Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2015, 07:55   #1
BHPian

Chennai - Surat Expressway Updates

Guys I am planning a ride towards the end of May from Chennai to Surat and back. I will be taking my TBTS 500 (Black Hawk) for her first 3k+ ride. Super excited, looking for route suggestions and any other tips. Planning to do it over 2 days. Appreciate your inputs! Cheers!

Last edited by GTO : 2nd April 2015 at 13:07. Reason: Typo
Old 2nd April 2015, 09:23   #2
BHPian

re: Chennai - Surat Expressway Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.vps View Post
Guys I am planning a ride towards e end of May from chennai to Surat and back. I will be taking my TBTS 500 (Black Hawk) for her first 3k+ ride. Super excited, looking for route suggestions and any other tips. Planning to do it over 2 days. Appreciate your inputs! Cheers!
Route is quite simple.Chennai -Bangalore (Electronics City) -Nice Road -Tumkur-Belgaum-Kohlapur-Pune (Mumbai Pune Expressway,HVK had posted a Route from Expressway to NH8 in my route query thread, Link below)-Thane -Vapi-Surat.I had done Bangalore - Vapi in 1 day with a lot of breaks in my Civic (enroute Sasan Gir) but it was a bit of stretch towards the end.Since you are travelling from Chennai by Bike, Can't say for sure where ideal break points could be.Road conditions are excellent all the way.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...onal-park.html

Last edited by ramanak : 2nd April 2015 at 09:28.
ramanak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 10:05   #3
BHPian

Hey thanks but bikes are not allowed in express way so need alternative there.
Old 2nd April 2015, 10:06   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.vps View Post
Hey thanks but bikes are not allowed in express way so need alternative there.
You can use the old Mumbai pune highway. It is in good condition.
Old 29th March 2024, 14:07   #5
BHPian

Chennai to Surat Route Query

Okay, hot on the heals of my baby ranger (Alcazar AE DCT 7 str) becoming part of my family. I would like to baptise her with a maiden chennai-surat trip. There are a couple of options that I am seeing but wanted to get the wisdom of the larger group.

Option 1: Chennai - Kalahasti - Nellore- Ongole-Hyderbad-Beed-Aurangabad-Nasik-Navsari-Surat

Option 2: Chennai-Vellore-Bengaluru-Hubballi-Kolapur-Satara-Pune-Mumbai-Wapi-Surat

Planning this drive over 2 days and mostly I would be solo, need your advice on

1. What is the best route to take
2. What is the best place to make a day 1 pit stop (would be better if I can even get to do some sight seeing or city experience while at it)

Again, this is not a road trip for road tripping. I need to make the distance in 2 days.

Appreciate all your inputs. Cheers!
Old 23rd April 2024, 17:58   #6
Team-BHP Support

I was looking if there is any info on this section. Looks like none. Most already know that there is a new Chennai-Surat expressway already under construction.

I guess this thread would a good place to post updates on that saw.

The Key updates on the route alignment:

Surat-Nasik-Ahmednagar-Akkalkot-Kurnool-Cuddapah-Renigunta-Chennai

At the Surat side it originates on the Delhi Mumbai expressway some where beyond Navsari bypass.

Some where around Sinnar its supposed to cut the Mumbai-Nagpur expressway. Similarly its cuts the Pune-Hyderabad highway beyond Solapur.

Akkalkot already has a new bypass being gone. And there on till Kurnool via Raichur its a full new alignment which is already underworks.

There are new bridges on Krishna and Tungabadra (this is at Kurnool). At Kurnool the expressway cuts the Bangalore-Hyd highway. Folks heading from Bangalore to Hyderabad can actually see this work before entering Kurnool town.

Kurnool-Cudapah is again a new alignment. Not much working yet here. And again from Cuddapah to Chennai is upgrade of the current NH716. The 716 is the Cudapah-Renigunta-Chennai routing. On this routing already 4-laning work is on going. Many people heading to Tirupati would have already noticed this.

I hope the over all completion of this section happens soon.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd April 2024 at 18:41.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks