Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 14:28   #1
BHPian

Noida - Bareilly : Route Queries

A couple of friends and I are traveling from Noida to Bareilly on Saturday and then back next day early morning. Google Maps (PFA screenshot) is suggesting 3 routes - a) via Hapur, Moradabad, Rampur (b) Bulandhahr, Narora, Budaun and (c) Jattari, Aligarh, Budaun.
Which one is the best route in terms of road and traffic conditions. We're in no hurry and time is not a big constraint as long as the road condition is good.

Also, would really appreciate pointers for some good eateries on the route.

PS : Didn't find any discussion on this route in the threads. @Mods : Please merge it to existing thread (if any).
Attached Thumbnails
Noida - Bareilly : Route Queries-noidabareilly.png  

Last edited by GTO : 9th March 2016 at 13:07. Reason: Typo
Old 8th March 2016, 15:46   #2
Aum
BHPian

Stick to route a) Hapur-Moradabad-rampur-Bareilly. There are plenty of dhabas on the route. Caution use Moradabad bypass, getting in and out of city would eat up lot of your time.

Last edited by GTO : 9th March 2016 at 13:08. Reason: Typo
Aum is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 18:05   #3
BHPian

re: Noida - Bareilly : Route Queries

I would also suggest you to stick to the Hapur, Moradabad, Rampur route. Roads are very good here and there are plenty of delicious dhabas and other fast food joints in babugarh, gajraula and other places which fall in between. Few names of dhabas will be repeated many times due to their past popularity (shiva for example )

As Aum suggested stick to the bypasses and you will have no issues of roads.
One thing to keep in mind though is to keep a thorough eye on the sides of the roads especially when you cross towns. Bikers, cars and some trucks for that matter try to merge into the main highway suddenly and can lead to tricky situations.

Happy journey.
Piyush46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 20:10   #4
BHPian

Well Moradabad is my hometown and I make atleast one trip every month from Gurgaon to Moradabad. Take the following route Noida - Hapur by pass - Ghar - Gajraula - Moradabad (By-pass) - Rampur - Bareilly.
If you want traditional food (roti and daal etc) stop at Shiva Dhaba otherwise Gajraula is nice stop which has all kind of foods (Mc Donalds, KFC, Bikanerwala, CCD, Dominos) plus nice Indian food as well, try MOGA, TADKA that's a nice place to eat.
Now coming to road conditions Noida to Bareilly is almost 4 lane. You can hit moradabad in around 2 hours without stop and take the Moradabad by pass (Take the Flyover right after Holiday Regency, it's a 5 Star hotel which will be on your left once you cross Pakwada) and Bareilly is 100 kms from Moradabad.
And that to is 4 lane for (90%) with some patches with road widening work in process but definitely the route to take.

Last edited by Singh09 : 8th March 2016 at 20:11.
Singh09 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 22:03   #5
BHPian

Thanks Aum, Piyush46 and Singh09 !

We'll take the Hapur, Gajraula, Moradabad route as you guys have suggested. Will keep an eye out for the Shiva dhaba on the way. Roadtrips are incomplete without dal roti on chaarpai in a line hotel

After spending all my childhood and teenage years in U.P., I moved out of there some 10 years back (moved to Kharagpur, Bangalore). When I had left, the road conditions were very poor. I still remember, a 200 Km drive from Shaktinagar (Sonebhadra) to Varanasi used to take 6+ hours. So, I'm quite surprized (and glad) to hear good things about the road conditions in U.P. Will share updates once I'm done with the trip this weekend.
Old 15th March 2016, 23:36   #6
BHPian

Had a smooth drive to and fro. The roads were good throughout, but the last 100 Kms (towards Bareilly) was excellent. There was one patch near an incomplete flyover that was a bit of a mess. Some of the sections on the highway were very scenic, especially since it was drizzling on Sunday on our way back to Noida.

One pain point was the motorcyclists (tripling, and without helmets!) and overloaded tractors coming in the opposite direction on a one-way road. Otherwise there wasn't much traffic on the route. We did come across a overturned sand laden truck (it had rammed into the median)

We dined at Moga, and the Aaloo Paratha and tea were pretty good, I'd surely recommend them.

Lot of toll booths on the way. Total toll : 30 + 65 + 90 + 155 + 160 = 500 (all of them were round trip tolls as we were returning back within 24 hours). A couple of the tolls looked unauthorized - though all of them gave us proper receipts.
texens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 07:17   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
Had a smooth drive to and fro. The roads were good throughout, but the last 100 Kms (towards Bareilly) was excellent. There was one patch near an incomplete flyover that was a bit of a mess. Some of the sections on the highway were very scenic, especially since it was drizzling on Sunday on our way back to Noida.
Great updates on this thread. And its glad to note, Delhi-Moradabad-Bareily is getting really upgraded, thanks the required 4-lane access to Lucknow.

Its been decades since I have been around this region. Have some fond memories around the dhabas of the quadrilateral consisting of Moradabad-Chandausi-Badaun-Bareilly. Once traveled back in a truck from Bareilly loaded with furniture. There was nothing to write about roads then.

And last but not least, I still hope that famous Lassi joint in Bareilly (Was it Dinanath ki Mashoor Lassi?) is still around!
Old 16th March 2016, 12:13   #8
Aum
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
Had a smooth drive to and fro. The roads were good throughout, but the last 100 Kms (towards Bareilly) was excellent.
Thanks for update. Share some pictures of the drive and also your stay in Bareilly. I grew up in Bareilly but it has been few years since I have been there.
Old 16th March 2016, 12:37   #9
BHPian

Our stay in Bareilly was a very short one - we were there to attend a colleague's wedding. Didn't get the time to venture out and explore the city. We reached there on Sat evening, attended the wedding function, took a good night sleep and started back for Noida at 7am on Sunday morning.

We were staying in Prem nagar, and the function was at Trivatinath mandir.
I've spent all my teen years in a small township in U.P., so the small city charm was a nostalgic experience.

We had a pit stop on the route to grab some guava at the road side. We took out our phones to click pictures of the mango farm on the side of the road, but were immediately surrounded by anxious monkeys, so just jumped back into the car, and couldn't click any pictures.

I have to attend yet another wedding in Patna, and am planning to do the 1000 Km road trip from Delhi to Patna via Kanpur, Varanasi with college batchmates. Will make sure to maintain a travelogue this time
Old 16th March 2016, 13:05   #10
BHPian

Quote:
One pain point was the motorcyclists (tripling, and without helmets!) and overloaded tractors coming in the opposite direction on a one-way road. Otherwise there wasn't much traffic on the route. We did come across a overturned sand laden truck (it had rammed into the median)
As i mentioned earlier, the traffic conditions here are far from being good when the high speed cruising is concerned. Accidents are a very familiar sight in this stretch owing to it.

Anyways, good to know that you enjoyed the road. Happy cruising.
Old 9th November 2018, 12:10   #11
BHPian

Re: Noida - Bareilly : Route Queries

An upcoming daytime travel on the Delhi-Bareilly route end of Nov begs me to ask about the update on this route.

I'm aware of endless jaywalking on this stretch but w.r.t road conditions, how is it now? I was also told about traffic jams near Hapur especially during daytime, is that correct?

Thanks!
Old 9th November 2018, 12:28   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
An upcoming daytime travel on the Delhi-Bareilly route end of Nov begs me to ask about the update on this route.

I'm aware of endless jaywalking on this stretch but w.r.t road conditions, how is it now? I was also told about traffic jams near Hapur especially during daytime, is that correct?

Thanks!
Route till Dasna toll plaza is good, after that, till Pilkhua it is like crawling speed through construction work. Post Pilkhua, it's silky smooth highway. Overall, expect 1 to 1.5 hour extra time than usual 5.5 hours to reach Bareilly, due to the single lane stretch (due to construction work for elevated road) of about 20 odd KMs and intermittent diversions between Dasna and Pilkhua
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 19:31   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Overall, expect 1 to 1.5 hour extra time than usual 5.5 hours to reach Bareilly, due to the single lane stretch (due to construction work for elevated road) of about 20 odd KMs and intermittent diversions between Dasna and Pilkhua
Thanks for the heads up! 6+ hours for a 250 km stretch is going to indeed be a very tiring affair because of the traffic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks