Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2016, 09:57   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad

We are a group of 6 (including 3 ladies) and are planning a 1-day return trip around Hyderabad on 14th August '16. We have shortlisted Kuntala Falls and Srisailam as the two options for now. Are there better options in a 5-600 kms round trip range? If not, which would be a better option from our short list?

TIA.

Regards,
Ashis
Old 30th July 2016, 08:49   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Just one input from my end, pictures of trip should be shared in the same post so all information is available at one location

Thank You Avinash,
Sure, I will add some pics as well. The reason I have the pics updated in my ownership thread is because it acts as a single point of reference for memories, when we flip through pages 😃.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Are there better options in a 5-600 kms round trip range? If not, which would be a better option from our short list?

Regards,
Ashis
Hello Ashis,

I have tentative plans to visit Jannrum Forests on the same weekend.
Well if you are into temples then Sridailam is a good option doable in a day (being a long weekend, I expect it to be crowded). The drive on the mountains is amazing and refreshing.

Kuntala falls the drive wise it's a 6 lane Toll road so it's not too existing or scenic (except for a few km after you divert from the NH) in comparison to Srisailam, but yes will be less stressful.
Also the waterfall at Kuntala is very nice and with some good rains from the past few days I am expecting water levels to be decent.
Food options near the waterfalls is very limited it's better to take packed food or return to the highway to find some options.

Cheers,
Pradeep.
Old 16th January 2017, 11:53   #228
Team-BHP Support

Kakinada

My sister in law recently invited all of us to her wedding anniversary in Kakinada.
They booked rooms for everyone in Haritha Beach Resorts Kakinada

The car route was Hyderabad-Vijayawada-Eluru-Kakinada.
I just followed the route suggested by google maps and the drive was approximately 9 hours.

The road is decent all the way to Kakinada.

During the onward journey we stopped for lunch in Vijayawada at:
Kranthi's Innotel Hotel: Decent food, good and quick service. Clean toilets.
Address: Beside Ramavarappadu Ring, Eluru Rd, Ramavarapadu, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh 520008

Return we stopped at a MacDonald's in Vijayawada. Super clean toilets.

About the Haritha Resorts. Its a government owned property. The food is kind of acceptable. There is a beach right next door to the property. Just need to walk up and down a wooden bridge.
The only issue I had with the resort was that all the water in the bathrooms was a tad salty. So brushing teeth was a huge problem. Had to rinse my hair with bottled water as it left them very sticky.

We also hired a boat to take us to Hope Island.
The boat ride was a lot of fun.
The Island has really clean beaches. But the space under the trees was littered with bottles and plastic.
Go to the Island only if you have a big group. Its deserted and I would not risk being there alone or with just my family.
Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad-img_20170113_104450.jpg

Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad-img_20170113_110317.jpg

Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad-img_20170113_114637.jpg

Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad-img_20170113_112907.jpg

Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad-img_20170113_105238.jpg

Saw these beauties at the Kakinada Jetty. The guy quoted 1100 a kilo. Could not buy because I was so far away from my kitchen.
Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad-img_20170113_125625.jpg
bblost is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 19:19   #229
BHPian

Thread seems to be dormant for a while. I was wondering if anyone could pass me some advice on picnic spots in and around Hyderabad. Although it won't be an exact weekend gateway kind of a trip. I was trying to find information about some place that can be round tripped within a day with a pot-luck kind of an arrangement. Shamirpet lake was on my radar but I went through an article recently where the visitors are being shooed away by the police, won't be a pleasant sight with families and friends in tow. The zoo is the last option or maybe the botanical garden as well, both within Hyderabad.
Old 21st December 2017, 09:41   #230

You can try 'Pocharam Lake' near Medak. It is an old Nizam era reservoir with a now dilapidated inspection bungalow.
You can stop-by in Deer park before you head to the reservoir. This is owned by the state government and well maintained as there is a deer breeding center opposite to the park. There is a safari run but is functional always. You can try your luck on that front but the park is good to hang-out with family. Reservoir needs some off-tracking but worth it.

Google directions from Hyderabad.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/?link=https:...e-5228bf232fb7
peter_parker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 13:43   #231
BHPian

I visited Deccan Trails campsite near Vikarabad which is 60 kms from Hyderabad on the 1st of January 2018.

How to reach:
Hyderabad-moinabad-chevella-Manneguda Village, Gangupally Tanda,
Vikarabad, Telangana 501101.

Google maps pin: https://goo.gl/maps/jgbnSxc1Yeq
Tariff for Day picnic: 1050 adult, 900 kids, kids below 5yrs free

For detailed information watch this video.

nawabnabeel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 22:58   #232
BHPian

Thanks guys. I ended up visiting Laknavaram Lake which is located in the outskirts of Warangal. The travelogue is still in the assembly line.

Will try out the suggested options in the near future.
Old 21st March 2018, 11:06   #233
BHPian

Friends,
Please let me know any weekend getaways within 200kms of Hyderabad.
Old 27th April 2018, 08:46   #234
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,
I have been a Hyderabad resident for 10 years and the lack of decent options for the weekend still pains me.I am looking for not more than 3-4 hours drive one way. Can you please suggest some options?
Considering that this is the middle of summer, I am thinking of starting early morning, stoppping somewhere for breakfast and then coming back by noon or so. Looking for good scenic roads for a nice drive, that's all.
I was thinking of the road to Srisailam may be an option. Is there any decent place on that way for a quick stopover? Any other suggestions?
Old 28th May 2018, 19:11   #235
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Any reviews on Bhavani Island, Vijayawada? Have any BHPians been there?

Looks worth visiting from this video.

Scarlet_Rider is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 20:04   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Hi Folks,

Any reviews on Bhavani Island, Vijayawada? Have any BHPians been there?
My brother visited a year ago, and was appreciating it a lot. But avoid it in summer. Vijaywada will be hotter than Hyderabad. The Brits used to call it 'Blazewada'!
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 23:10   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
My brother visited a year ago, and was appreciating it a lot. But avoid it in summer. Vijaywada will be hotter than Hyderabad.
Thanks for the feedback! Yes, the best time to visit would be between November to February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The Brits used to call it 'Blazewada'!
Vijayawada is hotter than Hyderabad by 2 to 4 degrees. No point in going now.
Old 18th May 2019, 08:35   #238
BHPian

Advice on Road trip with 10 month old child

Dear BHPians - need your advice.

I am contemplating a road trip with my family - better half, 5 year old and 10 months old daughters. Being based out of Hyderabad, would need your advice on possible nearby locations.

Below points to be considered:
1. Trip date - September & October
2. Trip duration - 1 week maximum
3. Driving time - 4 - 6 hours maximum.

Would be happy with a mixed bad location - temples, forts and mild adventure options.

Please advise, as I am officially blank.
Old 19th May 2019, 01:42   #239
BHPian

Re: Advice on Road trip with 10 month old child

The season you have chosen is fantastic. My suggestion would be Hills and beaches. Most of the western ghats will be lush, dams full, not rainy but the water falls would have decent flow. Beaches would be pleasant in temperature, clear sky, clean backwaters, rivers and canals flow full.

Goa and Coorg is what I am thinking. Hyderabad-Coorg-Talacauvery-Mangalore-Gokarna-Goa-Hyderabad.

Temples are personal choice, based on your preference you may explore around Coorg such as Belur, Halebidu, Talacauvery also enroute Goa around Mangalore, Udupi and Gokarna.

Plenty of forts are studded alongside above route.

If you prefer to further shorten it, instead of Coorg you may pick Chikmagalur + Kudremukh or Shimoga + Jog

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 19th May 2019 at 02:00.
Thermodynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 09:03   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Advice on Road trip with 10 month old child

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
Being based out of Hyderabad, would need your advice on possible nearby locations
Given your location you have the option of going up north or down south but nothing will meet your criteria of 4-6 hours of drive time. you will have to drive a lot more and maybe even break stop overnight somewhere in order to get to the destination. For eg: most people who drive to coorg from hyd typically stop near mysore overnight and then head to coorg. Else if you want to do hills, temples & beaches, you will again need to drive about 12 hours to get to shivamogga and then continue. would suggest you look at the option of flight and then self drive car if you really want to manage your drive time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks