Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2019, 21:18   #1051

Re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasenjit1977 View Post
I am planning for a drive from Hyderabad to Goa next weekend i.e. from 21st to 26th September.

Planning to take Hyderabad-Humnabad-Gulbarga-Bagalkot-Khanapur-Mollem-Ponda-Utorda Beach (South Goa).

How is the road condition presently considering the flooding of roads that took place enroute and in and around Goa last month, especially after Bagalkot.

Is there any other better route for going to South Goa from Hyderabad.

Regards
Prasenjit
I am Planning to leave early morning on 28th September. It would be great if you can help me the road conditions and some good eateries on the way

Thanks in advance
Old 7th October 2019, 11:09   #1052
BHPian

Got back from Goa trip last night (Oct 2 - Oct 6). Google maps sent us along the Mollam route (closed for road works for the next few months). We had do a detour back to the road via Jamboti. Google Maps also sends you via a shortcut(?) via Shiroli that is also best avoided. Google maps itself says possible road closure but yet decided to send us there. This was not all, time and again Google Maps chooses local routes, roads through villages to save questionable few minutes. Always choose the state highway (50 & 52) instead, the time difference will be minimal if any, the roads are much better.

Here's the recommended route between Hyderabad and Goa.
Hyderabad -> Humnabad -> Gulbarga (ring road) -> Bagalkot (stay on SH 50 and 52, avoid Google Maps suggestions here) -> Belgaum (avoid GMap suggestion via Khanapur) -> Jamboti -> Chorla Ghat > Goa.

On the way to Goa we stopped at Vijaypura (Kyriad Vijayapura, thanks for the tip @9tMax, this is a decent hotel, avoid the road facing rooms for a quiet stay). But this is too early a stop (5-6 hrs) when heading to Goa. Instead, recommend staying at Belgaum for a night halt, rest for the Ghat section to Goa the next day.

For food options, recommend Belgaum (we had decent veg food at Saffron restaurant), Vijaypura (Kyriad) and Gulbarga (we had lunch at The South run by a family, pretty good home food and spicy, next to Ibaco, didn't see restrooms around though), avoid Atharva hotel/restaurant near Gulbarga ring road, restrooms weren't clean though food was okay.

On the way back, we started in South Goa at 9:30 AM and reached Hyderabad close to midnight with halts for lunch at Belgaum and Dinner at Gulbarga. Best done in a relaxed manner, helps that both my wife and I drive and we split time behind the wheel. Watch out for the dogs strolling across, unmarked speed breakers, usual things to watch out for on our state highways.

Last edited by trishul : 7th October 2019 at 11:15.
trishul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 10:49   #1053
BHPian

Looking for suggestions for restaurants with restrooms at Gulbarga and in-between Vijaypura and Belgaum. The recommended route is still the same i.e.
Hyderabad -> Humnabad -> Gulbarga (ring road) -> VijayPura -> Bagalkot -> Belgaum -> Jamboti -> Chorla Ghat > Goa. Incase there any suggestions/changes to the same, Please advise.
Old 9th December 2019, 11:48   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Once you exit Gulbarga bypass towards Vijay pura you have some restaurants.

Vijay pura to Belgaum you cannot find decent restaurants.
You need to stock up food in the car
Old 12th December 2019, 12:04   #1055
BHPian

Google maps shows the following options i.e.
a) Poornanand veg restaurant and Brewberry Gulbarga as options on the Ring road Gulbarga
b) Sai Sagar Family Restaurant in Bagalkot
c) Shindhe Green Garden Family Restaurant and Shanti Priya Hotel at Lokapur (Between Bagalkot and Belgaum).

Hope these are good and safe for breaks in-between.

Last edited by dpkbehera : 12th December 2019 at 12:21. Reason: Additional Info
Old 4th October 2020, 08:57   #1056
BHPian

What is the best route for traveling from Goa to Hyderabad?
Old 5th October 2020, 13:30   #1057
BHPian

The best route to North Goa is :
Hyderabad - Zahirabad - Humnabad - Gulbarga Ring Road - Jevargi - Sindagi - Vijayapura (Bijapur) - Bagalkot - Belgaum - Chorla Ghat - Goa.
The last 15-20 km as you enter Belgaum is in a mess as road work is going on.
Roads via Amboli ghat and via Londa are in bad shape.
hydtraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 09:24   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydtraveller View Post
The best route to North Goa is :
Hyderabad - Zahirabad - Humnabad - Gulbarga Ring Road - Jevargi - Sindagi - Vijayapura (Bijapur) - Bagalkot - Belgaum - Chorla Ghat - Goa.
The last 15-20 km as you enter Belgaum is in a mess as road work is going on.
Roads via Amboli ghat and via Londa are in bad shape.
I recently traveled from Pune to Goa via Chorla and sadly the decent (Goa side) is in horrible shape. Is there any other option other than chorla? How about Anmod?
Old 1st November 2020, 22:20   #1059
BHPian

Anybody travelled recently to update the latest conditions Of the roads and the best route to take??
Old 6th November 2020, 13:43   #1060
BHPian

Hi All,*

Did the Mollem-Anmod-Belgaum-Vijayapura-Jevargi-Gulbarga-Humnabad-Hyd yesterday.*

Apart from a few broken patches and some under construction patches between Khanapur-Belgaum, the roads are beautiful.*

Started at 5.15am and reached at 6.30pm. Patancheru to Begumpet took nearly 2hrs for a 50km stretch*��
Ridiculous traffic, regretted not taking the ring road

Unless Chorla gets done up, the above route is the best bet. I will be returning around 18-19th November. Will update further.*
abhinavj01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 19:01   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavj01 View Post
Hi All,*

Did the Mollem-Anmod-Belgaum-Vijayapura-Jevargi-Gulbarga-Humnabad-Hyd yesterday.*
Hi Abhinav,

What was the route you took from Belgaum to Vijayapura?

Thanks in advance!
Old 6th November 2020, 19:24   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanmadhini View Post
Hi Abhinav,

What was the route you took from Belgaum to Vijayapura?

Thanks in advance!
From Belgaum SH20 till Bagalkot via Nesargi, Yaragatti
Then SH52 till Vijayapura
abhinavj01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 14:04   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,*

Apart from a few broken patches and some under construction patches between Khanapur-Belgaum, the roads are beautiful.*

Started at 5.15am and reached at 6.30pm. Patancheru to Begumpet took nearly 2hrs for a 50km stretch*��
Ridiculous traffic, regretted not taking the ring road

Unless Chorla gets done up, the above route is the best bet. I will be returning around 18-19th November. Will update further.*
Thanks for the update. So did you travel again on 18th nov?

Also if i am going to north goa then wouldn't it be a longer route taking Anmod from Belgaum? Is chorla that bad?
Old 23rd November 2020, 15:12   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Thanks for the update. So did you travel again on 18th nov?

Also if i am going to north goa then wouldn't it be a longer route taking Anmod from Belgaum? Is chorla that bad?
Just came back on Saturday. Sadly, Belgaum-Khanapur-Bhimgarh WLS seems to be equally bad with lot of potholes and oncoming traffic in Bhimgarh WLS. Surprisingly didn't seem so on the way to Hyd, probably because we hit Bhimgarh WLS early morning about 7am.
I would say its even-steven at the moment.

PS: I do stay in North Goa, about 15 mins before Panjim
Old 25th November 2020, 14:19   #1065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,*

Can you share entire route taken on maps?

I'm confused after Jevargi how to reach vijaypura. GPS turns me before reaching vijayapura from place called devar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks