Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2010, 22:54   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Hi, isn't that the route with red sand and all potholes with no roads, and it takes 2 hours to cover those 22 KMs? I really don't want to go through that again.. has this been re-laid?
Not sure which is the route you referring to,NH4A is the one which goes through Belgaum-Khanapur-Londa-Mollem-Ponda-Panjim,this is the route usually taken by the iron ore lorries,this has been relaid now,there might be small stretches but overall the route has been reported good now,if not then you can try the Amboli route,Gadhinglaj-Ajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Panjim
Old 29th November 2010, 11:40   #137
BHPian

Khaled bhai, Take the following route

HYD-MBNR-RAICHUR-BAGALKOT-BELGAUM-AMBOLI-GOA. Travelled on this route on 28th Oct. Except for 30-40 KM between Raichur & Bagalkot, rest of the route is good. You can ask Silverwood for more minute details as the route is his territory.
Old 29th November 2010, 14:47   #138
BHPian

last time i went through gulbarga, bijapur, bagalkot... terrible roads and spent most of the after noon around bagalkot looking for a decent road. I really don't want to go through that again. Can you please give a detailed map or something of the route you did last month. I'll contact silverwood too, thanks.

Last edited by unoczar : 29th November 2010 at 14:47. Reason: missed a word
Old 29th November 2010, 15:05   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Amboli route,Gadhinglaj-Ajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Panjim
This is a good road. It can be approached via the KA side or the tried and tested MA side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
last time i went through gulbarga, bijapur, bagalkot... terrible roads and spent most of the after noon around bagalkot looking for a decent road. I really don't want to go through that again. Can you please give a detailed map or something of the route you did last month. I'll contact silverwood too, thanks.
Option 1: Take the Raichur-Bagalkot-Belgaum and then take Gadhinglaj-Ajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Panjim

Option 2 : Hyd-Solapur-Pandharpur-Kolaphur-NH4-Gadhinglaj-Ajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Panjim

Option 2 would be longer but, i am sure roads after monsoons must have been laid back. So you can be assured of good ones.
Old 29th November 2010, 15:07   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
This is a good road. It can be approached via the KA side or the tried and tested MA side.

Option 1: Take the Raichur-Bagalkot-Belgaum and then take Gadhinglaj-Ajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Panjim

Option 2 : Hyd-Solapur-Pandharpur-Kolaphur-NH4-Gadhinglaj-Ajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Panjim
Hyd-Solapur is bad at the moment,go via Bijapur,KA state highways tend to be better than NH9!
Old 30th November 2010, 08:24   #141
BHPian

ok, now i want to go from hyd-zaheerabad-gulbarga-bijapur (lunch), problem is from bijapur to belgaum which is the best route? athani, chikoti OR any other? From belgaum then i'll probably take the sawantwadi, amboli ghat, panjim, right?
Old 30th November 2010, 16:19   #142
BHPian

Quote:

Option 3: Hyd-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Athani-Chikodi-Sankeshwar-Gadhinglaj-Ajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Panjim.

I personally know that, road is really good from Bijapur to Sankeshwar with less traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuch View Post
So I'd recommend anyone going to Goa to take the route via Bijapur and Gulbarga after comparing both the routes. Only problem is the relatively bad strech from Chikodi to Nipani. It might be possible to avoid this by going to Miraj from Kagvad and then to Kolhapur but I don't know how that strech would be.
Chikodi-Nipani is 25 kms, and there is a plan to improve this stretch in next one year. But, if you want to go to Gadhinglaj, from Chikodi head towards Sankeshwar which connects to Gadhinglaj. Chikodi-Sankeshwar road is good with less traffic.

Last edited by mobike008 : 30th November 2010 at 16:34. Reason: Posted within 20 mins
Old 21st February 2011, 16:32   #143
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Hi people!

Too confused with which route to take.
1.HYD-Solapur-Kolhapur-Goa
2.Hyd-MBNR-Raichur-Koppal-NH63-Ankola-Karwar-Goa
3.Hyd-Homnabad-Bijapur-Goa
4.Hyd-Lingasugur-Belgaum-Goa

Any updates on the best route and fastest route to reach Goa would be greatly appreciated.Many thanx,.
Old 22nd February 2011, 10:21   #144
BHPian

Bgm - Hyd

Planning to do a HYD trip next month. Can someone let me know the present conditions of this route.

BGM - Bagalkot - Hungund - Lingsugur - Raichur - Mahbubnagar - HYD.

Any good hotels in Raichur to spend a night ?

Cheers,
Old 12th April 2011, 16:22   #145
BHPian

I am planning to do a trip to Goa with family for a two days. I am planning to do a non-stop drive from hyd to goa. Couple of years back I took Hyderabad -> Mahabubnagar -> raichur -> sindhanur -> gangawati -> short cut route to gadag -> hostpet -> karwar -> goa

Can you tell me the current status of this road ?
Old 12th April 2011, 16:31   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
I am planning to do a trip to Goa with family for a two days. I am planning to do a non-stop drive from hyd to goa. Couple of years back I took Hyderabad -> Mahabubnagar -> raichur -> sindhanur -> gangawati -> short cut route to gadag -> hostpet -> karwar -> goa

Can you tell me the current status of this road ?
From Raichur you could also take Lingasugur-Ilkal,Bagalkot,Belgaum-Goa route as well.
Old 12th April 2011, 17:03   #147
BHPian

Any idea how the dharwad -> londa -> panjim road condition ?
Old 12th April 2011, 17:31   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
Any idea how the dharwad -> londa -> panjim road condition ?
This road passes via Ramnagar and Alnavar and is not in good condition.

It is better if you stick to the original route via karwar. (NH63)

BTW-Whats you ride mate.?
Old 12th April 2011, 17:33   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
BTW-Whats you ride mate.?
He drives an Innova

Prem, stick to the route that Silverwood suggested or take the tried and tested but long MH route.

Trying different/experimental routes for Goa has been disastrous for some of us
Old 12th April 2011, 22:12   #150
BHPian

Quote:
He drives an Innova

Prem, stick to the route that Silverwood suggested or take the tried and tested but long MH route.

Trying different/experimental routes for Goa has been disastrous for some of us
Thanks Mobike. Yes, I travel in my innova. Between, there is another new one in the family now. Skoda Laura Elegance. An awesome piece of machine. I am loving it.

Most Viewed