Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2012, 21:58   #436
BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The option via Bagalkot/Belgaum is apt as you intend to go to Calangute (North Goa).
No point going to Hubli.
Thank you, any idea on the current road conditions. How long it might take?

Any issues to be kept in mind?
Old 20th October 2012, 22:20   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
Thank you, any idea on the current road conditions. How long it might take?

Any issues to be kept in mind?
Budget for a 12-14hr drive irrespective of the route.
Old 21st October 2012, 12:31   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

after reading through few more logs here, considering these options, please help finalize the best one. I intent to be at Calangunte. However top priority is a decent road -

route - 1
Hyderabad - Mahboobnagar- Raichur- Lingsugur- Hungund- Bagalkot- Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi- Goa

route - 2
Hyd - Raichur - Sindhanur - Gangawati - Koppal - Hubli - Goa

I start on Monday early morning, would appreciate quick response and any other details to make notes of.

Thanks
sri
Srikanth,

We went to Goa Aug last week but stayed in South Goa. I second the opinion that it will take about 10 - 12 hrs.

If you are going via Bellary then the craters you need to watch out for and try not to get caught between the mining trucks. Recently Supreme Court has allowed selected mining in Bellary district - so you may find these trucks everywhere. We spent at least an hour going at 30kmph behind these trucks on lousy dusty roads with no room to pass. Of course I drove my Qualis so that was an additional consideration.

- Krishnan
Old 21st October 2012, 12:48   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post

Though I have tried to guide you in the right direction, but if you don't find it, try to locate Ashoka hotel near the Raichur - Mantralaya road. It is a walking distance from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suresheadala View Post
I guess the restaurant name is Priya.
You guys are talking about Kubera palace. A stinking bar in the underground and a veg restaurant in the first/ground floor which is decent. It has icici atm at the entrance.

Quote:
Hi Guys,

after reading through few more logs here, considering these options, please help finalize the best one. I intent to be at Calangunte. However top priority is a decent road -

route - 1
Hyderabad - Mahboobnagar- Raichur- Lingsugur- Hungund- Bagalkot- Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi- Goa

route - 2
Hyd - Raichur - Sindhanur - Gangawati - Koppal - Hubli - Goa

I start on Monday early morning, would appreciate quick response and any other details to make notes of.

Thanks
sri
You have nothing to worry to worry upto sindanur. plan gangawati-koppal-hubli stretch during day hours. hubli-dharwad-belgaum-amboli-sawantwadi-north goa. you have nothing to worry about this stretch.
Old 21st October 2012, 14:23   #440
BHPian

I just spoke to mobike and received pm from blackbeast that hubli route is certainly the one for as they know it.

Route 1- they are not aware. Anyone travelled on this route before?

Thanks
Sri
Old 21st October 2012, 19:05   #441
BHPian

Raichur - Bagalkot route is good but lonely especially after dark. You have the usual rumblers before-after the villages on the way. I did that about a year back - all I recall, (I was starting in twilight zone from Bagalkot) is that it was much more good looking to the eye than route-2 in your list.
Old 21st October 2012, 19:26   #442
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I just spoke to mobike and received pm from blackbeast that hubli route is certainly the one for as they know it.

Thanks
Sri
Bagalkot-Lokapur-Yaragatti-Belgaum is a very good SH.
But you should NOT take the Bagalkot-Chikkodi-Nippani road. Its really bad.
Go via Belgaum only.

Here is HVK's reference (dated a year back). But I hope the roads have not changed that much.

All the best and have a safe drive.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 10:30   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Sri
The Lingsugur route is good,no problems.Go via Belgaum its easier and better roads.Somebody I know of,took the route a couple of months back and reported good roads
Old 22nd October 2012, 11:50   #444
BHPian

Quote:
It would be horrible in streches - Zaheerabad > Humnabad and while on the Humnabad > Gulbarga strech, there is a broken bridge, one would need to pass through Kamalapur(I hope the name's right), horrible strech of 20 kms or so - would take atleast 1.5 hrs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enragz View Post
"Bridge under repair near Gulbarga, traffic diverted. Did 30-40 km of offroading. Took more then One and half hours to cover that distance. "
I have driven on this route on 19.10.2012; IMHO, this stretch should be avoided at all costs

Quote:
I was told about Gulbarga - Sedam - Pargi which will later touch the Vikarabad highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enragz View Post
Night_Hawk do share your experience as soon as you can. I plan to leave for Goa late night on 23rd.
IMHO, the better option between Gulbargah - Hyderabad is
Gulbargah- Sedam-Pargi - Hyderabad (if the 8 Km horrible crater filled stretch is forgiven)
I have driven on this route on 21.10.2012. I was discouraged by the locals at Sedam from taking the option of Sedam -Chincholi - NH9 Junction, becuase of bad road conditions between Sedam - Chincholi and NH9 connection (near Zaheerabad)

Last edited by Night_Hawk : 22nd October 2012 at 11:56. Reason: details added
Old 22nd October 2012, 16:01   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
You guys are talking about Kubera palace. A stinking bar in the underground and a veg restaurant in the first/ground floor which is decent. It has icici atm at the entrance.
I am not sure of the name but it did not have any atm at the entrance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post
I have driven on this route on 19.10.2012; IMHO, this stretch should be avoided at all costs

IMHO, the better option between Gulbargah - Hyderabad is
Gulbargah- Sedam-Pargi - Hyderabad (if the 8 Km horrible crater filled stretch is forgiven)

I have driven on this route on 21.10.2012. I was discouraged by the locals at Sedam from taking the option of Sedam -Chincholi - NH9 Junction, becuase of bad road conditions between Sedam - Chincholi and NH9 connection (near Zaheerabad)
Exactly, that strech viz Humnabad is a pain. Gulbarga - Sedam - Pargi - Hyderabad is far far better, though that 8kms on the border is only for offroaders.
Fiest@DuraTec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 07:56   #446
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I took route no 1, we started at 5am, checked in at 8 pm. Afte raichur took me 2 hrs to cross some 40 kms, rest is ok till belgaum.

On the way to bagalkot i noticed a 4 lane higway, showing hyd 438km, solapur, 190, which one is this?

Any shortcut good road to get on this?

Is kolapur, solapur 4 laned?

I want to come back a bit faster, baby somehow coped the 15 hr drive, it was a surprise to me, all in all no traffic in the route ampere suggested, total was 730km but took this long after i drove most roads past 100-120 speeds.
Old 23rd October 2012, 08:18   #447
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Guys,
On the way to bagalkot i noticed a 4 lane higway, showing hyd 438km, solapur, 190, which one is this?
Did you cut/cross this 4-lane road while going to Bagalkot?
If yes, then I think its the NH13 which is being upgraded to 4-lane.
So looks like work is in full swing?

EDIT:
As per Wikipedia, work from Bijapur to Ilkal is almost complete. I think you must have crossed this stretch on your way to Bagalkot.
Thats very probable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Highway_13_(India)

Quote:
I want to come back a bit faster, baby somehow coped the 15 hr drive, it was a surprise to me, all in all no traffic in the route ampere suggested,
total was 730km but took this long after i drove most roads past 100-120 speeds.
A distance around 700 is what you should typically see. Add to it the distance you see within Goa.

Hyd-Goa via Raichur/Belgaum

Last edited by ampere : 23rd October 2012 at 08:24.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 09:31   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I took route no 1, we started at 5am, checked in at 8 pm. After raichur took me 2 hrs to cross some 40 kms, rest is ok till belgaum.
Why did it take you 2 hours ? Are you talking about crossing after Raichur or Gangawati or was there a roadblock due to some reason ?
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:05   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I want to come back a bit faster, baby somehow coped the 15 hr drive, it was a surprise to me, all in all no traffic in the route ampere suggested, total was 730km but took this long after i drove most roads past 100-120 speeds.
Thats the NH13 and is of no use for you.If you want to break journey on your way back,then you can either come via Bijapur-stay the night at Hotel Pearl Bijapur or else come via Kolhapur-Sangole-Mangalwedha-Solapur stay t Hotel City Park , Hotel Lotus are the places,or else come via Goa-Karwar-Hubli-Hospet and stay at Hotel Malligi or Royal Orchid at Hospet.All these places come within a 7-8hr drive from Goa.

OT:Babies generally do not have problems with drives from my personal experience.Make them comfy in the back seat and they would be more than happy.Babies are the most adaptive beings of the human race!We began travelling cross country with our little one from the time she was 11months.Its the adults who take care of the babies who have a problem
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 12:09   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Why did it take you 2 hours ? Are you talking about crossing after Raichur or Gangawati or was there a roadblock due to some reason ?
The road was bad here, alot of potholes, patches, broken few areas. Doable only at 20-40km. Once we crossed this it was smoooth till belgaum barring another 4km at hungund, there is bridge work going on slowing us down considerably.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks