Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2014, 23:51   #691

Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-imageuploadedbyteambhp1419531419.007756.jpg
The highlighted route is mehbubnagar-->raichur-->bagalkote-->belgaum and the one on top of that is Hyd-->kalaburagi-->bagalkote-->belgaum
I'm confused between these two. Both of these look like highways to me. Any advice?
Old 26th December 2014, 02:43   #692
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Hyd-Gulbarga-Raichur-Bijapur-Athni-Kolhapur-Belgaum-Chorla-Sanquelim-Final destination.

Roads are ok to good.Budget for 12-14hrs of drive.

Carry original RC,License,PUC,Insurance-original.
Hyd-Gulbarga-Raichur

Gulbarga- Raichur road has always been horrible.

Waseem.....
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 13:16   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Hyd-Gulbarga-Raichur

Gulbarga- Raichur road has always been horrible.

Waseem.....
Got that wrong totally!I was thinking of bijapur all the while.Lesson learnt-not a good practise to give route inputs when you are sleepy just like not to drive when you are sleepy.
Old 30th December 2014, 23:40   #694
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning a night halt in Bijapur on the way to Goa from Hyd.

Which of the below routes is currently better & faster to reach Bijapur from Hyd?

1) Hyd->Zaheerabad->Humnabad->Gulbarga->Bijapur

2) Hyd->Chevella->Pargi->Sedam->Gulbarga->Bijapur

There is no clear conclusion from previous posts on this topic.
Old 31st December 2014, 07:13   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamateen46 View Post
2) Hyd->Chevella->Pargi->Sedam->Gulbarga->Bijapur

There is no clear conclusion from previous posts on this topic.

Beyond a doubt parigi chevella sedam gulbarga bijapur route is the best route.It would take you forever to reach zaheerabad given the present state of affairs of NH9!
Old 2nd January 2015, 15:13   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinkgogia View Post
Attachment 1322063
The highlighted route is mehbubnagar-->raichur-->bagalkote-->belgaum and the one on top of that is Hyd-->kalaburagi-->bagalkote-->belgaum
I'm confused between these two. Both of these look like highways to me. Any advice?

mehbubnagar-->raichur-->bagalkote-->belgaum is one the better routes to Goa from Hyderabad. We travelled last year and the route was in good condition. But it is not a national highway for most of the distance up to Bagalkote. But its scenic once u touch Bagalkote from Hyderabad
Old 2nd January 2015, 19:25   #697
Senior - BHPian

I agree with ranjitp1 on the best route for the present. The one via Mehbubnagar and Raichur has some bad stretches around Shaktinagar and also between Raichur and Bagalkote, per reports of people who've travelled in the past few months.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 12:53   #698

Hey guys we just got back from Goa on the 4th of Jan and this is the route that we took on the way back. Excellent route with no problems at all whatsoever.

We were at south goa so took the route below. People coming from Panjim also can take this route.

Madgao/Panjim - Chorla Ghat - Belgaum - Bagalkote - Bijapur - Humnabad - Sangareddy - Shamirpet via ORR

On the way to Goa we did a mistake of not taking the Bagalkote route and we paid a heavy price of going through pathetic sugar cane infested tractor dominated road.
From Bijapur on the way to Belgaum you will come across a junction where left takes you Bagalkote and right takes you to Belgaum - Avoid this and take the Bagalkote route to get to Belgaum and take the Chorla Ghat (250Rs toll at ends but excellent roads)

A few road shots

Bagalkote - Belgaum Stretch
Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-dsc_8554.jpg

Chorla Ghats
Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-15590740433_34c4eb9583_k.jpg

Some stunning views in the ghat sections best time to pass this area is early doors
Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-15590754133_25d3433dc4_k.jpg
AviG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 13:51   #699
BHPian

What's approx time for Goa - Hyderabad via chorla - bagalkotte bijapur - humnabad - sangareddy -shamirpet
Old 19th January 2015, 14:29   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
What's approx time for Goa - Hyderabad via chorla - bagalkotte bijapur - humnabad - sangareddy -shamirpet
Irrespective of the route you take,budget for 12-14 hrs of drive between Hyderabad and any place in Goa.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 18:09   #701
BHPian

I went in October
hyd ORR - parigi - sedam -Gulbarga - bagalkote - belgaum - choral ghat
we started at 4 and reached by 4 in the evening.
this includes time to fix a flat tire
very good road
SyncNest is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 16:20   #702
BHPian

Hello guys,
5-6 of us are planning a Goa trip in the 2nd week of feb for 4 days.

I do not like to take my car out there since
the fuel charges would be high due to my car being a petrol[ Swift Vxi], less boot space and 5 people inside can feel crampy for such long drives.

Hence we are thinking of either
1. Taking a bus from Hyderabad to Goa and there, we could rent a car,
or
2. Hire a self driven car from Hyderabad itself.

I would like to hear your valuable suggestions about trustworthy and economic self-driven car hiring agencies. Also would the route options be very helpful .

Looking forward for your suggestions.

Last edited by poised2drive : 31st January 2015 at 16:25.
Old 16th February 2015, 17:29   #703
BHPian

I went to Goa during last week.

Traveled from Rajahmundry (AP) to Gulbarga on day 1 & Gulbarga to Goa on day 2.

Rajahmundry to Hyderabad was via Vijayawada. Needless to say excellent highway particularly after Vijayawada.

Hyderabad to Gulbarga via Chevella - Pargi - Sedam.

Gulbarga to Goa via Bijapur - Bagalkot - Belgaum - Chorla.

Took the same route on way back, except that I traveled from Goa to Hyderabad on day 1 and remaining on day 2.

Overall roads beyond Hyderabad are decent but all are old-style single lane highways, which means slower and more attentive driving. However, roads around Pargi - Chevella were very narrow and as I was returning after dark it was strenuous.
penpusher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 16:15   #704

Hello Guys

6 of us close buddies just returned to Hyderabad after a short trip to Goa over the Good Friday weekend. After some research on this forum on the route conditions,we finally decided on -

UP -

Hyderabad - Parigi - Sedam - Gulbarga - Jewargi - Bijapur - Bagalkot - Belgaum - Chorla Ghat - Majorda(Goa)
1. Started at 02:30 PM on 02nd April, Thursday from Madhapur in 2 cars - Swift LDi and Ritz VDi (ABS)
2. Hyderabad to Parigi - 85 KMS average road with few uneven patches
2. From Sedam, Instead of going to Gulbarga, we took a short cut to Jewargi via Shahbad (to avoid 20 odd kms of extra travel)- which in hindsight was a wrong decision. Punished with cratered roads for 10 kms.
3. Rest of the journey upto Belgaum was eventless with reasonably well tarred 2 laned SH.
4. Travelled peacefully and reached Belgaum at 01:00 AM and rested till 03:00 AM.
5. Started for Goa via Khanapur (instead of Chorla as planned earlier) as one of our friend enquired about the route condition from some passing truck guy in Belgaum who suggested Khanapur.
6. 45 minutes into the journey from Belgaum and armed with google maps on our smartphones, we landed up in the middle of Bhimgad wildlife forest by 4:00 AM with no cell network.
7. Aftera 1.5 hours of directionless driving through semi pot holed narrow roads we reached Mollem.
8. The detour was bit scary but everyone was really excited as we got to see a herd of Bisons, Jackals, rabbits and Sambar
9. Finally reached Majorda, Goa by 07:00 AM on 03rd April, Friday.

DOWN -

Majorda (Goa) - Chorla Ghat - Belgaum - Bagalkot - Bijapur - Jewargi - Gulbarga - Sedam - Parigi - Hyderabad
10. On the return journey, we decided to stick to our original route
11. Started at 06:00 AM on 06th April, Monday from Majorda, Goa
12. Reached Bagalkot by 11:45 AM.
13. Instead of going to Bijapur, we decided to try (got a bit adventurous) Raichur - Mahbubnagar - Bhootpur - Hyderabad
14. This was the biggest mistake of our otherwise well planned holiday.
15. Bagalkot - Raichur - 200 kms of average road but with speed breakers and tons of villages
16. Raichur to Mahbubnagar - 105 Kms - Average road with few pot holed stretches and 20% of it under expansion
17. Mahbubnagar - Hyderabad - 100 Kms - Do i need to say anything...AWESOME!!
18. Reached Gachibowli by 08:00 PM

My Dear Friends, unless you wish to get adventurous, i would humbly request all HYD-GOA road travellers to travel by this route - PERIOD.

Hyderabad - Parigi - Sedam - Gulbarga - Jewargi - Bijapur - Bagalkot - Belgaum - Chorla Ghat - Majorda(Goa)

1. Hyderabad - Parigi - 90 KMS
2. Parigi - Sedam - 70 Kms
3. Sedam - Gulbarga - 50 Kms
4. Gulbarga - Jewargi - 40 Kms
5. Jewargi - Bijapur - 123 Kms
6. Bijapur - Bagalkot - 84 Kms
7. Bagalkot - Belgaum - 145 Kms
8. Belgaum - Majorda, Goa (via Chorla Ghat) - 126 Kms

Total - 728 Kms
pradeepvarma1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 09:14   #705

After much trawling in the forum I recently took Hyderbad Goa road trip over weekend in my Honda City during weekend of 17th Sept'15

Down trip the route i took was -

Hyderbad - Parigi- Sedam- Jewarji (Via Shahbad) - Bijapur - Bagalkote -Belgaum - Chorla Ghat - North Goa

1. Started from Hyderabad took ORR then exited at Himyatsagar, then headed to Parigi via Chavella - Average road with few uneven patches.
2. Then I headed to Sedam and to avoid going Gulbarga I took shortcut route to Jewarji via Shahbad. - My advice avoid this route - road filled with potholes and road in very bad condition. Instead head to gulbarga take ring road and exit jewarji. It will add few kms but will save the potholes.
3. Jewarji to Belgaum - No issues smooth road - lots of speed breakers while approaching the villages so take care. Else you can easily drive at 100-120 kms/hr speed.
4. Belgaum to chorla ghat bicholim and Arpora (North goa).

Total distance - 700 kms took 12 hrs including breaks and tank top up.
Started at 7:30 AM in morning reached 7:30 PM in evening. I was the lone driver

Up trip was pretty much same expect took other route from Gulbarga. Top up tank in Goa as fuel (petrol) is cheap by 10 bucks.

North Goa - Chorla - Belgaum - Bagalkote - Bijapur - Jewarji- Gulbarga - Humanabad - Zaheerabad - Hyderabad

1. Trip up Gulbarga was pretty much same as while we had going down. Roads are pretty good again after Belgaum on Bachi Raichur highway you can easily hit 110-120 Kmph speed. Again dotted with numerous villages and potholes. Traffic was also sparse on the day I drove.
2. After Gulbarga I thought up to take other route going via Humanabad and Zaheerabad. As i needed to travel to Zaheerabad few days later. I though will check this route. Route upto Humanabad is very good. But once you enter NH9 the nightmare starts. Roads are in very bad condition till Hyderabad - 4 laning work going on. This was a very bad decision and had to suffer the potholes for nearly 120 odd kms.

My advice is take this route

Hyderbad - Parigi- Sedam- Jewarji (Via Gulbarga) - Bijapur - Bagalkote -Belgaum - Chorla Ghat - North Goa

Total toll - 10 bucks for using ORR
70 bucks for using Karnataka highways from sedam i think
250 bucks Goa entering fee after Chorla.
racy846 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks