Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2006, 06:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Need help for delhi trichur trip

Planning to do a delhi trichur trip. Any one done a similar route? please help . Need help for planning the route what all things do we need to take care of. i have never done such a long trip but would love to do so.

Regards

Pramod
Old 29th August 2006, 08:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

wow! dont make the trip alone. WHich car?
Old 29th August 2006, 08:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wowwww...!!!!!

Would love to do this sometime in life......

Anyways are u planning to reach there by Onam...
Old 29th August 2006, 08:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

There is a bible available on indianhighways. Contact Mr.Kumar. It will really help you.
Old 29th August 2006, 09:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee
There is a bible available on indianhighways. Contact Mr.Kumar. It will really help you.
How do u contact this guy??? n some details abt him pls.....
Old 29th August 2006, 10:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
How do u contact this guy??? n some details abt him pls.....
register yourself in indiahighways@yahoogroups.com

Abhi
akroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2006, 15:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar
Planning to do a delhi trichur trip. Any one done a similar route? please help . Need help for planning the route what all things do we need to take care of. i have never done such a long trip but would love to do so.

Regards

Pramod
Hai Pramod,

Nice trip you are planning, it would be exciting to do this.

Sure, Kumar on Indian Highways is a fentastic resource and so accurate too. If you log on to Indian Highways and put up this question, he would invariably answer your quiery with details.

I have some info. which would be useful. I have done Ahemdabad-Delhi-Chandigarh-Shimla- Kullu stretch once and Ahmedabad-Delhi twice. Again I've done Ahemdabad-Calicut-Cochin last year and Ahmedabd- Mumbai stretch many times, Some detials.

A lot would depend on what car you are driving, if you have 2 drivers yo can cover more distance in a day safely.

You would be able to do Delhi-Bhilwara-Chittorgarh-Udaiput one day, about 650 KM, excellent roads, Udaipur - Ahmedabad - Thane - 780 - you would need to stretch this day with 2 drivers but doable since you would have very good roads from Udaipur to Baroda and from Manor to Thane. Thane to Margoa - 600 KM, doable since the roads again are good, Margao to Calicut about 590 KMS, good roads till Kerala border from there on you would slow down, Calicut to Trichur about 150 Km (need to check this distance). You can take maybe a day off at Goa since it would be midway. If you start early around 5-6 am you would be able to finish each days run before 8-9 pm and have adequate rest for the night. If you need help with stay etc., let me know, I can suggest some places.

Hope this helps.

==Ramky

===========
Old 30th August 2006, 15:55   #8
BHPian

I have a friend who did bangalore to delhi in about 2 days in a sonata, he bnow resides in delhi , if this information is useful to you let me know i will provide his nos. in delhi for you to talk to him
Old 30th August 2006, 16:54   #9
Team-BHP Support

I cant advise you much on what route to take, but here are some don'ts
1. Do not take the shortest route, i,e, thought maharashtra/MP etc., The roads suck due to very poor status of North south corridor, and dacoities are abundant
2. Rajasthan and Gujrat are reeling in floods. Check up on the Delhi - Mumbai route well in advance
3. From Mumbai to Mangalore, you are in the western ghats, i.e. the konkan railway route. Be aware of landslide problems etc.,
4. Once in kerela, till calicut you will have more hilly terrain, after that things smoothen out.
5. You will not get Pepsi and Coke in Kerela, so if you are an addict drink all you can in Mangalore. I dont know if the state border has anti coke import laws.
Old 2nd September 2006, 06:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for this huge responce guys . i have 98 model esteem lx and i am just planning this cause my in laws in kerala are really excited about my car and even i remember those noastalgic days when i used to ride my bikes in kerala. i am planning to relocate to blore, so i will have to take my car along, i thought it will be exciting to drive down there rather than taking it in a truck.
pramod
Old 8th September 2006, 09:47   #11

dude just did delhi pondy dont take to the roads now condition is bad
Old 19th August 2014, 01:21   #12
BHPian

ahmedabad - trichur trip in october

hi guys,
I am planning a trip from ahmedabad to trichur in kerala in october during the diwali holidays. will be driving a vento petrol and has an experience of driving down to mahabaleshwar from ahmedabad (approx 800 km that includes ghat sections) in one day in the same vehicle (with my family). I am planning not to drive during nights. My question is will i be able to reach thrishur in two days (considering that i will be keeping an 80-100km/h driving schedule). Both days i will start early in the day and call it a day before sunset. If somebody can suggest ideal night stay options, that will be great
sreepathy
Old 19th August 2014, 11:46   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: ahmedabad - trichur trip in october

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepathy View Post
My question is will i be able to reach thrishur in two days
Considering your previous experience, I think you can make it. I'd suggest to stay in Kolhapur/Belgaum on day 1 and do the rest on day 2 using the straightforward Ahmedabad-Bombay-Pune-Bangalore-Salem-Thrissur route. If you make it to Kolhapur at least you'll have less things to worry on day 2.

But I doubt it can be done in dawn to dusk, with a 1900 km total you'll end up doing about 1000 a day with bottlenecks like Bombay, Pune-Satara, condition, Ankleshwar-Bharuch bypass bridge on day 1 and Hosur mess on day 2. You'll probably be doing a 4am/6am to 10pm drives to make this work.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 12:54   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepathy View Post
hi guys,
I am planning a trip from ahmedabad to trichur in kerala in october during the diwali holidays. will be driving a vento petrol and has an experience of driving down to mahabaleshwar from ahmedabad (approx 800 km that includes ghat sections) in one day in the same vehicle (with my family). I am planning not to drive during nights. My question is will i be able to reach thrishur in two days (considering that i will be keeping an 80-100km/h driving schedule). Both days i will start early in the day and call it a day before sunset. If somebody can suggest ideal night stay options, that will be great
sreepathy
if you can reach kolhapur on day one then you can make it to thrissur on the second day in 15-16 hrs . considering that taking the coimbatore- walayar - palakkad - thrissur ( via kuthirtan ) is a bad option . your best bet is to drive via kolhapur - belgaum - dharwad - hubli - bangalore nice road - hosur - salem - avinashi - palladam - pollachi - kollengode - alathur - thrissur ! you can do superb speeds upto avinashi( roads are 4 and 6 lanes wid thin traffic except at hosur , thoppur ghat section and around salem ) after which speeds will be more of 80-100 type .

best stay option at kolhapur is hotel opal on the highway itself .

if you plan to stretch upto belgaum then hotel ramdev international , again on the highway .

a bit more stretching will take you to dharwad , where you can stay at kamat yatri nivas .

on the route you can find various eating joints .
kamats at dobbspet
mcdy , ccd etc at shoolagiri HPCL .
COCO BP and A2B near dharmapuri toll
A2B at krishnagiri
various option at salem .
saravana bhavan travellers inn just before salem toll gate , vaikundam
hotel chennis at perundurai bypass
paray village country hotel , kollengode

these are my usual stops .there are a lot many more . food at all the above places is uniformly good !
lone_driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 13:19   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Considering your previous experience, I think you can make it. I'd suggest to stay in Kolhapur/Belgaum on day 1 and do the rest on day 2 using the straightforward Ahmedabad-Bombay-Pune-Bangalore-Salem-Thrissur route. If you make it to Kolhapur at least you'll have less things to worry on day 2.

But I doubt it can be done in dawn to dusk, with a 1900 km total you'll end up doing about 1000 a day with bottlenecks like Bombay, Pune-Satara, condition, Ankleshwar-Bharuch bypass bridge on day 1 and Hosur mess on day 2. You'll probably be doing a 4am/6am to 10pm drives to make this work.
thanks for the suggestions. i know mumbai, pune-satara will be problems from my mahabaleshwar trip. bharuch is no more an issue.. i think the bridge has been fixed. it was a breeze (again during my mahabaleshwar trip) last december. as you rightly said, i need to start early and end a bit late. but that will be tiring. well, i think ending day one at kolhapur will make things easier on day two.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks