Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2017, 19:48   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Ahmedabad : Route Queries

Hi everyone,
I am planning to drive down tomorrow or day after tomorrow, to Ahmedabad from Pune. Request updates on the road condition.
I am concerned about broken / washed-out patches of roads (due to rains) and traffic jams.
I will be starting from Pune by 5 am.
Old 24th July 2017, 19:59   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi everyone,
I am planning to drive down tomorrow or day after tomorrow, to Ahmedabad from Pune. Request updates on the road condition.
I am concerned about broken / washed-out patches of roads (due to rains) and traffic jams.
Major Impact is around North Gujarat region(Palanpur and beyond). It was bad around Rajkot with confirmed reports of roads giving away.

However Mumbai-Ahmedabad hasn't suffered much. There will be rains but better to exercise caution and keep checking updates on Googlemaps for spikes in traffic blocks on the highway.

As of now, there is none till Ahmedabad. Have a safe one!
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 00:57   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Just be extremely cautious while navigating through Mumbai metropolis. Roads are badly broken at some places on Panvel--Turbhe and Turbhe--Airoli stretches, given the incessant heavy rains that lashed Bombay the whole last week.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2017, 08:59   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Hi Rahul,
I am planning my trip from Pune to Ahmedabad on 12th Aug leaving by 8am. Could you please share your experience and pointers if any like which route did you take and about the new bridge in bharuch?

Thanks.
Old 8th August 2017, 13:18   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Hi Rahul,
I am planning my trip from Pune to Ahmedabad on 12th Aug leaving by 8am. Could you please share your experience and pointers if any like which route did you take and about the new bridge in bharuch?

Thanks.
It is better to start from Pune by 5 am to avoid time wastage in Pune and Thane due to traffic. Better to cross Belapur by 7 am and Thane by 7:30 am. Even at 7:30 am, I have observed good amount of traffic on Thane Belapur road.

Be watchful between Lonavla and Khandala on e-way, the road had potholes. There are huge craters in the initial portion of Belapur – Thane road. This creates traffic blockages because the craters totally block 1 or 2 lanes at some places and also the vehicles need to move very slowly over these. Reaching Turbhe after 7:30 am could be frustrating. Otherwise, be prepared to spare longer time over this stretch.

If you reach Turbhe by 7 – 7:30 am, you need not take Airoli bridge, go via Kalwa. You will save two tolls worth Rs. 65. After 7:30, better to take the Airoli bridge.

After Thane, I did not encounter any problem anywhere and my journey was smooth including Bharuch. Immediately after my trip, one bridge on the NH48 (near Kheda) had to be closed for traffic because of flooding. So, if there are heavy rains, do keep enquiring about the traffic conditions ahead. Or keep referring to Google maps for traffic conditions.

Wish you a happy journey.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 16:50   #111
BHPian

Planning an Ahmedabad-Lonavala trip on Sept 30. Any idea how the road conditions are after the monsoon mahyem?
Old 10th December 2017, 19:13   #112
BHPian

Planning to go from Pune to Surat, sometime coming week. Mostly expect it to be next Sunday, hoping to get light traffic atleast while crossing Thane etc.

Any updates on this route ? Especially the Versova creek bridge. A lot of time was lost there earlier, is it all fine and working on both sides?

Starting from Pune, ideally any recommendations on when one should start, i mean early morning, or a little later like 9AM is still ok to make a start?

Hoping to get some answers.
Old 10th December 2017, 20:03   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
Any updates on this route ? Especially the Versova creek bridge. A lot of time was lost there earlier, is it all fine and working on both sides?
It's all good. Also it will depend on the time you are returning. Avoid peak evening return towards Mumbai.

See how traffic looks even now towards Mumbai:

Mumbai - Ahmedabad : Route Queries-screenshot_20171210200205.png

After this, about 4-5 kms after Choriyasi toll Plaza, there is a diversion to make way for construction of an overpass. Pass this after 11am and you should have a smooth sail.
Quote:
Starting from Pune, ideally any recommendations on when one should start, i mean early morning, or a little later like 9AM is still ok to make a start?
My experience says that you need to hit Ghodbunder by 0730am and for that please start from Pune at 0430 or max 0500. Works best, avoids Bombay/Thane traffic and easy exit onto GJ highway.

You can break your fast after Manor and Mumbai Ahmedabad road needs to specific mention of places to break as you will find plenty.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 23:57   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
It's all good. Also it will depend on the time you are returning. Avoid peak evening return towards Mumbai.

Attachment 1704528

After this, about 4-5 kms after Choriyasi toll Plaza, there is a diversion to make way for construction of an overpass. Pass this after 11am and you should have a smooth sail.
My experience says that you need to hit Ghodbunder by 0730am and for that please start from Pune at 0430 or max 0500. Works best, avoids Bombay/Thane traffic and easy exit onto GJ highway.

You can break your fast after Manor and Mumbai Ahmedabad road needs to specific mention of places to break as you will find plenty.
Thanks for a very detailed response. Iam planning to leave Pune on the 17th which is a Sunday. Hence i was wondering if around 9AM was ok. Being a Sunday does that make any difference? Since i would be traveling with extended family, 4AM or 5AM seems highly unlikely.
Old 11th December 2017, 07:57   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
Thanks for a very detailed response. Iam planning to leave Pune on the 17th which is a Sunday. Hence i was wondering if around 9AM was ok.
Being a Sunday, I expect a lot of day trippers to Mumbai from Pune. Although this may not really hamper progress towards Mumbai as traffic in that direction is usually free flowing compared to traffic heading towards Pune, If you can start early, you will have a lot of advantage in saving time getting out of Pune and at the expressway toll booth.

Crossing Mumbai at 1100 on a Sunday via Belapur Road - Airoli - Thane will be easy as traffic would be less.

Quote:
Being a Sunday does that make any difference? Since i would be traveling with extended family, 4AM or 5AM seems highly unlikely.
Never mind, I can understand. So with 0900 start from Pune, in all probabilities, without a break anywhere you should cross Ghodbunder by 1100 for sure. You can then ideally stop by for lunch and refueling before Navasari where you have a food court ('Sugar n Spice') with a lot of options along with BPCL COCO.

Ghodbunder to Sugar and Spice should take you around 2.5 Hours and that means you can break for lunch at 1330.

In case you are looking for anything earlier than this for brunch/rest rooms, Manor would be perfect choice. This will be around 45-60m after you enter NH8 at Ghodbunder. Couple of restaurants around here:

Note: Click/Touch to open hyperlinks to exact Googlemaps location.

Last edited by paragsachania : 11th December 2017 at 08:01.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 15:55   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Being a Sunday, I expect a lot of day trippers to Mumbai from Pune. Although this may not really hamper progress towards Mumbai as traffic in that direction is usually free flowing compared to traffic heading towards Pune, If you can start early, you will have a lot of advantage in saving time getting out of Pune and at the expressway toll booth.

Crossing Mumbai at 1100 on a Sunday via Belapur Road - Airoli - Thane will be easy as traffic would be less.

Never mind, I can understand. So with 0900 start from Pune, in all probabilities, without a break anywhere you should cross Ghodbunder by 1100 for sure. You can then ideally stop by for lunch and refueling before Navasari where you have a food court ('Sugar n Spice') with a lot of options along with BPCL COCO.

Ghodbunder to Sugar and Spice should take you around 2.5 Hours and that means you can break for lunch at 1330.

In case you are looking for anything earlier than this for brunch/rest rooms, Manor would be perfect choice. This will be around 45-60m after you enter NH8 at Ghodbunder. Couple of restaurants around here:

Note: Click/Touch to open hyperlinks to exact Googlemaps location.
Thanks a ton. This has been great. Helps me and many others iam sure. I will be posting journey updates soon, hopefully following your footsteps with a detailed write up on the journey.
devyaaniverma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 17:06   #117
BHPian

Hello All. I've read this thread in total and find the inputs very useful. I am travelling from Mumbai to Amd on 21st Dec. I am planning to drive down in the night to avoid day time urban traffic. I have just been once on this route back in March and night drive was pretty smooth other than the truckers who occupy the speeding lanes. I wonder driving in the night is a good option still. Please advise. Any thoughts on good places to halt for tea and refreshments would help me big as my family would be along ? Please guide. Thank you.
Old 23rd May 2018, 13:19   #118
BHPian

Quote:

Hii parag very useful bits of information you have provided for there.
I will be leaving for a Mumbai- Mount Abu road trip this monday i.e 28th May. My plan is as follows :
28th - Mumbai - Vadodara (staying at Genx as recommended by a fellow BHpain)
29th - Vad- Mt. Abu
30th - at Mt.Abu
31st - Mt.Abu - Vad
01st - Vad - Mumbai
The increase in number of stops is because of aged mom and 2.5 year old twins who limit daily drivable distances .
All days would be leaving around 09:00 am and will need good restaurants on the way. Fuel pumps have already planned and marked HP ones where i will be stopping.
Need info of good restaurants for lunch for following days at about 4 hours from the departure point :(13:00 -14:00 hrs)
28th - Mumbai - Vadodara
29th - Vad- Mt. Abu
31st - Mt.Abu - Vad
01st - Vad - Mumbai
Would also need a decent place to stay with two rooms on 31st night, preferably on the highway location itself for a quick exit the next day
Many thanks in advance.
Old 23rd May 2018, 14:07   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Need info of good restaurants for lunch for following days at about 4 hours from the departure point :(13:00 -14:00 hrs)
Quote:
28th - Mumbai - Vadodara
Mumbai- Vadodara will easily take you at least 7-8 hours if you are starting from Mumbai at 0900AM. So your first break (Lunch) will be ideally between Mumbai and Surat/Ankleshwar itself:

Here are few options in chronological order:
Quote:
29th - Vad- Mt. Abu
Pretty sure you will be taking Ahmedabad - Mehasana - Palanpur - Abu Road to reach Mount Abu. So here will be some good options apart from the fact that the intersection near Adalaj stepwell with SG Highway of Ahmedabad (Trimandir Mandir as its popularly known as ) where the L&T tolled road starts for Mehasana itself has plenty of options apart from few between Ahmedabad - Kalol- Mehasana itself.
Beyond Mehasana, Palanpur has quite a few dotted along the highway but I have personally not been there. Ideally, Vadodara to Palanpur will surely need 4 hours max and that means Palanpur can be an ideal stop for lunch break!

So Sankalp, at Palanpur and bang on the highway before Aroma Circle is a perfect pit stop for you.

Quote:
31st - Mt.Abu - Vad
For this, I would suggest either some place on SP Ring road of Ahmedabad or the NE1 Expressway food court as an ideal stop.

Quote:
01st - Vad - Mumbai
  • Honest, after Ankleshwar although this will be only around 2 hours from Vadodara. The same complex has a Food court too (CCD and Subway and others).

• The same Sugar n Spice food court that I have referred for your onward is another perfect stop between Vadodara and Mumbai because this is accessible from both sides as it is on the Median. Needles to say, this is also a popular stop to refuel as well!
Quote:
Would also need a decent place to stay with two rooms on 31st night, preferably on the highway location itself for a quick exit the next day
Many thanks in advance.
Plazzo Resorts, Bang on the highway after NE1 on Vadodara Bypass, but on the opposite side. Something I have suggested quite a few times.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by paragsachania : 23rd May 2018 at 14:09.
paragsachania is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 21:35   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Mumbai- Vadodara will easily take you at least 7-8 hours if you are starting from Mumbai at 0900AM. So your first break (Lunch) will be ideally between Mumbai and Surat/Ankleshwar itself:

Here are few options in chronological order:

Hope this helps!
Wow parag saar this is such a comprehensive list . Really useful for me and everyone on this route. Have added all POI's for luncheon. This was perfectly what i needed and turned out to be even more useful and detailed than i expected considering how perfectly you have calculated the timings for lunch.
Sugar and Spice especially seems to be a perfect location and good for both north and south bound transit.
The choice for Plazzo is also excellent and now feel bad i didn't book it Northbound . In spite of being a fantastic hotel GenX is a bit inside the city.
The highly recommended Saasuma thali is close by and makes up for this though.
Again thanks so much
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks