Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2022, 11:43   #1186

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Hyderabad to Goa road update October 22
I head to goa yesterday with a suggested road by gmaps via Jadcherla-mahbubnahar-raichur-koppal-yellapur-karwal and then south goa

Unfortunately, gmaps kept optimizing and i failed to realize that! The road taken was Hyd-Jadcherla-Mahbibnahar-Raichur-Sindhanur-Hospete- Koppal-Hubbali-Dharwad-Dandeli Ghat - Goa
Somehow, missed the road from dharwad to kalighatai and i ended up taking the dandeli road!

Hyd to jadcherla road is good, From jadcherla to raichur all the way to koppal its a nightmare. skip raichur road unless you have no option. the entire road is patchy and bumpy assisted with multiple speed brakers. 15-20km before koppal and from koppal to dharwad you have 4lanes until hubbali. from hubbali to dharwad you have 2lane which will reduce the speed drastically. from dharwad until goa the roads are below average with quiet a few patches which will test your driving skills. the only silver lining is the scenic drive!
avoid this road unless you have no option.

Will try heading back to hyderabad via a different road maybe via vijaypura.
Old 9th October 2022, 17:26   #1187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelyogi View Post
Hyderabad to Goa road update October 22
I head to goa yesterday with a suggested road by gmaps via Jadcherla-mahbubnahar-raichur-koppal-yellapur-karwal and then south goa

Unfortunately, gmaps kept optimizing and i failed to realize that! The road taken was Hyd-Jadcherla-Mahbibnahar-Raichur-Sindhanur-Hospete- Koppal-Hubbali-Dharwad-Dandeli Ghat - Goa
Somehow, missed the road from dharwad to kalighatai and i ended up taking the dandeli road!

Hyd to jadcherla road is good, From jadcherla to raichur all the way to koppal its a nightmare. skip raichur road unless you have no option. the entire road is patchy and bumpy assisted with multiple speed brakers. 15-20km before koppal and from koppal to dharwad you have 4lanes until hubbali. from hubbali to dharwad you have 2lane which will reduce the speed drastically. from dharwad until goa the roads are below average with quiet a few patches which will test your driving skills. the only silver lining is the scenic drive!
avoid this road unless you have no option.

Will try heading back to hyderabad via a different road maybe via vijaypura.
What route did you take on your way back?
Old 9th October 2022, 22:59   #1188

Hello,

I am planning to travel from Raipur, Chhattisgarh to Goa via Hyderabad. I will be travelling with my wife and 2 dogs, and i will be the only one driving. I plan to spend 10 hours on the road everyday. I have been advised to take either of the following routes.

Option 1:

Hyderabad, Zaheerabad, humnabad, kaluburgai, vijaypura, bagalkote to Amboli ghat, sawanthvadi, siolim.

Option 2:
Hyderabad, Zaheerabad, Humnabad, Solapur, Sangli, Kolhapur, Amboli, Sawanthvadi, Siolim.

I have a few concerns:

I have heard that Maharashtra roads are not that great currently.
If i leave Hyderabad by 5 am will i be able to reach Siolim if i drive for a few extra hours.
Is it advisable to cross the ghat in the night, how much does the ghat take.
If i have to stop for another night after leaving Hyderabad, where will i get a pet friendly accomodation?
Old 10th October 2022, 17:01   #1189

I have recently gone to Goa from Hyderabad.

While going, I took the following route:
Hyderabad-Vijaypura-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Chorla-Goa.

The Hyderabad-Vijayapura-Belgaum section is in good condition with lots of speed-breakers, as other people pointed out.
The Belgaum-Chorla-Goa route is in okay condition, with some terrible patches on the Karnataka side. Once you enter the Goa border, the roads are in pristine condition. The journey took 11 hours with an hour of lunch and breakfast break.

While coming back, I took the below route:
Goa-Tinai Ghat-Hubli-Hosapeta-Sindhanur-Raichur-Mahaboobnagar-Hyderabad. Google maps suggested the above route. The Goa-Tinai Ghat-Hubli route is horrible again on the Karnataka side. This route is in poor condition when compared to the Belgaum-Chorla-Goa. In some stretches, the road is impassable. If you are driving a sedan or a hatchback, it is better to avoid this route and choose the Chorla ghat.
Hubli to Hosapeta road is in excellent condition. From Hosapeta to Mahaboobnagar, the route is not divided. Also, you have to pass through multiple small towns. Your travel time will increase depending on the time of the day you are traveling through these towns.
The journey took 13 hours with 2 hours of break.

Some points to note:
1. You will not find any good restaurants on both route. "Sugar and Spices" in
Hubli is decent and is on the path without any detours.
2. If you are traveling with your pet and going to beaches in Goa, you should
be extra cautious with the stray dogs on all the beaches. There is a good
chance that these dogs will attack your pet.
Old 14th October 2022, 21:02   #1190
BHPian

Folks,

I have a trip to Goa scheduled in November, google maps shows two routes. One is the most common route people have mentioned here (via Vijayapura, Belagavi) however I am curious if anyone used Solapur, Sangli route, if yes what is the feedback of these roads? Want to choose an option with better roads even if it's slightly longer.

Any inputs would be helpful

Map with both options
Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-map.png
Old 23rd October 2022, 22:22   #1191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gismosin View Post
One is the most common route people have mentioned here (via Vijayapura, Belagavi) however I am curious if anyone used Solapur, Sangli route, if yes what is the feedback of these roads?
NH-65 until Solapur is largely alright except the multiple diversions immediately after entering Maharashtra. We did this trip in early October. You can head straight to Kolhapur on NH-166 (pretty new concrete road all the way) and then to Gargoti via Kagal. Then you reach Goa after Amboli ghat. Whatever you do, do NOT go through the Ajara-Gargoti road, it's in a pathetic state.

Here's the route we took, except it's for Goa-Hyderabad and not the other way around.
Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-trip-goa-last-day-route.png

I don't think theres any perfect route though. We completed this journey in roughly 14 hours and 45 minutes. Good luck with your trip!
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 22:43   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gismosin View Post
Folks,

I have a trip to Goa scheduled in November, google maps shows two routes. One is the most common route people have mentioned here (via Vijayapura, Belagavi) however I am curious if anyone used Solapur, Sangli route, if yes what is the feedback of these roads? Want to choose an option with better roads even if it's slightly longer.

Any inputs would be helpful
I took the solapur -> Sangli->Belgavi -> Goa route last August on the onward journey. I wrote about it in detail a page or two back in this thread. The road from Hyd to Solapur was pretty good, but rest of it was so-so. I would prefer the traditional route via vijayapura/hubli which is what I took on the way back.
CCRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 10:39   #1193

In continuation to my earlier post, i did mention nit to take the hyd-raichur-dharwad - tina ghat road. But that road is far better than the route i have taken back from goa.

It was scary adventure with my wife and kid enroute to huderabad. I did want to travel via belgavi-vijaypura- zaheerabad road and i did add stops at vijaypura sensing that gmaps is not trust worthy! Alas, while the first leg was alright and it took me through the designated road but suddenly optimized and i did not check either and i ended up again at the tina ghat route. Before heading to dharwad i did take a deviation to belgavi but that road was so horrible and horrendus and pathetic i turned around and took the road back to dharwad. After dharwad i took a detour to vijaypura. the road was okishh but loads of speed breakers with multiple villages to pass affecting your overall travel time.
i started from goa at 10AM but because of unknown reasons using gmaps i had to take multiple detours.

Since it was getting late i think approx 50km before vijaypura i toona detour towards vikarabad. This is the most horrible and pathetic road i have ever driven Avoid this road under any circumstance. Its more like a deserted road wherein you do not even find trucks commuting. I must have hardly seen 20-25 vehicles passing through the road i have traversed.

I had a flat tire infact 2 tires due to a deep pothole filled with some rubbish. It was 7:30pm in the night i had passed the nearest town which is Talkoti 8km before the incident. I was fortunate enough as a kind family who travelled via that road to solapur helped us. Anither gentleman from ksrtc called some mechanic and spoke to some tyre dealers. Imagine you are in a no mans world with your 3yr kid and wife and no place to stay and no food middle of a deserted place. I required 2 tyres R17 which was impossible to procure. I headed back to Talkoti around 8:45pm after a kind hearted mechanic helped us with a patch to the tyres. we waited until 11:45PM and luckily we managed to get the tires from some mrf dealer. 12AM i started and traversed through the most difficult and pathetic terrains. Not a soul not a vehicle. I reached hyderabad around 4:30AM.
The vikarabad road is in a pathetic condition. I finally hit moinabad and i felt like thank god its over!

The road i took from goa to hyd was

Goa-Tina Ghat- dharwad-bagalkote-vijaupura-talkoti-vikarabad-hyd - this was one of the road options shown by google and please avoid this!

Maybe the zaheerabad road via belgavi and vijaypura is a proper NH, not sure the road i have taken to vijaypura from dharwad was a NH.

I would rather suggest go for hyd-raichur-dharwad-goa

Happy travelling!
Travelyogi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 13:51   #1194
BHPian

For North Goa, i found the route Hyderabad-Vijaypura-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Chorla-Goa to be the best.

For South Goa,I found the route Hyderabad-Vijaypura-Bagalkot-Hubbali-Yellapur-Goa to be better as the road conditions are quite good. However given a choice i would always prefer the route via Chorla.

Last edited by dpkbehera : 28th October 2022 at 13:53. Reason: incorrect info
Old 7th November 2022, 19:01   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceEnjoyer View Post
Here's the route we took, except it's for Goa-Hyderabad and not the other way around.

I don't think theres any perfect route though. We completed this journey in roughly 14 hours and 45 minutes. Good luck with your trip!
Thanks, this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
I took the solapur -> Sangli->Belgavi -> Goa route last August on the onward journey. I wrote about it in detail a page or two back in this thread. The road from Hyd to Solapur was pretty good, but rest of it was so-so. I would prefer the traditional route via vijayapura/hubli which is what I took on the way back.
Thank you! went through it now.

So essentially looks like it’s the Vijayapuri route, will be traveling a couple of weeks from now, will post how it went
gismosin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 19:32   #1196
BHPian

How is the Hyderabad-Gadwal-Raichur road? Is that as bad as the Hyd-Mehbubnagar-Raichur road?
Old 30th November 2022, 14:07   #1197
BHPian

Hi, what’s the preferred road from Hyd to South Goa (Canacona)? Heard from many that the Hyd - Gulabarga - Bijapur - Hubli - Karwar - Goa route has the best roads. Can someone confirm this? Also, plan to have a relaxed drive and stay overnight at Hubli. Any suggestions on hotels in Hubli? Trip is planned in December. Thanks.
Old 30th November 2022, 15:20   #1198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmish View Post
Hi, what’s the preferred road from Hyd to South Goa (Canacona)? Heard from many that the Hyd - Gulabarga - Bijapur - Hubli - Karwar - Goa route has the best roads. Can someone confirm this? Also, plan to have a relaxed drive and stay overnight at Hubli. Any suggestions on hotels in Hubli? Trip is planned in December. Thanks.
Been there earlier this month. The road from Hubli to Ankola via Yellapur, is suprisingly not in a good state. I would suggest Hubli-Ramnagar-Margao-Canacona. Or you could plan to stay at Belgaum if you plan to go via Bijapur. And then you could follow Belgaum-Ramnagar-Margao. Besides, the budget hotels in hubli are not well maintained.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 19:53   #1199
BHPian

Hello Folks, just back from Goa and here is my observation

HYD-GOA 27-Nov (Start 1:30 AM - Reached 4:30 PM) 15 hours with multiple breaks and getting lost a couple of times

Road taken:
Kukatpally>Humnabad - excellent 4 lane road, hardly any traffic when we started
Humnabad> Kalaburagi - Raod is good, multiple speed breakers especially around village entry & exits, hardly any traffic during this time
Kalaburagi> Vijayapura via Jevargi (NH50) - Superb road, breeze to drive on, very less speed breakers, hardly any traffic early in the morning
Vijayapura>Bagalkote - The ring road in Vijayapura has massive speed breakers so keep a look out as they are not even marked. after that road is good
Bagalkote>Belagavi - good roads, no major issues
Belagavi> Candolim via Chorla ghat - Chorla ghat has bad road, pretty bad craters will will turn your journey in to a crawl, until you reach Goa. The decent from the ghats is great with good road but some maniacal drivers around. Avoid this road if possible (refer to my return to a better road)

GOA-HYD 02-Dec (Start 6:10 AM - Reached 9:30 PM) 15:20 hours with multiple breaks and relatively sedate driving

Candolim>Belagavi via Tilari Nagar ghat - Started once there was some daylight as did not want to cover the ghats in the dark, by the time I reached the ghat section it was slightly past 7. Ghats are a little steep in climb, but nothing an SUV and some careful driving cannot manage. This route I felt was much easier than Choral to navigate. Roads are much better, even the bad patches are easy to navigate, some road maintenance/expansion work happening at some patches but is not a major hindrance. From Tilari Nagar viewpoint to Belagavi the road is easy and does not even appear to be a ghat section. Overall much easier road to take, hardly any traffic and honestly much less fatigue then Chorla

The rest of the return journey was same as the road taken.

Last edited by gismosin : 3rd December 2022 at 19:55. Reason: some corrections
gismosin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 17:07   #1200
BHPian

Recently did a Hyderabad-Goa trip.
Best route at the moment for any car is:
Hyderabad-Humnabad-Vijaypura-Bagalkote-Belgavi-Amboli Ghat- North Goa

Can be done in 13 to 14 hrs without stop.
TJ02 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks