Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2015, 19:32   #1
BHPian

Route help needed from Simrahi Bazar to Buxar (Bihar)

I need help on the best route from Simrahi Bazar to Buxar. I will be travelling on Thursday 22nd October (Dussehra) in a Scorpio. Google shows two routes - one via Muzaffarpur - Chhapra - Ballia and the other via Muzaffarpur - Patna - Arrah.

I need advice on which will be the fastest even if longer in terms of distance. I am worried about the second route being slower as it passes through the Gandhi Setu at Patna which was a real mess when I crossed it 2 days ago.
I am travelling on the day after so any advice before that will be helpful!

Thanks in advance.
Old 20th October 2015, 20:16   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Route help needed from Simrahi Bazar to Buxar (Bihar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertieWoosert View Post
I need help on the best route from Simrahi Bazar to Buxar. I will be travelling on Thursday 22nd October (Dussehra) in a Scorpio. Google shows two routes - one via Muzaffarpur - Chhapra - Ballia and the other via Muzaffarpur - Patna - Arrah.

I need advice on which will be the fastest even if longer in terms of distance.
The faster route IMO will be via Muzaffarpur. Till Muzaffarpur, it is a no-brainer. After that, till Chhapra and onwards till Balia it is a wide state highway road with good surface.

A friend had done this a month back in a Swift ZDi and at night, no issues reported. Tank up till Muzaffarpur, bunks might be few & far in between.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 12:37   #3
BHPian

Re: Route help needed from Simrahi Bazar to Buxar (Bihar)

Thanks Sheel for your reply. Some work came up at the last minute, and so we finally had to go via Patna. For reference let me put the route that we finally took:

For the first part, it was Simrahi Bazar - Muzaffarpur - Hajipur - Patna. Simrahi Bazar to Muzaffarpur is a great four-lane road, with minimal traffic, but the road from there to Patna is not so great - lots of traffic, railway crossing, no divider at places and so on. We took a total of five hours for a distance of about 240 km, with 30-minute stoppage for food and 15 minutes at the railway crossing. Total toll was Rs. 260 (95 + 95 + 70) for the four-lane part.

Patna to Buxar took us about three hours for 140 km, this was a two-lane no-divider highway all throughout with lot of traffic, local vehicles and speed-breakers. Not the most fun to drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks