Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2010, 12:22   #106
BHPian

Hi,

I was planning to visit Kuntala waterfalls .. just wanted to check is there a hotel or resort near by to stay over night.

I could not find anything online.

thanks in advance
Old 1st November 2010, 12:29   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by changaez View Post
Hi,

I was planning to visit Kuntala waterfalls .. just wanted to check is there a hotel or resort near by to stay over night.

I could not find anything online.

thanks in advance
There are no places at Kuntala Waterfalls for a night stay. The best would be Nirmal town about 50 odd kilometers before the waterfalls.

We had done a day trip and that's the best way to do the trip to Kuntala Waterfalls.

Cheers,
Old 1st November 2010, 12:47   #108
Team-BHP Support

I was also heavily inclined to visit the Belum caves (drive from BLR), but looks like there are no places to stay nearby.
Wikipedia says there is an APTDC hotel nearby.

Belum Caves - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 4th November 2010, 19:28   #109

Reached Blore at 1:45pm IST today after a 6 hour drive time. Started from Hyderabad with the time at Shamshabad airport flyover crossing on NH7 - 6:10 AM, and reached Hebbal Flyover at 1:45 pm. I did a one hour total stoppage along the way, for breakfast and a fuel top up.

Some notes: The NH7 is in TIP TOP condition. There is exactly 10 Kms of it left to be done in Gooty, where you will be taken right through the little town. Anantapur is fully flyovered (you will find it an amazingly skybound experience as you "fly" through). I hated going through the Blore end of Anantapur though --- it was chock-a-block of people, cattle and rickshaws going in every direction EXCEPT the right one!!!!

Now that I am in Blore, I find myself rained in on all sides. Looks like my Ooty plans would be a literal damp-squib. Looking at other short options out of here.

(Will post a full travelogue and pics to the Travelogues section and my WWW blog after I return to Hyd)
Old 4th November 2010, 20:10   #110
BHPian

6 hours Wow Sujay! Last April of 09, i did that stretch in 8 hours (Airport - Hebbal) Bangalore is getting really closer by the day. The other day we had our spadix doing the stretch in 5hours 15 mins!
Old 5th November 2010, 10:52   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
6 hours Wow Sujay! Last April of 09, i did that stretch in 8 hours (Airport - Hebbal) Bangalore is getting really closer by the day. The other day we had our spadix doing the stretch in 5hours 15 mins!
Considering the proximity of Bangalore due to this awesome highway. We can now list Bangalore as a weekend getaway from hyderabad

I am yet to experience that road myself. God know when i will get that opportunity.

Looks like its better to drive than fly as it will take approximately the same time

Note: Sujay, you may want to take a look at this thread. Hyderabad TBHPians are having a mega boat meet on Nov 13.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ets-may10.html

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th November 2010 at 10:54.
Old 5th November 2010, 13:27   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
Sirji, its not spadix but but our absynthguzzler who did that feat. He was accompanied by vip3r.
Old 5th November 2010, 13:36   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Sirji, its not spadix but but our absynthguzzler who did that feat. He was accompanied by vip3r.
Correction :

Did it in 5hours on my way to Hyd from Tarnaka - Airport . Departure time was 8, so can probably take out 20mins as lost time due to the trafffic from home to NH7.

The return was with Vip3r and we did it in 6hours from HAL - Shamshabad and the driver was Mr.Vasu. I drove before breakfast that day and averaged 260 in 2 hrs.

Yes..in a Cruze/Rs/Laura...4.5 hours is doable. This timing was achieved by Vip3r in his RS even before the roads were done up,lol.
Old 5th November 2010, 14:08   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Did it in 5hours on my way to Hyd from Tarnaka - Airport
.... I didn't know i was so confused in directions, lol.

completely OT..plz excuse
Old 9th November 2010, 11:35   #115

Got back from my trip yesterday. Hoping to post my Travellogue on the Travellogue board of this forum later tonight, with the ton of photos!

I really loved the new NH7/44 (yeah, its really confusing with the dual numbering). The number of Toll plazas on the way is now becoming very irritating. It now costs as much on one-way toll, as for an sleeper class ticket by train for one person!

Some quick teasers:
What I really loved: The way the road drains.. my drive back was through the "Jaal" (super cyclone) rain around Anantpur, with near zero visibility. But I was able to happily maintain speeds of 100 Kph, with great drainage on the road (standing water only in the inner-side of the camber).

What I really hated: The pending diversion through Gooty town. I read on the other thread that there is a handy workaround for this too! Nice to know, but post-fact for me...
Old 10th November 2010, 01:54   #116
BHPian

Hamsaladeevi can a good trip from Hyderabad, provided the weather in coastal andhra is good. This place is around 110 kms from Vijayawada.
The route: Hyderabad - Vijayawada - Avanigadda - Hamsaladeevi.
If interested, please check the pics of my recent trip to hamsaladeevi at the following link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2134904-post2432.html

Also there is a lighthouse close by near Nagaylanka (very close to hamsaladeevi). In order to reach the light house, one has to travel by boat. I had been there when I was young. So there are no pics. However, more information about this light house can be found at
DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF LIGHTHOUSES AND LIGHTSHIPS
This trip to light house will take more than half a day.

Not sure if this is mentioned earlier in this thread or not, but there is also Manginapudi beach in Machilipatnam(also known as Bandar) and a light house close by.(40kms from Avanigadda)

However, I am not quite sure if one can find decent lodges in Avanigadda or Hamsaladeevi beach.

Last edited by himavanth_m : 10th November 2010 at 01:56.
Old 6th January 2011, 04:30   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad

How is Warangal and what are the main attractions. From photography p.o.v!

I only have a Sunday to spare, will try to leave early, to be able to catch the Sunrise in Warangal, or en-route.

Monuments, temples etc I know will open their gates only later in the day I guess. So any 'general' locations should be perfect.

Ideas guys. Please!!
Old 6th January 2011, 11:24   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
How is Warangal and what are the main attractions. From photography p.o.v!

I only have a Sunday to spare, will try to leave early, to be able to catch the Sunrise in Warangal, or en-route.

Monuments, temples etc I know will open their gates only later in the day I guess. So any 'general' locations should be perfect.

Ideas guys. Please!!
Warangal has 1000 Pillar temple and its good for photography. You also have Ramappa and Laknavaram lakes near Warangal.
Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad-img_1486.jpg

Last edited by MileCruncher : 6th January 2011 at 11:37.
Old 6th January 2011, 14:31   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Warangal has 1000 Pillar temple and its good for photography. You also have Ramappa and Laknavaram lakes near Warangal.
Attachment 478103
The 1000 pillar temple was dismantled the last time I visited 1.5 yrs back.
Has it been restored ?

However the warangal fort and the seat of the Kakatiya dynasty was absolutely majestic.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:35   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Considering the proximity of Bangalore due to this awesome highway. We can now list Bangalore as a weekend getaway from hyderabad

I am yet to experience that road myself. God know when i will get that opportunity.

Looks like its better to drive than fly as it will take approximately the same time
It sure is a Weekend Getaway now. Did it this weekend (29-30 Jan11). Crossed Hyd Airport at sharp 4:45am and crossed Bangalore Airport flyover at 10:30am. The highway is a runway, the faster you can drive the sooner you reach. No traffic on the way to bangalore, not even a stone on the highway. All cities are bypassed and the highway is brilliantly marked with reflectors. Loved the night drive just for the reflectors.

On the way back, encountered truck traffic, but was not a hassle at all, they were just too good. A special mention for TN registered truckers. They were brilliant, stayed on the left and gave indications well in advance.

Ideal places to stop and refuel. Hyd to Bangalore, there is a Reliance pump and dhaba about 15 kms after Kurnool. Bangalore to Hyderabad: Reliance pump about 60 kms before Kurnool and a dhaba 6 kms later. The board at this dhaba says Kurnool 54 kms.

MaSh

MaSh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks