Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2016, 09:16   #841
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Hello guys, planning on a Goa trip in Jan second week. Have seen the route that has been most recommended by all. What I wanted to know was whether it's possible to cover the route in a single day's driving without over exertion. Plan on starting from Hyd by around 0500.
Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 11:29   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3077 View Post
Hello guys, planning on a Goa trip in Jan second week. Have seen the route that has been most recommended by all. What I wanted to know was whether it's possible to cover the route in a single day's driving without over exertion. Plan on starting from Hyd by around 0500.
Thanks
Depends on individual driving skills and capacity and capability. It will take 12 to 15 hours.
Old 1st December 2016, 11:37   #843
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Depends on individual driving skills and capacity and capability. It will take 12 to 15 hours.
Quote:
Thanks
Like Hyd Traveller mentioned, it purely depends on your driving skill and i personally feel anything beyond 13 hours means either you are spending too much time taking breaks or driving at <100kmph even on nice 4 lane highways

I have travelled plenty of times from Hyderabad to Goa by road and my fastest time was 10.5 hours and slowest was 12.5 hours

This is the best route to goa so look no further

If you start at 5:00am and drive liesurely you will still reach goa latest by 6:00pm in the evening so go ahead and enjoy the drive
Old 2nd December 2016, 07:55   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks
Except the stretch between Jevargi and Bijapur, rest of the route is very good. You should be able to reach between 7 or 8 PM. I traveled in October and it took me 14 hrs including quality time spent at Amboli waterfalls.
Old 4th December 2016, 18:39   #845
BHPian

Like Hunter3077, we too are planning to drive to Goa in January. However, we are headed for Varca, so I guess the route he is referring to wouldn't apply to us, since he is headed for the north of Goa.

Further, the last posts on this thread containing information on the route to South Goa from Belgaum are way back in 2012. Given the dynamic nature of condition of Indian roads, can I have an update on the route after Belgaum? Or do I follow just follow Google Maps?
Old 8th December 2016, 09:42   #846
BHPian

Any suggestions for budget hotels if I want to break the journey from Goa to -hyd over two days. Belgaum seemed too early and bagalkot and raichur didn't had many options.
Old 8th December 2016, 09:50   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
Any suggestions for budget hotels if I want to break the journey from Goa to -hyd over two days. Belgaum seemed too early and bagalkot and raichur didn't had many options.
Depends on the route you take. You have not mentioned the route you are taking.
Old 8th December 2016, 13:12   #848
BHPian

Quote:

Hotel Pearl in Bijapur. It's exactly halfway in the journey. The hotel itself is on the main road opp. Gol Gumbaz. Decent food & stay for overnight.
Old 9th December 2016, 00:15   #849
BHPian

Google suggests raichur route however from the thread understand Bijapur route is better. Any advice on route?
Old 9th December 2016, 13:40   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Google suggests raichur route however from the thread understand Bijapur route is better. Any advice on route?
Recent reports suggest that Raichur route has improved and is at par or better. But. I will refrain from comparing both the routes unless I myself use them.
Old 10th December 2016, 08:00   #851
BHPian

Quick update
Goa-bagalkot via belgaum : Good roads. Small diversion but manageable. No tolls. Ghat section was amazing. Lunch at Sankam residency - Good food. FYI room rates are 3000 for deluxe ac
Bagalkot - Bijapur : We chose to take this road as we booked Hotel Pearl.
Route and Road: Take a left turn when the signboard shows 11kms to Bagalkot and 201 kms to Raichur,it's a big crossing with bus stoppages so one won't miss it. A small stretch of no roads but doable. Bouncy roads otherwise but one can maintain 60-80 speed, watch out for the unmarked speed breakers. No place to eat or loo. Topography was awesome flat farm lands with hillocks.
Hotel Pea Thank you aamateen46 for this, a good hotel, nice and clean ₹950 for an ac room. The hotel is a bit fussy about couples and even wanted to see our marriage certificate finally had to show him marriage pics before he gave us the room so newly Wed couples have some proof of marriage. Attached restaurant which serves Indian and Chinese which was good.
Will update on the next leg of the journey shortly.

FYI, no one in Goa is accepting cards, so if anyone plans to travel please carry enough cash. On our three days stay we just found two shop (apparels and cashew shop) who accepted card so please go prepared. ATM lines are not so long though
Old 10th December 2016, 14:04   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Quick update
Goa-bagalkot via belgaum : Good roads. Small diversion but manageable. No tolls. Ghat section was amazing.

Bagalkot - Bijapur : We chose to take this road as we booked Hotel Pearl.
Route and Road: Take a left turn when the signboard shows 11kms to Bagalkot and 201 kms to Raichur,it's a big crossing with bus stoppages so one won't miss it. A small stretch of no roads but doable. Bouncy roads otherwise but one can maintain 60-80 speed, watch out for the unmarked speed breakers. No place to eat or loo. Topography was awesome flat farm lands with hillocks.

Thanks for updating us about the road
Hotel Pea Thank you aamateen46 for this, a good hotel, nice and clean ₹950 for an ac room. The hotel is a bit fussy about couples and even wanted to see our marriage certificate finally had to show him marriage pics before he gave us the room so newly Wed couples have some proof of marriage. Attached restaurant which serves Indian and Chinese which was good.
Will update on the next leg of the journey shortly.

Thanks for the update regarding the route and road; particularly the signboard. Which ghat are you referring to? Amboli or Chorla?

Yes, understand that the hotels in Bijapur are quite finicky about renting rooms to couples. Proof of identity is a must, I believe. Btw, did you book the room in advance at Hotel Pearl?
Old 10th December 2016, 16:36   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
Thanks for the update regarding the route and road; particularly the signboard. Which ghat are you referring to? Amboli or Chorla?

Yes, understand that the hotels in Bijapur are quite finicky about renting rooms to couples. Proof of identity is a must, I believe. Btw, did you book the room in advance at Hotel Pearl?
Referring to Chorla Ghat. Nope we just called them in the afternoon to check availability and blocked over phone call.

Two things I missed in earlier update
1. Petrol pumps are accepting cards (just in case my words conveyed otherwise)
2. We started at 11 and reached Bijapur hotel by 7 with a 90 minutes break.
KD007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 10:38   #854
BHPian

Update Bijapur- Chilkur Balaji - Hyderabad

Decent roads, bit bouncy at times and a stretch of 50 or so kms which is single carriageway.

We started at 930 am. 30 Mins halt at Gulbarga for lunch. Reached Chilkur at 4pm and another 40 minutes to Hi Tech City post temple darshan.
Old 19th December 2016, 16:17   #855
Senior - BHPian

Any update on whether the bridge over the Krishna is open after repairs at Raichur?It was closed for about two months in June/July making people opt for the Kurnool-Raichur route to reach Raichur.

Also any update on the status of the Gooty-Hospet section of NH67?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks