Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2021, 16:27   #1141
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

^^
Thanks, all for your replies.
I think I am all set.
The only thing I have not decided yet is if I should do a night halt somewhere on my return journey. Belagum and Hubli have some decent hotes but don't seem to make sense for a night halt. Is there anything good at Vijaypura? I might make the decision after I reach Goa depending on what I feel about the drive.
Old 26th October 2021, 10:32   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
^^
I think I am all set.
The only thing I have not decided yet is if I should do a night halt somewhere on my return journey. Belagum and Hubli have some decent hotes but don't seem to make sense for a night halt. Is there anything good at Vijaypura? I might make the decision after I reach Goa depending on what I feel about the drive.
We did a trip to Goa two weeks back. While going from Hyd to Goa we took the Hubli -Anmod ghat, and took the Chorla ghat-Belgavi-Bagalkot-Vijaypura route on the way back.

The route we took the way back was the best - quickest and good roads (few potholes here and there).

For overnight halt, we stayed at Vijaypura in both the legs. Both the options below were pretty good for an overnight halt. Fern is closer to the highway, so you save sometime.

https://www.fernhotels.com/the-fern-...ijayapura.html
https://www.kyriadindia.com/kyriad-vijyapura.html
shifu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 20:23   #1143

Hi All,

Slight OT(May be not!!)

I'm planning for a road trip to goa from Vijayawada this December. I will be travelling with my wife and our ride will be 5-star rated hatchback. I'm planning to split my journey as I'm a sedate driver and not planning to drive more than 600 kms per day. Please suggest me with a decent place for an over night stay along with yummy food options enroute. Willing to take a longer route if required. Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!!
Old 1st November 2021, 14:12   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
^^
Is there anything good at Vijaypura? I might make the decision after I reach Goa depending on what I feel about the drive.
I recomend, Kyriad Hotel Vijayapura. Good ambiance, food is good and very near to tourist places of Bijapur.
Old 1st November 2021, 15:18   #1145
Senior - BHPian

Although I stayed in Bijapur Kyriad in the recent trip. Rooms are fine. Food and Restaurant service can be categorized as below average. I would recommend checking Kanishka, which is 2 doors ahead of Kyriad. Has a good Kamat restaurant attached.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 19:52   #1146
Senior - BHPian

I am currently in Goa, Cavelossim. Will be starting back tomorrow morning.
I came through Hubli-Anmod route via Tinai ghat. It was pretty manageable, will post a detailed report once I am back.
For the return journey, I am planning to take the Chorla route., mainly because I want to try a different route and also hearing good reports about this route in this thread.
Google maps is showing a route through Belagavi to Vijapura, where I plan to halt for the night. However, the suggested route doesn't pass through Bagalkot. I am posting the google maps screenshot for your reference. Please set me know if the route is fine.

Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-screenshot_20211104_194953_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 18:20   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
I am currently in Goa, Cavelossim. Will be starting back tomorrow morning.
I came through Hubli-Anmod route via Tinai ghat. It was pretty manageable, will post a detailed report once I am back.
For the return journey, I am planning to take the Chorla route., mainly because I want to try a different route and also hearing good reports about this route in this thread.
Google maps is showing a route through Belagavi to Vijapura, where I plan to halt for the night. However, the suggested route doesn't pass through Bagalkot. I am posting the google maps screenshot for your reference. Please set me know if the route is fine.

Attachment 2227859
Hey, so how was the journey back? Hope you guys had a good trip.
What is the condition of the road via the Chorla route? Did you end up touching Bagalkot?
Old 7th November 2021, 15:53   #1148
Senior - BHPian

I came back from Goa yesterday. Some points from my drive below
  • For the onward journey from Hyderabad to Goa, I followed the normal route via Gulbarga-Vijaypura-Hubli(night halt)- Tinai Ghat-Anmod-Mollem-Cavelossim, Goa.
  • The roads are good to great all the way to Hubli. Obviously, there are a few bad patches and some unmarked and unscientific bumpers, which will catch you off guard. But, other than that, you can maintain very good speeds.
  • I reached Vijaypura in 5.15 hours flat, with a 15 min snack break. please bear in mind that I am an aggressive driver. I stopped at Slounge, Vijaypura for lunch and restroom break. The restrooms are pretty clean (by highway standards) and usable. The food was also decent - we had masala dosa, tandoori roti and paneer tikka masala, which tasted good.
  • We took a good 45 min lunch break at Vijaypura. Vijaypura-Hubli was covered in 3 hours flat. So, total time to reach Hubli was 9 hours, with total break of 1 hour. So, driving time = 8 hours.
  • AT Hubli, I stayed at the President hotel, which is bang on the highway. It is a pretty decent hotel with good food, clean rooms and prompt room service. The breakfast spread was also good and they have a nice rooftop jungle-themed restaurant. There is no campus as such to walk around, it's just one building on the road but it is professionally managed and run. I would certainly recommend it.
  • Next morning from Hubli, it took 4 hours to reach Holiday Inn at Cavelossim.
  • I took the Tinai Ghat road, which is also being shown as the default option in Google maps. The road overall is manageable with a few bad patches and broken surfaces. However, the road is very marrow at places with steep shoulders. So, if there is a vehicle coming from the opposite side, it does get a bit tricky but can be managed with a little bit of care and skill (should be non-issue for SUVs or crossovers). With google recommending this route by default for South Goa, there is a decent number of vehicles going through it.
  • The drive through the forest area and ghat roads from Anmod is very scenic and very enjoyable, but won't recommend driving in the evening/night.
  • One point about Google maps - please check the recommended route closely and add stops to the route to make sure it follows the expected route and not do some stupid optimization. I added a stop at S-lounge which is bang on the highway but Google took to me some internal non-existent route in Vijaypura town. I was lucky to realize that something was wrong and quickly course corrected (wasted 10 mins)
  • Other thing about police checks - I have never faced so many police checks in any long drive before. In total, I was stopped 5 times - (1) after Vijaypura for papers (2) somewhere between Vijaypura and Hubli for alcohol, seems some elections going on (3) just before entering Goa, for papers (4) at Goa border , near Anmod for vaccination/Covid -ve certificate (5) soon after Covid certificate check, for over-speeding. This was the most ridiculous one as they just put a speed limit board of 60 and before I could react, they stopped me. (I was at 90 kmph). So, just be careful for few kms after entering Goa post the check for Covid vaccination.
  • Also, I forgot to do the pollution test which resulted in more hassles and fines. I was stupid of me, so just make sure you have all the papers.
  • Total time to reach Goa = 13 hours, driving time=12 hours

Last edited by adimicra : 7th November 2021 at 15:55.
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 16:23   #1149
Senior - BHPian

For the journey back, I was a bit confused on what route to take. I planned to halt for the night at Vijaypura. So, I had multiple options, as I posted in this thread earlier.
  • I was thinking to take the Chorla route but the recommended route by Google maps was not only shorter but would take 1 hour less. So, I went with what Google suggested.
  • The suggested route was Cavelossim - Mollem-Anmod-Khanapur-Hirebagwadi- Bagalkote-Vijaypura (bypassing Belagvi) . The roads from Anmod towards Khanapur was much worse than the Tinai Ghat road and it also took us through some very tiny villages with extreme narrow roads. Finally, I got a chance to catch the highway towards Belagvi and deviated from the suggested route. This turned out to be a very good decision and the roads from thereon was very good. The Bachi-Raichur highway from Belagvi to Bagalkote is in very good condition and you can maintain triple digit speeds easily. I am not sure if there is a better route from South Goa to Belagvi but request you to do some research before taking this option. The Chorla route seems good but will definitely take more time. Others who have gone through this route can chip in with their views. Otherwise, the onward route through Tinai Ghat-Hubli might be the preferred option for South Goa.
  • Reached Vijaypura in 6.5 hours, without any breaks. At Vijaypura, I stayed at the Fern residency hotel. It is a decent hotel and looks to be pretty new. So, overall it is pretty clean and the staff is courteous. It is not very professionally managed but the room service was prompt and the food tasted decent. Since I booked a suite room, it was huge and was very relaxing for 3 of us (wife, 13-year old daughter and myself). Also, I saw at least 6-7 vehicles from Hyderabad parked outside at night. So, seems like it is getting a bit of traction from Hyderabad-Goa travelers. Overall, will definitely recommend the hotel for overnight stop.
  • The next day from Vijaypura to home was uneventful - nice highway all throughout. Reached home in 5.10 hours, without any breaks.
  • Total time to reach home from Goa = 11.50 hours (no breaks).
  • On the way back, was stopped twice by the police - once for papers, and once for alcohol (at Goa border). Since I didn't manage to find a PUC check at Goa, I had to pay the fine once more.
    For the alcohol check, it was just some formality and they let us go pretty quickly (possibly because I was with family).
  • Overall, apart from the police checks (stupid of me to not have the PUC done) and some bad patch from Anmod-Belagvi, the drive was very very enjoyable. The car, Vento TSI, was a joy to drive and performed exceedingly well. It is an overtaking machine, particularly in the sports mode with almost instantaneous kickdowns. For whatever it's worth, I got a mileage of 12.2 kmpl for the overall drive, which is similar to what I get in the
    city. So, you can guess, I was revving the 1.2 TSI motor pretty hard.

Last edited by adimicra : 7th November 2021 at 16:25.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 15:30   #1150

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
We did a trip to Goa two weeks back. While going from Hyd to Goa we took the Hubli -Anmod ghat, and took the Chorla ghat-Belgavi-Bagalkot-Vijaypura route on the way back.

The route we took the way back was the best - quickest and good roads (few potholes here and there).

For overnight halt, we stayed at Vijaypura in both the legs. Both the options below were pretty good for an overnight halt. Fern is closer to the highway, so you save sometime.

https://www.fernhotels.com/the-fern-...ijayapura.html
https://www.kyriadindia.com/kyriad-vijyapura.html
Am travelling with my dog in January from Goa to Hyderabad. Was looking for pet freindly hotels on the way for overnight stay. Could find only one, Kanthi Resorts Badami, at Bagalkot. This is about 1/3 way down to Hyderabad. Would someone have an alternate recommendation elsewhere, probably midway.
Abhi.Kapz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 16:01   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi.Kapz View Post
Am travelling with my dog in January from Goa to Hyderabad. Was looking for pet freindly hotels on the way for overnight stay. Could find only one, Kanthi Resorts Badami, at Bagalkot. This is about 1/3 way down to Hyderabad. Would someone have an alternate recommendation elsewhere, probably midway.
I don't have a pet. So while I don't know the specifics, just a thought - if you travel via Hospet, that will come almost mid way. And at Hospet you can get lots of homestays/resorts that will be pet friendly.
Old 11th December 2021, 20:50   #1152
BHPian

Hello fellow Bhpians, seniors
I am planning to drive Hyderabad-Goa near Christmas this year. Myself, wife, 11yr old daughter and pet dog Shihtzu. Deciding to drive mainly because of Mojo - our shih tzu. I read through most of the posts in this thread and have a few queries of mine:
1. Is it a must to halt somewhere overnight? My wife also drives so she can help me with driving for sometime. Can we do it in one stretch from Hyderabad to South Goa?
2. Which route would be best if we are doing it in one stretch? Supposing we start very early from Hyderabad - around 4 AM?
3. If we have to stay, can someone please recommend pet friendly hotels?
4. What safety measures, extra equipment to carry along with us?
5. Anything else you think I need to be aware of, since I don't do much of highways..

Thank you in advance for your inputs.
Old 13th December 2021, 10:33   #1153
BHPian

Can anyone please reply? offer suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvsatish View Post
Hello fellow Bhpians, seniors
I am planning to drive Hyderabad-Goa near Christmas this year. Myself, wife, 11yr old daughter and pet dog Shihtzu. Deciding to drive mainly because of Mojo - our shih tzu. I read through most of the posts in this thread and have a few queries of mine:
1. Is it a must to halt somewhere overnight? My wife also drives so she can help me with driving for sometime. Can we do it in one stretch from Hyderabad to South Goa?
2. Which route would be best if we are doing it in one stretch? Supposing we start very early from Hyderabad - around 4 AM?
3. If we have to stay, can someone please recommend pet friendly hotels?
4. What safety measures, extra equipment to carry along with us?
5. Anything else you think I need to be aware of, since I don't do much of highways..

Thank you in advance for your inputs.
Old 14th December 2021, 11:31   #1154
BHPian

Dear JVSatish

It is a very good practice to negotiate the ghats during Sunshine hours.
It would take close to 13 hrs to reach your destination from Hyderabad to Goa( South)

A 4am start would imply your having lunch at Belgaum.( do check out Niyaaz for their awesome Mutton Biryani)

So it isn't imperative that you are bound to have an overnight break.

For freshening up The Radhasaomi satsang bhavan at Belgaum (outer) offers decent rooms for minimal rates.

Happy Journey
HsekarK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 16:20   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HsekarK View Post
Dear JVSatish

It is a very good practice to negotiate the ghats during Sunshine hours.
It would take close to 13 hrs to reach your destination from Hyderabad to Goa( South)

A 4am start would imply your having lunch at Belgaum.( do check out Niyaaz for their awesome Mutton Biryani)

So it isn't imperative that you are bound to have an overnight break.

For freshening up The Radhasaomi satsang bhavan at Belgaum (outer) offers decent rooms for minimal rates.

Happy Journey
Thank you for the response. If we take 13 hours drive, I would be nearing Goa around 5 or 6 in the evening, which means I'd be clearing the ghats with enough daylight?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks