Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2021, 18:39   #1096
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Going by your update, it looks like a lot of repair work on the Chorla ghat has been completed from the time idpsharma travelled in Jan 2021.

When did you travel, and can you please post more details of the Chorla route?
Hello there, I am planning to do Hyderabad to Goa with my family on 26th March 2021. I plan to stay overnight at Belgaum (Sankam Residency). Could you please suggest the best route to take? Are there any eating joints along the way? How much time would it take to reach Belgaum?

I am getting confused with a lot of replies to this thread. Sorry if I am being repetitive.
Old 4th March 2021, 20:14   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
Hello there, I am planning to do Hyderabad to Goa with my family on 26th March 2021. I plan to stay overnight at Belgaum (Sankam Residency). Could you please suggest the best route to take? Are there any eating joints along the way? How much time would it take to reach Belgaum?

I am getting confused with a lot of replies to this thread. Sorry if I am being repetitive.
Sorry, i have not travelled for the past few years. You will need to read the thread's last few pages fully.
Old 13th March 2021, 14:44   #1098
BHPian

Hello there,

Im travelling to goa with family. I have two options to stay at Belgaum. One is Sankam Residency. I have stayed there earlier. I am also considering Regenta Resorts. Has anyone stayed here? When I check for the route from both, I am getting two options. I am attaching the snapshot of both routes. Could someone please guide me on which would be the best option?

Route from Regenta Resort

Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-regenta-resort.jpg

Route from Sankam Residency

Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-sankam-residency.jpg
Old 14th March 2021, 12:46   #1099
BHPian

ChipsnChops, I understand that the Chorla ghat has been done up. As you are staying overnight at Belgaum, check up with the taxi drivers who are parked at your hotel. They are the best guys to guide you as work has been ongoing on both the routes you have indicated for over a year.
hydtraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 14:12   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydtraveller View Post
ChipsnChops, I understand that the Chorla ghat has been done up. As you are staying overnight at Belgaum, check up with the taxi drivers who are parked at your hotel. They are the best guys to guide you as work has been ongoing on both the routes you have indicated for over a year.
Thank you very much for the info and the suggestion!
Old 14th March 2021, 23:16   #1101
BHPian

Just completed a trip from Hyderabad to Agonda beach in south Goa.
Drove from Hyderabad on March 10, 2021 and returned today on March 14, 2021.
Took a slightly longer route of Zaheerabad - Humnabad - Gulbarga - Vijayapura - Hubli - Yellapur - Ankola - Karwar - South Goa.
Route
Stuck to NH65 - NH50 - NH52 - NH66 highways.

Driving time excluding breaks was about 14.5 hours, with sedate driving speeds, trying to stay between 70-80 kmph most of the time.

Roads were good for the most part. The patch at Konnur was the worst. Second worst patch was at Nargund. Exiting Vijayapura through NH52 entails taking on some of the worst speed breakers/broken roads. Of course, a lot of the villages en-route have speed breakers. The majority of them are marked, while a handful of them are unmarked. Aside from these inconveniences, the route was quite good to drive on.
Arabail Ghats were easily navigable (I was able to tackle this in the dark early morning hours on the return trip).

Went with packed food while going from Hyderabad. While returning from Goa, stopped at Kamat Cafe for breakfast and S-Lounge food court for lunch. Made a brief pit-stop at S-Lounge food court during the onward journey as well. Rest rooms were usable at these places.

If heading to South Goa, this could be a viable alternate route.
Hope this helps someone who might wish to explore this route.
Cheers and happy driving, everyone!
FlashMustang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 12:21   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Hello there,
=====

Attachment 2132147
On my return journey from Goa in Jan 2021 we stopped for breakfast at Hotel Native By Chancery, at Belgaum and it fulfilled all the criteria you can check the same for your overnight stay at Belgaum.

As far as route is concerned, my experience with Chorla Ghat route was good, though we had to go to North Goa not south.

And as mentioned by fellow traveler, S-lounge will be a good pit stop for onward journey.
any23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 13:58   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to do Hyderabad to Goa with my family on 26th March 2021. I plan to stay overnight at Belgaum (Sankam Residency).
If you are still in the planning stage, or have the flexibility to change any bookings made, I might suggest taking the route through Hubli, if you are planning to stay in south Goa (your screenshots seem to show that you are heading to south Goa). If you intend to stay over-night, please check out Hotel Naveen Lakeside at Hubli. We had narrowed down to this place after a lot of research, but, dropped it and decided to start early and reach Goa by night without an over-night halt at Hubli. You can also check out other accommodation options on TripAdvisor (sort by Traveller Ranked).

Quote:
Could you please suggest the best route to take?
In case you plan to go with the Belgaum route, as many others have suggested, the route through Chorla ghat appears to be the recommended one by most others. I do not have the experience to provide additional information as I have not traveled this route.
However, if you choose to take the route that I took, the route was quite clear and was less confusing for me, as I had to follow the National Highways through-out the drive - NH65 from Hyderabad, and then switch from NH65 to NH50 at Humnabad, and then, switch from NH50 to NH52 at Vijayapura, and then, switch from NH52 to NH 66 near Ankola. Be aware that Google Maps might route you through smaller roads to save a few kilometers, as many other have mentioned. Ignore them and stick to the main highways like I did and it should be fairly straightforward.
Quote:
Are there any eating joints along the way?
As for eating joints, we had narrowed down to S-Lounge, and then one of the many Kamat restaurants at Hubli, and Indraprasta Restaurant at Yellapur. We had also narrowed down the following pit stops to be used, if needed:
Cafe Coffee Day Rudraram
Food Pyramid
Cafe Coffee Day Ankola (requires a slight detour of about a km). There's also a Kamat Upachar and an IOCL COCO petrol bunk close to this place.
Quote:
How much time would it take to reach Belgaum?
I have not travelled along the Belgaum route, but, I can share the breakdown of the approximate driving time that I took on my journey (excluding breaks).
Hyderabad to Gulbarga - 3.75 hours
Gulbarga to Vijayapura - 2.75 hours
Vijayapura to Hubli - 4 hours
Hubli to Agonda in south Goa - 4.25 hours

Have a great time, whichever route and halts you choose!
Have a wonderful trip!
FlashMustang is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 07:59   #1104

Quote:
Hello there,

Im travelling to goa with family. I have two options to stay at Belgaum. One is Sankam Residency. I have stayed there earlier. I am also considering Regenta Resorts. Has anyone stayed here? When I check for the route from both, I am getting two options. I am attaching the snapshot of both routes. Could someone please guide me on which would be the best option?

Route from Regenta Resort

Attachment 2132146

Attachment 2132147
As FlashMustang mentioned in above update that if heading to South Goa, via Hubli is the preferred route. My travel to south Goa is planned for April 17th. I will be taking this route https://goo.gl/maps/Ttq5aBDy36ACvFZGA
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-8bcfc335e1464daeb660f00a19a5c0eb.jpeg  

sachinkgogia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 10:10   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinkgogia View Post
As FlashMustang mentioned in above update that if heading to South Goa, via Hubli is the preferred route. My travel to south Goa is planned for April 17th. I will be taking this route https://goo.gl/maps/Ttq5aBDy36ACvFZGA
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashMustang View Post
Have a great time, whichever route and halts you choose!
Have a wonderful trip!
Thank you so very much. This was really informative. I really appreciate the fact that you took time to give me such a detailed reply. Lots of gratitude

Last edited by bblost : 24th March 2021 at 10:22. Reason: back to back. removed extra smiley.
chipsnchops is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 11:34   #1106
BHPian

Travelling Hyderabad to Goa next week . Looking to overnite stay in Vijayapura. Any good hotel suggestions please ?
Old 10th June 2021, 18:53   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadi Bhote View Post
Travelling Hyderabad to Goa next week . Looking to overnite stay in Vijayapura. Any good hotel suggestions please ?
Some of our fellow BHPians have recommended Kyriad Hotel Vijayapura in some of the earlier pages on this thread. The reviews appear to be decent on TripAdvisor too. I do not have personal experience staying at this hotel though.
Old 11th June 2021, 02:31   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
If you are also considering a stopover at Belgavi (instead of Vijayapur), Regenta Resort Belagavi is good. We did that last December, we liked it.

Last edited by naveen.kk : 11th June 2021 at 02:33.
Old 11th June 2021, 08:53   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Travelling Hyderabad to Goa next week .
Goa is not yet for tourism, if that's what the intent is.
Old 14th June 2021, 22:52   #1110
BHPian

Avoid the hotels in Bijapur. With low occupancy even the few good hotels are not maintaining standards. It is touch and go. Better try to drive on to Belgaum where things are much better and you will find good hotels

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks