Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 12:54   #706
BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by racy846 View Post
2. Then I headed to Sedam and to avoid going Gulbarga I took shortcut route to Jewarji via Shahbad. - My advice avoid this route - road filled with potholes and road in very bad condition. Instead head to gulbarga take ring road and exit jewarji. It will add few kms but will save the potholes.
Can you confirm whether both the sections of the road (SH 10 to Shahabad and Shahabad to NH 218) are bad or only the first section?
Old 23rd September 2015, 14:29   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racy846 View Post
After much trawling in the forum I recently took Hyderbad Goa road trip over weekend in my Honda City during weekend of 17th Sept'15

Down trip the route i took was -

Hyderbad - Parigi- Sedam- Jewarji (Via Shahbad) - Bijapur - Bagalkote -Belgaum - Chorla Ghat - North Goa
Thank you Racy846,

This came just in time. A few of my friends are planning Gokarna this weekend and they were very skeptical about the Hyderabad > Raichur > Sindhanoor > Gadag > Hubli > Gokarna route because the Raichur > Sindanoor > Gadag is the most pathetic roads. Roads from Gadag > Hubli > Gokarna are in pretty decent shape.

Total Distance - 677KM

Even if slightly longer I would advice them to take Hyderbad - Parigi- Sedam- Jewarji (Via Gulbarga) - Bijapur - Bagalkote - Hubli - Gokarna.

Total Distance - 741KM.

The additional 64KM distance should not be an issue at all when compared to the torturous drive they would be avoiding on the bad stretch mentioned above.

I will post their feedback on their return.

Cheers,
pdma
Old 26th September 2015, 21:39   #708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landkruzer View Post
Can you confirm whether both the sections of the road (SH 10 to Shahabad and Shahabad to NH 218) are bad or only the first section?
SH 10 to Shahbad route is good for first few kms but later its worse. Near Shahbad ACC cements there is almost no road. But from Shahbad to NH218 is average. Shouldnt be much of an issue.
racy846 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 14:37   #709
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, need help for a friend.
What is the best route for Ponda to Hyderabad ?
He will be reaching Ponda early morning and then driving from there starting around 10am.
Please give detailed route and road conditions and places to stop for breaks on the way.
Old 28th September 2015, 11:05   #710
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
He will be reaching Ponda early morning and then driving from there starting around 10am.
Please give detailed route and road conditions and places to stop for breaks on the way.

Ponda-Sanquelim-Chorla-Belgaum-Bagalkot-Bijapur-Gulbarga-Sedam-Parigi-Hyd

Option for food: Belgaum.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 13:09   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Option for food: Belgaum.
10am start will see him in Belgaum at 2pm or maybe earlier depending on his driving speed.
Hotel Sankam Residency is a good option for lunch. No diversion needed as it is very much on the way.
Next break can be at one of the many food outlets opposite ESIC Super Speciality Hospital in Gulbarga.
Last halt can be at Haritha opposite deer park just before APPA junction or within the city.
Assuming he will take around 12 hours or so including halts.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 14:28   #712
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
How are the road conditions on this route ? Is there any alternate route ? Reason I'm asking is my friend is in the logistics/transportation business and was told by one of his truckers that route is closer via Kolhapur but bad in many stretches, what route could he have had in mind ?

Last edited by NPV : 28th September 2015 at 14:36.
Old 29th September 2015, 08:26   #713
BHPian

Quote:
How are the road conditions on this route ? Is there any alternate route ? Reason I'm asking is my friend is in the logistics/transportation business and was told by one of his truckers that route is closer via Kolhapur but bad in many stretches, what route could he have had in mind ?
This route is tried and tested and the best of other routes, but a bit longer. Kolhapur route I heard is not that driveable. Its all a SH and KA roads are prone to speed breakers, so watch out.
dre@ms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 17:13   #714
BHPian

Belgaum Bagalkot is a breeze to drive. Bagalkot Bijapur has a few patchy stretches which are minimal. Bijapur Gulbarga is again a breeze. Easily the best route from Goa
Old 29th September 2015, 18:35   #715
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
This route is tried and tested and the best of other routes, but a bit longer. Kolhapur route I heard is not that driveable. Its all a SH and KA roads are prone to speed breakers, so watch out.
My friend called me to update on his progress. Ponda-chorla-belgaum was very bad with lots of potholes.
Road conditions improved from Belgaum but 2 laned undivided road plus several speed breakers is making it a slow drive
He was still about 100km short of Bijapur when we spoke last.
Old 29th September 2015, 20:25   #716
BHPian

Quote:
My friend called me to update on his progress. Ponda-chorla-belgaum was very bad with lots of potholes.
Road conditions improved from Belgaum but 2 laned undivided road plus several speed breakers is making it a slow drive
He was still about 100km short of Bijapur when we spoke last.
Chorla route is in great condition. Not even a single pothole I spotted when I took the route 2 weeks back.

I guess he would have taken the Ponda-Mollem-Ramnagar-Khanapur-Belgaum route, which is in bad condition.
Landkruzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 21:15   #717
Team-BHP Support

I think the section he referred to must have been Ponda to Sanquelim. I dont know how the interior roads are. But beyond that it should be good.
Old 1st October 2015, 14:07   #718
BHPian

A few of my friends did this route last weekend.

Hyderbad - Parigi- Sedam- Jewarji (Via Gulbarga) - Bijapur - bypass bagalkote via Almatti route -Belgaum - Chorla Ghat - Goa.

They said the roads are in good condition, however there are tons of spreed breakers at the entry & exit point of the villages, as already pointed out by many here.

cheers,
pdma.
Old 8th October 2015, 23:57   #719
BHPian

Based on the last few posts, I've come up with this route: https://goo.gl/maps/5hbeGwm76aR2

Can someone please confirm if this route is OK and is doable by motorcycle?
Old 9th October 2015, 04:59   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Based on the last few posts, I've come up with this route: https://goo.gl/maps/5hbeGwm76aR2

Can someone please confirm if this route is OK and is doable by motorcycle?
Yes, the best and doable.

Bijapur has a bye-pass so no need to go through the town unless you wish to break journey or eat at Kamat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks