Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2006, 23:24   #1
BHPian

Help Required Road Trip Mumbai - Nagpur

Hi guys i want to drive from Mumbai to Nagpur Need some info.

1) Which route to take- Via Nasikh or Via Pune?
2) condition of the Road?
3) A Night Halt where? i will be leaving mumbai at 5 am
4) Good Food Joints & petrol filling stations
5) Breakdown service for Maruti.

Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 11:11   #2
BHPian

Re: Help Required Road Trip Mumbai - Nagpur

Hi Guys,
Bumping an old thread to get tips for a Mumbai-Nagpur travel in today’s context (Corona threat)

I am planning to travel to Nagpur from Mumbai with my dad (70+) before mid April, on a weekend. I understand that public transport like Train or flight would be a much more comfortable means but given the corona threat i am considering a road trip as well.

Gmaps shows multiple routes of which the two reasonable ones are:
1) Nashik - Dhule - Khandwa - Betul - Nagpur
2) Pune - Ahmednagar - Aurangabad - Jalna - Nagpur

Depending on what time of the day I check, Google seems to alternate the route suggestion between these two although the Pune one is shorter.

Also as it’s a long journey I would need to make a night halt and a safe and a decent (no hygiene issues) place for halt is also my priority.
So let’s say I start early on a Saturday morning i can cover about 500 odd Kms by the end of the day and would need to halt.
So any recommendations on which route to take and decent stop overs (considering my dad is with me) would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Dhananjay
Old 27th March 2020, 21:35   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
Hi Guys,
Bumping an old thread to get tips for a Mumbai-Nagpur travel in today’s context (Corona threat)
We had a biker's meet in outskirts of Nagpur. I did this trip on bike, along with 2 other riders, in Nov'19. At that time the route Mumbai - Jalgaon - Akola - Amravati was totally in bad shape, Im not sure of condition now - maybe not very good. That time few other colleagues started from Pune - Ahmednagar - Aurangabad route, but that was bad too.

At that time, we took a longer route, but the roads were very nice.
Started early morning from Mumbai - Nashik - Dhule - Sendhwa - Khandwa - Betul - reached late evening, stopped for night stay. Next day it was a shorter run for us.

You can find decent hotels in Khandwa and Betul, and not much in-between. If you can really start at 5-6 AM max, then possible to reach Betul by evening, including few breaks.

regarding Corono issue, hope for the best.

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 21:54   #4
BHPian

Take the Eway from Mum, enter pune to reach ahmednagar with a mixed traffic scene, there is a bypass sort of road towards aurangabad...make a night halt at aurangabad.

Next morning leave after breakfast, and also stock up with packed lunch as no decent hotels enroute. There is one after right turn ends on bypass beyond mehekar though...

Take the jalna - mehekar - washim route through amravati, after which the road is fantastic. there are a few rough patches but nothing discouraging.
SX4LOVER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 11:33   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
We had a biker's meet in outskirts of Nagpur. I did this trip on bike, along with 2 other riders, in Nov'19. At that time the route Mumbai - Jalgaon - Akola - Amravati was totally in bad shape, Im not sure of condition now - maybe not very good. That time few other colleagues started from Pune - Ahmednagar - Aurangabad route, but that was bad too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
Take the Eway from Mum, enter pune to reach ahmednagar with a mixed traffic scene, there is a bypass sort of road towards aurangabad...make a night halt at aurangabad.
Thanks for the reply guys. With the lock down enforced, I don't think it'll possible for me to travel anymore. I'll keep your suggestions in mind if and when I do a road trip in future.
Thanks!
Old 23rd January 2022, 17:24   #6
BHPian

Hello! I am planning to go to Pench from Mumbai and was wondering which route to take. Everything I have read so far indicates a toss up between Mumbai-Igatpuri-Aurangabad-Nagpur and Mumbai-Pune-Nagpur. Not sure which is better.

I drive a Octavia, so not a lot of ground clearance and preference for unbroken surface. I intend to do this over two days with a halt at Jalna on the way out and perhaps Aurangabad on the way back.

Looking for advice on preferable route and suggestions on places to stay and eat, etc.
Old 23rd January 2022, 17:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GauravTaneja View Post
Hello! I am planning to go to Pench from Mumbai and was wondering which route to take. Everything I have read so far indicates a toss up between Mumbai-Igatpuri-Aurangabad-Nagpur and Mumbai-Pune-Nagpur. Not sure which is better.
Mumbai - Igatpuri - Aurangabad will be better. You will avoid Pune - Ahmednagar stretch, which has heavy traffic.

Even better will be Mumbai - Murbad - Malshej ghat - Alephata - Ahmednagar. The road is good and traffic isn't much.

Don't take bypass at Ahmednagar, going through the city is easier. Ahmednagar bypass is a big problem. The flyover construction is under way at Ahmednagar, so expect few minutes of slow traffic. But still better than bypass.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 17:51   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Mumbai - Igatpuri - Aurangabad will be better. You will avoid Pune - Ahmednagar stretch, which has heavy traffic.

Even better will be Mumbai - Murbad - Malshej ghat - Alephata - Ahmednagar. The road is good and traffic isn't much.

Don't take bypass at Ahmednagar, going through the city is easier. Ahmednagar bypass is a big problem. The flyover construction is under way at Ahmednagar, so expect few minutes of slow traffic. But still better than bypass.
Thanks. I had wondered about the route but did not find much mention of it. Have you been on it lately?
Old 23rd January 2022, 18:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GauravTaneja View Post
Thanks. I had wondered about the route but did not find much mention of it. Have you been on it lately?
The route is to be avoided in and around monsoon. All other time, it is good drive through wonderful nature. Roads too are good.

I will reconfirm the present condition with a friend who frequents this route. But this road is part of NH222 and always maintained well. I have travelled by this road many times but not recently. Will keep you updated in one or two hours.
Old 23rd January 2022, 20:44   #10
BHPian

Quote:
The route is to be avoided in and around monsoon. All other time, it is good drive through wonderful nature. Roads too are good.

I will reconfirm the present condition with a friend who frequents this route. But this road is part of NH222 and always maintained well. I have travelled by this road many times but not recently. Will keep you updated in one or two hours.
Thank you Rahul. That’s very kind of you.
Old 23rd January 2022, 21:33   #11
Senior - BHPian

Talked to two persons who commute on Nagar - Malshej - Kalyan route.

The road is good. There are occasional small potholes in and around the ghat section but overall the road is ok. The sources told that there are police check posts at two places. Hence please make sure you have valid driving licence, RC, PUC and insurance. Ensure seat belts and masks; the police too will fine for not having seat belts and masks. Of course, the seat belts, masks and proper documents are anyway necessary, especially when you travel across the state.

This road will cause you much less headache compared to Mumbai - Talegaon - Chakan - Shikrapur - Nagar route. Much less traffic. I will advise you to start early, by say 5 am and reach Murbad before 7. The sources also advised to avoid Badlapur because of bad roads. Come via Kalyan, instead.

The sources informed that the Nagar bypass is now in much better condition but advised to avoid it. The bypass is under widening at some places. This, coupled by occasional breakdown of trucks creates 2 - 3 km long jams. Even without any traffic jams, the bypass doesn't save time. So come through Nagar City (via DSP chowk) like I said before.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 23rd January 2022 at 21:42.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 23:26   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Talked to two persons who commute on Nagar - Malshej - Kalyan route.

The road is good. So come through Nagar City (via DSP chowk) like I said before.
Really appreciate the update sir. Thank you so much and I will absolutely follow all the suggestions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks