Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2017, 14:12   #886
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I guess you meant 'Lingsugur' when you mentioned 'Lingasur'. So did you touch Bagalkot on both ways?
That's right. That spelling so tough to get

Yes. We touched Bagalkot both ways and I remember vividly that we got color thrown at us my folks celebrating in Bagalkot

Belgaum and Bagalkot take their holi very seriously. Entire city was on roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
And when you said the route beyond Bijapur wasn't great in your onward journey, were you referring to the Bijapur to Bagalkot stretch? I was under the impression that the Jevargi to Bijapur stretch wasn't good.
Yes. Correct again. The roads are not bad but, have quite rough patches and small 2 lane roads and there were quite a bit of speed breakers too

Overall, return journey was more enjoyable
Old 18th April 2017, 13:39   #887
BHPian

I am starting this Saturday for Goa and have finalized this route:

Hyderabad->Bhootpur->Deosugur->Raichur->Lingsugur->Hungund->Bagalkot->Belgaon->Chorla-> Panjim.

For any members who have done this stretch recently:

-> It was reported in a number of posts that there was some construction activity in the Devarkadra-Makthal stretch. Is this still on? Approximately how many kilometers of bad roads should I expect in this stretch.
-> Are there any good eateries near Raichur? The map plotted by Google shows that I do not need to enter the city to catch the road to Bagalkot. Do I need to enter the city if I need any viable eating options. I have a 1 year old baby travelling so hygiene is a big concern.
Old 20th April 2017, 09:35   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvenant View Post

-> Are there any good eateries near Raichur? The map plotted by Google shows that I do not need to enter the city to catch the road to Bagalkot. Do I need to enter the city if I need any viable eating options. I have a 1 year old baby travelling so hygiene is a big concern.
Hi, these are few options in Raichur.
https://goo.gl/maps/bcNzadFGx5u
https://goo.gl/maps/x6R7fyBaLUS2
Prabu Vihar opp to Raichur bus stand.
suresheadala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 11:25   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresheadala View Post
Hi, these are few options in Raichur.
https://goo.gl/maps/bcNzadFGx5u
https://goo.gl/maps/x6R7fyBaLUS2
Prabu Vihar opp to Raichur bus stand.
Thanks alot for the information, but looks like both the joints are within the city. Could you recommend any place along the Raichur bypass road?
Old 20th April 2017, 11:37   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks alot for the information, but looks like both the joints are within the city. Could you recommend any place along the Raichur bypass road?
Not many options along bypass.

Recently seen this place but not sure of breakfast.
https://goo.gl/maps/EzPpU2aP2wS2

It won't take much time in Raichur city if you are entering city before 9/10am.
Old 20th April 2017, 12:08   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Not many options along bypass.

Recently seen this place but not sure of breakfast.
https://goo.gl/maps/EzPpU2aP2wS2

It won't take much time in Raichur city if you are entering city before 9/10am.
That sounds encouraging. By my calculations we should be reaching Raichur by 8-8:30 max. Thanks again.
Old 25th April 2017, 12:56   #892
BHPian

Quote:
I am starting this Saturday for Goa and have finalized this route:

Hyderabad->Bhootpur->Deosugur->Raichur->Lingsugur->Hungund->Bagalkot->Belgaon->Chorla-> Panjim.

For any members who have done this stretch recently:

-> It was reported in a number of posts that there was some construction activity in the Devarkadra-Makthal stretch. Is this still on? Approximately how many kilometers of bad roads should I expect in this stretch.
-
Hi, can you please give an update on road condition.

Any idea about the beach activities in Palolem beach? Planning to go there this weekend.
Old 26th April 2017, 00:33   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, can you please give an update on road condition.

Any idea about the beach activities in Palolem beach? Planning to go there this weekend.
Hi, the road is very good throughout except for the stretch between Bhootpur and Raichur in general and near Marikal in particular. If going at night, I'd take the road via Mehboobnagar instead of the by-pass via Bhootpur as the first couple of kms on the by-pass road are best do e in daylight.

Sorry haven't been to Palolem yet so can't comment definitively on the activities there. At least in Calangute lots of watersports are being advertised.
Will update if/ when I go to Palolem
revvenant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 14:30   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Palolem is famous for Kayaking, you can rent a boat for hour for Rs 200 and paddle deep in the sea. You will love that experience. As usual there are other water sports like jetski, etc.

This beach is one where you rarely find Indian tourist, mostly famous with Foreigners, not sure about this season though.

Hope you have booked a sea facing cottage, that's the specialty of this beach. Most of the accommodation are virtually on the beach.
shamanth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2017, 12:48   #895
BHPian

I did this route last week:

While going I took a detour from NH-44 near a place called Annasagar. This is a narrow village road that helps bypass the Mehboobnagar city altogether. The first couple of kms are quite bad on this stretch, the rest was pretty average.

Here is the route update:

Hyderabad - Annasagar: NH44- Superb road as usual.
Annasagar- Devarkadra: Village road, and except first couple of KMs, average roads throughout.
Devarkadra- Raichur: OK road, major construction activity near Devarkadra and Marikal. Number of speed breakers near Raichur Thermal Power Plant.
Raichur - Bagalkot: Good roads but beware of KSRTC buses' overtaking maneuvers. (Nearly forced me off the road on one occasion)
Bagalkot- Belgaum: Very good and scenic road.
Belgaum- Satari (via Chorla): Ghats with good road except at a couple of places where the top surface seems to have gone off recently.
Satari- Panjim: Well maintained State highways.

While returning last Saturday, got caught in a heavy shower with hail stones in Belgaum. I was really frightened about the impact of the hail stones on the car, but surprisingly, the Figo showed absolutely no signs of having endured thumb sized hail stones.
revvenant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 09:08   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

While returning last Saturday, got caught in a heavy shower with hail stones in Belgaum. I was really frightened about the impact of the hail stones on the car, but surprisingly, the Figo showed absolutely no signs of having endured thumb sized hail stones.
Would you kindly mention the time taken as well, to complete the drive in both directions-TIA
Old 2nd May 2017, 10:55   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Would you kindly mention the time taken as well, to complete the drive in both directions-TIA
Hi Ranjit, the actual time spent driving was approx. 14 hours either way. I am not counting the numerous breaks (that comes with travelling with 2 senior citizens and a hyper-active 1.2 years old toddler).
Hope that helped.
Old 2nd May 2017, 11:52   #898
BHPian

Any decent places to stop? The only thing that discourages me from doing the route frequently is lack of decent places to refresh. There are few near Gulburga but none after that if you take Hyd-Gulburga-Bijapur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Goa.

Restrooms at petrol pumps are pathetic.
Old 2nd May 2017, 14:36   #899
Senior - BHPian

Did Goa to Hyderabad and Back in this long weekend. I had done this route couple of years back, i should say road condition has improved for good.

While going. Hyderabad - BoothPur - Raichur - Bagalkot - Belgavi - Chorla - Calungate

Hyderabad to Raichur is pretty good road, But take right turn from bangalore road near Boothpur not Mehaboobnagar, dont take mehaboob nagar road, its under repair will slow down your travel.

After Raichur to Bagalkot, i realize i have entered 'Land of Humps(Hampi)'. Every Village, every couple of kms you will find 5 to 10 humps. Bagalkot to Belgavi is pretty decent, lesser humps wider roads. Chorla as usual has good roads, but average speed will reduce to 40kmph due to Ghat and traffic. Then usual small roads in Goa will lead to Calungate.

While coming back i had to go to Vasco to collect something.

Route - Vasco - Ponda-Londa-Dharwad-Sindhanur-Raichur-Mehaboobnagar-Hyderabad

Vasco Londa road is Ghat, but road is much wider, can travel at 80kmph. And till Dharwad road is excellent. From Dharwad to Sindhanur decent SH and NH road, not much vehicles fewer humps. Humps increases a bit towards Raichur, but nothing compared to Lingasur road..

I did not know about road condition in Mehaboobnagar, so insead of taking Boothpur road i took mehboobnagar since Boothput road is bit lonely at night. Mehaboobnagar road in not good, lot of road repairs and pothholes roads.

Both side took 12.5 hours for me.
Old 2nd May 2017, 16:36   #900
BHPian

Yes, the Deosugur- mahboobnagar stretch is under repair and very bad. Recently in March we have been to Goa on bikes. So from all the above posts...i think to avoid any kind of bad stretch and speed breakers near lingsugur stretch....looks like taking this road is going to be a better idea , although its going to increase the dist by some 20kms but we can have piece of mind

Hyd - Gadwal - Sindhanur - Dharwad - Candolim.

What say?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks