Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2012, 14:19   #286
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad - Goa (Bijapur-Bagalkot stretch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveencp View Post
Hi all,

I am planning to do a North Karnataka Road trip sometime towards Jan 20 timeframe. Wanted to understand the best route between Bagalkot and Bijapur (Gol Gumbuz).

3. Best route to get to Bangalore from Bijapur. If I can latch onto NH4 at Hubli, then directions from Bijapur to Hubli and best route/time. Or alternate route.
NH218 is very good 2L to drive. You said it right. The best way to Bijapur is NH4 till Hubli and NH218 till Bijapur.

But if you are planning to visit Hampi/Badam/Aihole/Pattadakal, then drive till Gadag on 63 and turn to Ron and there on to Bdaami. If this is the case, then as you said, you will need to latch on to 218 near Bagalkot.
Old 5th January 2012, 18:08   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
NH218 is very good 2L to drive. You said it right. The best way to Bijapur is NH4 till Hubli and NH218 till Bijapur.

But if you are planning to visit Hampi/Badam/Aihole/Pattadakal, then drive till Gadag on 63 and turn to Ron and there on to Bdaami. If this is the case, then as you said, you will need to latch on to 218 near Bagalkot.
Thanks for your inputs. My plan is this and some questions again!

1. Do Bangalore-Hospet. Visit Hampi.

2. From Hospet do a Koppal-Gadag-Ron-Badami. Visit Badami, Pattadkal, Aihole. Take the Raichur-Bagalkot road and hit Bagalkot by night(Relatives place).
>>> Is this entire thing doable in a day? I am not sure. And is this the best route?

3. Next, I plan to do Bagalkot-Bijapur by NH218. Visit Gol Gumbuz and stay overnight.
>>> What would be the good stay options here?
4. Next day, Leave Bijapur, take NH218 to Hubli and NH4 from Hubli to Bangalore.
>>> Right route?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Naveen
Old 5th January 2012, 19:54   #288
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1. Do Bangalore-Hospet. Visit Hampi.

2. From Hospet do a Koppal-Gadag-Ron-Badami. Visit Badami, Pattadkal, Aihole. Take the Raichur-Bagalkot road and hit Bagalkot by night(Relatives place).
>>> Is this entire thing doable in a day? I am not sure. And is this the best route?
One day for all these places? Surely not. People spend 3 days in Hampi itself!
You would need at least one day at Hampi. And at least one more for Bdaami/Pataddakal/Aihole

Check this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...itage-run.html

So basically you can reach Hubli by noon. See some places till evening,
Either you continue to Badami next day early moning and spend the full day to see Badami/Pattadakal/Aihole reach Bagalkot at night.
EDIT: I just rechecked. It would take at least 3-4 hours to reach Bdaami. So I dont think you can see all these places by evening.

Quote:
3. Next, I plan to do Bagalkot-Bijapur by NH218. Visit Gol Gumbuz and stay overnight.
>>> What would be the good stay options here?
4. Next day, Leave Bijapur, take NH218 to Hubli and NH4 from Hubli to Bangalore.
>>> Right route?

Thanks for your help in advance.

I am not sure if you need an overnight at Bagalkot. That part you can roll in for Hampi/Badami.
After you stay overnight at Bagalkot, start next day morning for Bijapur (90km), see the place and drive back to Hubli.

Last edited by ampere : 5th January 2012 at 20:08.
Old 6th January 2012, 10:00   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
One day for all these places? Surely not. People spend 3 days in Hampi itself!
You would need at least one day at Hampi. And at least one more for Bdaami/Pataddakal/Aihole

Check this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...itage-run.html

So basically you can reach Hubli by noon. See some places till evening,
Either you continue to Badami next day early moning and spend the full day to see Badami/Pattadakal/Aihole reach Bagalkot at night.
EDIT: I just rechecked. It would take at least 3-4 hours to reach Bdaami. So I dont think you can see all these places by evening.

Thanks Roger for your inputs. I guess I have not been clear with my plan. Let me put it a little more elaborate.

Day 1: Bangalore Hospet. Stay.
Day 2 : Hampi. Stay at Hospet
Day 3 :
Start from Hospet. Drive Hospet->Koppal->Gadag->Ron->Badami. Visit Badami, then onto Pattadkal and then onto Aihole. From Aihole, Drive to Bagalkot. I will stay overnight at a relatives place at Bagalkot.
Day 4 : Drive to Bijapur, see Gol Gumbuz and drive back to Bagalkot for a night halt.
Day 5 : Drive from Bagalkot to Bangalore.

Here are my questions.
1. Is day 3 doable? Is it too much of a drive? Is the route correct?
2. Thoughts on Day 4? I am assuming only Gol Gumbuz is worth a visit. any other place in the vicinity? If I plan to stay overnight at Bijapur, any hotel options? I plan to take NH218.
3. On day 5, I plan to connect to NH218, drive to Hubli and then latch onto NH4 till Bangalore. Is this route correct?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Naveen
Old 6th January 2012, 10:20   #290
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here are my questions.
1. Is day 3 doable? Is it too much of a drive? Is the route correct?
2. Thoughts on Day 4? I am assuming only Gol Gumbuz is worth a visit. any other place in the vicinity? If I plan to stay overnight at Bijapur, any hotel options? I plan to take NH218.
3. On day 5, I plan to connect to NH218, drive to Hubli and then latch onto NH4 till Bangalore. Is this route correct?
- This puts things in perspective. Day 3 is definitely doable. A bit tight albeit, but doable.
- No idea about hotels in Bijapur.
- Nh218/NH4 is the correct route, . Nice and fast.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 16:09   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Hyderabad-Jadcherla-Raichur-Lingsugur-Mudgal-Hungund-Bagalkot-Lokapur-Belgaum-Chandgad-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Panjim : 750kms

Can this route be done in 14 hours? Has anyone taken this route in the recent past?

Inputs would be great !
Old 24th January 2012, 16:29   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hyderabad-Jadcherla-Raichur-Lingsugur-Mudgal-Hungund-Bagalkot-Lokapur-Belgaum-Chandgad-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Panjim : 750kms

Can this route be done in 14 hours? Has anyone taken this route in the recent past?

Inputs would be great !
14 might just be possible with some aggressive driving.else 16hrs should see you do it comfortably.check with sahir kittur who drove from belgaum to hyd and back via this route.

Also why do you want to goa via belgaum amboli?i would suggest that you go via hubli nh67 ankola karwar madgaon panjim.roads are great throughout and personally i like the vistas on this route as opposed to the boring landscapes of sawantwadi you should be in panjim in 5hrs at your slowest best from hubli
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 16:46   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
14 might just be possible with some aggressive driving.else 16hrs should see you do it comfortably.check with sahir kittur who drove from belgaum to hyd and back via this route.

Also why do you want to goa via belgaum amboli?i would suggest that you go via hubli nh67 ankola karwar madgaon panjim.roads are great throughout and personally i like the vistas on this route as opposed to the boring landscapes of sawantwadi you should be in panjim in 5hrs at your slowest best from hubli
Are you recommending this route?

Hyderabad-Jadcherla-Raichur-Lingsugur-Mudgal-Hungund-Bagalkot-Lokapur-Belgaum-Hubli-NH67-Ankola-Karwar-Margao-Panjim

How much approximate time would it take to reach Hubli if i take above route?

I drove till Benualim and upto karwar border when touring goa in past but, never entered goa from south side. Is the view better from south?

I thought Amboli and Sawantwadi views were simply awesome especially in monsoons?
Old 24th January 2012, 21:17   #294
BHPian

Quote:

Hyderabad-Jadcherla-Raichur-Lingsugur-Mudgal-Hungund-Bagalkot-Lokapur-Belgaum-Hubli-NH67-Ankola-Karwar-Margao-Panjim

I drove till Benualim and upto karwar border when touring goa in past but, never entered goa from south side. Is the view better from south?

I thought Amboli and Sawantwadi views were simply awesome especially in monsoons?
Is there a reason you want to take the route you mentioned in bold?
If you plan to go to goa via Hubli take the following route upto Hubli.
Hyd - Jadcherla - Raichur - Gangawati - Hubli.
This road is mostly 2 laned with decent roads with odd pot holes in between. One small stretch is bad in this.

Or if day driving, go Via Humnabad - Gulbarga - Bagalkhot - Hubli. That will be apt for your cruze as the road stretch is good mostly. I am only concerned about this route, because I will be driving at night.

Edit: I saw that you are planning in 3rd Week of Feb. I will be travelling in this stretch in the 2nd week of Feb. I will update you as soon as I return about the roads I take.
I will not be going to Goa. I will be going to Gokarna. But Road upto Hubli might be common

Last edited by himavanth_m : 24th January 2012 at 21:23.
Old 24th January 2012, 22:56   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008

No to reach hubli take the route himavanth suggested.nh 67 is surrounded by lush green forest following which the drove through karwar is enjoyable.you would also get to see glimpses of the navy's ambitious seabird project at karwar.also you would observe that between hubli and ankola the distinct presence of the sayyedi tribes.
Old 25th January 2012, 13:37   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
Is there a reason you want to take the route you mentioned in bold?
If you plan to go to goa via Hubli take the following route upto Hubli.
Hyd - Jadcherla - Raichur - Gangawati - Hubli.
This road is mostly 2 laned with decent roads with odd pot holes in between. One small stretch is bad in this.

Or if day driving, go Via Humnabad - Gulbarga - Bagalkhot - Hubli. That will be apt for your cruze as the road stretch is good mostly. I am only concerned about this route, because I will be driving at night.

My tentative plan is to leave on Feb 16th morning around 4:30AM from Hyderabad. I like your suggestion as I have driven a few months ago to Hampi so I know the route and expected condition until Gangawati

Can you fill in the blanks for below route with two options ( Scenic and Shortest?). I am planning to take 2 different routes while going and coming back for sake of adventure. I just dont want to take my regular route of Solapur-Kolaphur-Sawantwadi-Panjim.

Iam thinking :-

Onward
Hyd - Jadcherla - Raichur - Gangawati - Hubli-??-??-Which route to be taken after Hubli to Panjim?

Return
Panjim-??-??-??-Bijapur-Gulbarga-Humnabad -Zaheerabad-Hyderabad

Also appreciate your detailed feedback on road conditions if you happen to drive on this route before I head out from Hyderabad.

Old 25th January 2012, 13:42   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My tentative plan is to leave on Feb 16th morning around 4:30AM from Hyderabad. I like your suggestion as I have driven a few months ago to Hampi so I know the route and expected condition until Gangawati

Can you fill in the blanks for below route with two options ( Scenic and Shortest?). I am planning to take 2 different routes while going and coming back for sake of adventure. I just dont want to take my regular route of Solapur-Kolaphur-Sawantwadi-Panjim.

Iam thinking :-

Onward
Hyd - Jadcherla - Raichur - Gangawati - Hubli-??-??-Which route to be taken after Hubli to Panjim?

Return

Also appreciate your detailed feedback on road conditions if you happen to drive on this route before I head out from Hyderabad.

If you are planning to return via Bijapur and Gulbarga, then please avoid the route via Sankeshwar->Gokak->Mahalingpur->Jamkhandi->Bijapur. It was the worst road i've driven on in my entire life.

Instead, after Sankeshwar, turn left at Hukeri and proceed to Bijapur via Chikkodi and Athni. Lucifer used this route for his onward journey. It has few bad patches, but not for a long stretch. This is also the route Zappo used a couple of years back.

There could be a better route via Belgaum->Hubli->Bagalkot->Bijapur, but I am not all that sure.
Old 25th January 2012, 13:43   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Onward

Return
From Hubli,get onto NH4 and cut across to connect to NH67.Look for directions to Yellapur-Ankola.From Ankola take a right onto NH17 onwards to Karwar-Madgaon-Panjim
Old 25th January 2012, 13:51   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
If you are planning to return via Bijapur and Gulbarga, then please avoid the route via Sankeshwar->Gokak->Mahalingpur->Jamkhandi->Bijapur. It was the worst road i've driven on in my entire life.

Instead, after Sankeshwar, turn left at Hukeri and proceed to Bijapur via Chikkodi and Athni. Lucifer used this route for his onward journey. It has few bad patches, but not for a long stretch. This is also the route Zappo used a couple of years back.

There could be a better route via Belgaum->Hubli->Bagalkot->Bijapur, but I am not all that sure.
Boy! any other route apart from my patented route seems too darn complicated. Will need to jot down these things in an excel sheet if i decide to take this route so i dont land myself into craters and pothole world

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
From Hubli,get onto NH4 and cut across to connect to NH67.Look for directions to Yellapur-Ankola.From Ankola take a right onto NH17 onwards to Karwar-Madgaon-Panjim
Iam unable to find this route on googlemaps
Old 25th January 2012, 14:22   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Iam unable to find this route on googlemaps
This is the route,sorry I messed up with the numbering,it is NH63 and not 67.

Hubli, Karnataka to Ankola, Karnataka - Google Maps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks