Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2016, 11:04   #1
BHPian

Planning a trip to Muktinath, Nepal

My parents are visiting us and we thought it would be nice to take a family outing. One place they have wanted to visit is Muktinath in Nepal. Could i get advise on what could be a 7-9 day itinerary for Muktinath and other places of interest in Nepal? My parents are in their 80's; but reasonably fit. We can afford to splurge a bit and travel by Air, helicopter or the most convenient transport and stay at good resorts.
Would appreciate getting a bit of advise since the last trip we made to Nepal was way back in the early 90's.

Mods: Apologise if i have placed this in the wrong forum.
Old 1st September 2016, 11:14   #2
BHPian

re: Planning a trip to Muktinath, Nepal

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
My parents are visiting us and we thought it would be nice to take a family outing. One place they have wanted to visit is Muktinath in Nepal. Could i get advise on what could be a 7-9 day itinerary for Muktinath and other places of interest in Nepal? My parents are in their 80's; but reasonably fit. We can afford to splurge a bit and travel by Air, helicopter or the most convenient transport and stay at good resorts.
Would appreciate getting a bit of advise since the last trip we made to Nepal was way back in the early 90's.

Hello.

My Father is just back from Manasa Saravora trip. Even though his initial itinerary included Muktinath, he had to skip that. His group had 60 members and around 50 members came back to Bangalore after Manasa Sarovara, instead of continuing to Mukthinath. Reason being the extreme weather conditions. Apparently it is around 45C in the mornings and extremely cold in the evenings/night. Need not to mention about the lack of proper food and accommodation facilities. Please get/collect all the information before proceeding. Happy tripping.
For reference, my Dad is 59.
autospeaker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 11:54   #3
BHPian

re: Planning a trip to Muktinath, Nepal

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post

I visited Kailash Mansarovar and Muktinath this year. The ideal itinerary would be to fly to Kathmandu, visit Pokhara & Muktinath.
With 7-9 days available, you can have a relaxed trip. You can look at taking a package trip thru a travel agent. It would be hassle free but a bit expensive. Considering the aged parents, would suggest booking a package trip thru a travel agent.
crossroads is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 14:09   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Planning a trip to Muktinath, Nepal

Is April a good time to be heading to mustang? Or is there going to be rain on the circuit?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks