Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2020, 14:40   #1066
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Can you share entire route taken on maps?

I'm confused after Jevargi how to reach vijaypura. GPS turns me before reaching vijayapura from place called devar.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/RrMpQuK3xW1p77KA7

Last edited by abhinavj01 : 25th November 2020 at 14:44.
abhinavj01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 16:43   #1067
BHPian

We recently did a trip to Goa from Hyderabad. For the onward journey, we did the recommend route over Chorla Ghat. The route through Chorla Ghat from Belgaum is bad, patches in many places. So we chose the Mollem route on the way back but the Mollem-Khanapur route is much worse. Roads dug up, single lane and with craters in many places. Not an issue for large SUVs but sedans will find it difficult. Road works in progress and would not recommend Mollem route until the road works finish between Anmod and Londa and Londa to Khanapur.

Last edited by trishul : 30th November 2020 at 16:45.
Old 4th December 2020, 12:40   #1068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavj01 View Post
A BIG BIG thank you for the route.

Just came back from Goa. Fantastic route. Many people including HVK and GPS were asking me to take shortest route and also Chorla. Glad i didnt and followed one you gave. Anmod was good except for like 4/5 kms of dug-up roads going through jungle. The moment you cross Anmod check post roads are like makhan. Never seen such great roads in Goa.

Only trouble point is Belgaum. First you need to get inside city with horrendous traffic, and the till Khanapur there's traffic too. I wish there was a bypass for Belgaum and things would have been even better.
Old 8th December 2020, 11:22   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Come 23rd and i have to travel again to Goa for a festival. My only concern is crossing Belgaum city to reach Khanapur.

Is there an alternate route to bypass belgaum?
Old 11th December 2020, 18:41   #1070

Quote:
A BIG BIG thank you for the route.
=====
I wish there was a bypass for Belgaum and things would have been even better.
Hi, I am travelling back to Hyd tomorrow morning from Anjuna. I was planning to take a detour for breakfast at Belgaum but realized that it will add good 45 minutes + breakfast time to the travel. Are there any good places to eat on the route that you took? Thanks in advance.
Old 11th December 2020, 19:51   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinkgogia View Post
Hi, I am travelling back to Hyd tomorrow morning from Anjuna. I was planning to take a detour for breakfast at Belgaum but realized that it will add good 45 minutes + breakfast time to the travel. Are there any good places to eat on the route that you took? Thanks in advance.
There is absolutely nothing (decent restaurants) on the entire route once you cross Belgaum, until Gulbarga. Only roadside stalls when you cross villages.

So I would advise start with a meal (Breakfast) and pack your lunch, or stop at Belgaum (Saffron veg cuisine restaurant) is a good one. Rest till Gulbarga you won't find anything decent. I have been carrying my own food, better to eat cold food during this pendamic times.
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 15:12   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
There is absolutely nothing (decent restaurants) on the entire route once you cross Belgaum, until Gulbarga. Only roadside stalls when you cross villages.

So I would advise start with a meal (Breakfast) and pack your lunch, or stop at Belgaum (Saffron veg cuisine restaurant) is a good one. Rest till Gulbarga you won't find anything decent. I have been carrying my own food, better to eat cold food during this pendamic times.
Totally agreed. Saffron restaurant is really good and probably the only hygienic option on this route. I'd not eat at those roadside stalls on this route. We ate once and got sick (stomach bug + fever) during the journey itself. It became one of the worst journeys ever.
Old 18th December 2020, 07:54   #1073
BHPian

Hello All
Not exactly going to Goa, but need to go to Kumta from Hyd - Route suggestions pls would be helpful..Thanks..
Old 19th December 2020, 12:27   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Come 23rd and i have to travel again to Goa for a festival. My only concern is crossing Belgaum city to reach Khanapur.

Is there an alternate route to bypass belgaum?

We are driving to Goa on 23rd, too. Came across a post on another forum about taking the Tilari Ghat route from Belgaum to Goa. This is what the post said:
"Via Tilari Ghats: I have done this route while returning and it’s average road for long stretch but it’s scenic and Tilari Ghat road specifically (has few hair pin bends) is a newly laid tarmac and it’s excellent." This was on 9th Nov. 2020.

Wanted to know if anyone here has used this route? Your feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 19th December 2020, 13:47   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
We are driving to Goa on 23rd, too. Came across a post on another forum about taking the Tilari Ghat route from Belgaum to Goa. This is what the post said:
"Via Tilari Ghats: I have done this route while returning and it’s average road for long stretch but it’s scenic and Tilari Ghat road specifically (has few hair pin bends) is a newly laid tarmac and it’s excellent." This was on 9th Nov. 2020.

Wanted to know if anyone here has used this route? Your feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.
Not sure bout this route. As it says average roads till tillari ghats so I think anmod would be better. From anmod checkpost roads become excellent, super smooth going through mollem ponda Panaji.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 06:47   #1076

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post

I did Tilari ghat while going to Goa a few weeks back and did Anmod on return. The newly laid road is only for the hair pin bends part and else it is below average (my take). I would prefer Anmod any day over Tilari ghat.
sachinkgogia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 11:45   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinkgogia View Post
I did Tilari ghat while going to Goa a few weeks back and did Anmod on return. The newly laid road is only for the hair pin bends part and else it is below average (my take). I would prefer Anmod any day over Tilari ghat.
I was contemplating the Tilari route since it was the shorter option to our location in Goa, saving about an hour according to G maps.

Thanks for your advice. Will take the Anmod route.
Old 20th December 2020, 18:13   #1078
BHPian

So. I just drove down from Hyderabad to Goa today. Took the Tilari route. The hairpin section is smooth as a baby’s bottoms. The rest of it is rutted. However, the smooth section just makes it worth it.

Be warned that this journey was performed in the world famous Elantra that has done Spiti, Bhutan et al. Your mileage may vary. But if you truly love curves then Tilari needs to be done.

Took the route as suggested by Google Maps. 12 hours door to door. 640 odd km.
lucifer1881 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 11:25   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post
So. I just drove down from Hyderabad to Goa today. Took the Tilari route...640 odd km.
Update.

On the return leg, I took the route that people are going ga ga over - Anmod Checkpost, etc. It is longer by a good 80-100km and is no better than the route I took in the onward journey. Plus, this route adds the heavily trafficked section between Zaheerabad and ORR. Took 30 minutes more.

Pro Tip: Pargi - Gurmatkal - Talikoti - Lokapur - Belgaum - Tilari is the shortest and the best route.
lucifer1881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 14:01   #1080
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I'm in the early stages of planning a trip to Goa from Hyderabad, and it would be my first trip to Goa, so, pardon my ignorance, if any.

I understand that it will be a longer route, but, if I'm looking for a smooth driving surface and ease of driving the route, would taking the following route make sense?
Hyderabad - Zaheerabad - Humnabad - Gulbarga - Vijayapura - Bagalkot - Hubli - Karwar - South Goa (Palolem or Agonda or Cabo de Rama)

Google Maps shows this route to be around 770 km.
This route seems to stick to NH65 - NH50 - NH52 - NH66 without having to take any state highways, which is the reason I'm considering this route. I'm assuming I would get better roads to drive on by sticking to the national highways.

Also, if I take this route, would it make sense to break the journey with an overnight halt at Hubli?
The maximum distance that I've driven in a day has been around 690 km on four lane highways and I have a sedate driving style. On undivided highways, I'm usually a bit more conservative on my driving speed. Considering that NH50 and NH52 seem to be undivided highways, I'm a bit worried about over-stretching myself by trying to cover the entire distance in a day.

Looking forward to all of your suggestions.
Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks