Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2006, 12:23   #16
BHPian

I am overwhlemed by your replies and suggestions thank you every one, I will be doing the trip 22 of september , and will post a detailed review also
Old 31st August 2006, 16:09   #17
BHPian

Prashanth,

If I were you, I wouldn't do the stretch in a day. That too with family. Driver fatigue is the biggest cause of accidents. Most often it creeps up on you unawares.

I think, stopping midway will make the journey more enjoyable.

All the best! Drive safe.
Old 5th September 2006, 04:06   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival
Have a look at http://www.mapsofindia.com/driving-d...tions-map.html for waypoints along the way and the distance between them.
Off topic here, but is there a site, similar to mapsofindia.com, wherein you can select your departure and destination points, and get driving directions and suggested routes?
With mapsofindia.com, you require to purchase the CD for about a grand, to be able to enjoy the benefits that it offers.
I was wondering if there was a free site, like yahoo maps, that folks in the US take advantage of, when planning cross-country road trips.
Old 16th September 2006, 16:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha
Off topic here, but is there a site, similar to mapsofindia.com, wherein you can select your departure and destination points, and get driving directions and suggested routes?
With mapsofindia.com, you require to purchase the CD for about a grand, to be able to enjoy the benefits that it offers.
I was wondering if there was a free site, like yahoo maps, that folks in the US take advantage of, when planning cross-country road trips.
try www.mapmyindia.com. Go to the 2007 version and in the top fram choose destination and then type bangalore & mumbai and hit search. you will get extremely detailed driving instructions to reach mumbai from bangalore.

Vikram
Old 19th September 2006, 11:34   #20
BHPian

I saw the www.mapmyindia.com site, it is truly amazing. Can some of you help me chose a good but economic hotel in mumbai with parking for a 3 night stay, It will be very useful, if you can give me the links to the hotels I can book them. Thank you guys
Old 19th September 2006, 19:17   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Prashanth, guess it would help if you can say which area, if you know where you are going.
Old 20th September 2006, 10:07   #22
BHPian

well in central mumbai, close to all the happenning places, I plan to park the car and use the mumbai taxi to commute
Old 30th September 2006, 11:53   #23
Team-BHP Support

hi guys,

im planning on doing bangalore-pune tomorrow. planning to leave at 5am in the morning hopefully reach belgaum by lunch time and then head for pune. hope to reach pune by dinner time. is this possible?

any advice on the roads. i will be travelling with my folks as well as a friend who willl also drive. where should one stop for food and rest along this route. how is the road condition.

any suggestions along the whole trip. will be taking my lancer for this trip.
Old 2nd October 2006, 00:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

So how was the journey to pune.
Old 4th October 2006, 09:54   #25
Team-BHP Support

sadly i couldnt make the trip. i wanted to get the car checked up before going. the lancer guys were closed on saturday on account of ayudha pooja. and when i showed the car to a local mechanic he noticed there was a small leak in the hose pipe. he dint have a spare and i didnt want to take the risk without getting everything checked up. the second reason being the return was scheduled for today which is a state wide bandh due to protest in belgaum. returning via belgaum wasnt advisable.
this trip is now postponed to october21st. hope no eventualities this time.

an interesting link:
http://www.nhai.org/NH4_Mumbai_Chennai_english.htm
this says only 66kms is not yet completed on the G quad as on 31st aug 2006.
should be a good drive then.
Old 25th October 2006, 06:39   #26
BHPian

I did Pune to Bangalore in May 2005. The roads were ok to good in some streches. I stayed in baner (outskirts of Pune), very near to the highway. It said Bangalore 848Kms from the place where i started. I had one driver with me and we drove 60:40 (i mean i drove almost 60% of the way) we stopped thrice, 30 mins lunch and 2 X 15 mins refresheres. I started at 6:00AM from Pune and reached Bangalore City Rly. Stn. at 7.55PM. I pushed at some places to 110Kmph the higjest the though was safe in my WagonR, but not on places the roads were ok.
Old 25th October 2006, 11:08   #27
BHPian

I did the run from bangalore to kolhapur, kolahpur mumbai and on the way back did mumbai bangalore in 14 hrs , the roads are fantastic would recomend it to any1 who loves driving.

The bad stretches are in between chitradurga and davangere
Old 25th October 2006, 11:15   #28
Team-BHP Support

Hey prashanth it would be great if we get a brief report of your journey to help others like me who are interested in doing this.
Let us know where you stopped on the way overnight as well as for food. and your overall experience. Any bottlenecks and precautions to be taken.
Thanks.
Old 16th August 2007, 13:18   #29
BHPian

Hi team!
I'm planning a trip to pune in the last week of Sep by road. I'll be driving a Santro. I've two options in my mind:
1) To Start at 3 p.m. from Bangalore - Take a halt somewhere around 8 p.m. - Continue the rest of the journey next day.

2) To make early start at 4 a.m. and drive till pune with breaks.

I'm the only driver during the whole trip.

Please suggest me with the route in detail. How much time will it take to reach Pune leisurely? Which one is the best option? If I go by plan 1, then which city I can choose for a night halt?

Thanks.
Old 18th August 2007, 11:24   #30
BHPian

updates on the road as of 15/8/7

The Volvo (sharma volvo) i was travelling in had its underbelly kissin mother earth twice between chitradurga and haveri. While going (on 11th aug), the KSRTC volvo i was travelling in wasnt so lucky. No less than 4 times did it touch the underbelly. Roads are very bad between Chitradurga and Haveri, lot of diversions and potholes. The rest of the route is awesome though
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks